On 10/6/2021 at 2:14 PM, cyprus said:

@LordJarhead It looks like after the recent CUP update the BMP-1 main cannon does no damage for either shell type when the JSRS CUP Weapons Mod Sound Support is enabled. The cannon works fine with just CUP on. I haven't noticed any other weapons working improperly with JSRS on, but I haven't tested exhaustively.

Here's a couple screenshots demonstrating the issue:

Hey,

Well, that seems to be some Class / Inheritance issue going on. It would need further investigation. thanks for the hint! 

3 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Hey,

Well, that seems to be some Class / Inheritance issue going on. It would need further investigation. thanks for the hint! 

Speaking of inheritance issues, when RHS added their RPK-74M they changed some base classes, so now the RHS AFRF compat breaks the RPK-74M and it uses PKM boxes instead of RPK/AK mags. I don't know if you were already aware so I figured I'd tell you to make sure.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GordonWeedman said:

Speaking of inheritance issues, when RHS added their RPK-74M they changed some base classes, so now the RHS AFRF compat breaks the RPK-74M and it uses PKM boxes instead of RPK/AK mags. I don't know if you were already aware so I figured I'd tell you to make sure.

No, not really. To be honest, I've been completely absent for a long time so I have no idea what changed during the last two years. 

I might be close to release a completely new JSRS mod, maybe including VFX as well, so that will give me the chance for a fresh start instead of catching up old tracks. 

LJ 

• Like 10

I'm rather excited to here about a new project, as your previous works have made the game so much better. Can't wait to see the new mod release! Keep up the amazing work.

• Like 2

A new version of JSRS would be sooo awesome. I had to stop using it as various updates to RHS and GM have apparently broken some things. I remember the GM SKOT-2A having no gun sound at all and I think the German AA Tank Gepard also has some issues.

Also the CSLA CDLC is in desperate need of some better sounds.

I hope if you do work on a new mod, it wouldn't be to hard to do GM, CSLA, RHS and CUP because there is so much overlapping content/weapons? Like all the AKs, M16s, M4s, FALs, G3s and the like but also lots of different versions of the same vehicles.

By the way, awesome work on SOG PF, the sounds are just so good.  Its hard to go back to Vanilla or any other mod now!

• Thanks 1

Best Arma soundmod. This just cannot be abandoned. Absence for such a long time

Please tell us atleast you're good and everything is alright?

• Like 2

I'm here^^. I just barely found any time for modding lately. VN is taking up most of it. I'll be around sooner or later and see what we can pull off. Have some updates in mind already; I just need to find the time.

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear you back!

Please dont let us starving too long)

On 3/18/2022 at 4:41 PM, LordJarhead said:

I'm here^^. I just barely found any time for modding lately. VN is taking up most of it. I'll be around sooner or later and see what we can pull off. Have some updates in mind already; I just need to find the time.

Thanks, it's been a while since I've seen the update message

On 10/9/2021 at 2:44 AM, mikey74 said:

I definitely feel you. FOA/AISS are no where near as big as JSRS sound mod. I can tell you. I get burned out just thinking of pulling that old mod apart and making it work again. So, I started over with a very simple mod called pinned. Over time this may grow to 

Hey man, I don't see your mod anymore

Hey, howdy.

I heard familiar sound design to JSRS in new 'reforger', seem like you've been working on this new title's sounds, aren't you?

6 hours ago, BSN_19 said:

Hey, howdy.

I heard familiar sound design to JSRS in new 'reforger', seem like you've been working on this new title's sounds, aren't you?

Howdy, 

nah, I am not involved in this game or their design. Still focusing on Prairie Fire. 

Thanks, 

LJ 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Howdy, 

nah, I am not involved in this game or their design. Still focusing on Prairie Fire. 

Thanks, 

LJ 

Best of luck on the next update.

Tried JSRS since i heard it no longer contained scripts and am enjoying the sounds. Of course,we all have different taste,and i was wondering if you ever considered to make the mod sounds more modular? I believe the mod used to be(or i am miss remembering).

On 5/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, LordJarhead said:

Howdy, 

Thanks, 

LJ 

Just catched, as i thought, similarities between these two sound designes as a major-strong weapon mechanism sounds in last jsrs CE.20.0810 mod and 'reforger'.

Anyway, waiting both Praire Fire updaite and Jsrs soundmod updaite.

(any insides about when new Praire Fire version is comming? 😉  )

Hey, thank you for this absolutely breathtaking mod!

Would it be possible to make it configurable?
I would love the possiblity of editing individual volumes and distances, like reflectors or cracks. Would love to make forest effects loud AF!

Thank you!

does anyone know how to correctly uninstall this mod. I have a problem - after removing this mod, ARMA can't load even
in the main menu

• Confused 1