On 2/10/2021 at 3:14 PM, LordJarhead said:

@sammael The thing is that all sound files are combined in the main JSRS mod, and all compat files for RHS or other mods are purely configuration files; hence the compat mods are just tiny in size. In the compat files, I only define what soundset weapons or vehicles should use; the JSRS main mod contains all soundsets and shaders in its configuration file to keep things combined and not scattered. This way, you can have only one big configuration with all settings and parameters and don't need to do this for every compat mod. Because every soundset needs settings like Filters, processors, and attenuation or volume curves, and you'd have to make these every time if they weren't combined in one file that all compat configs rely on. I hope that makes sense 😄

Thank you author, Can you help me, I am new to playing and know your sound mod.
  I activated the mod "JSRS SOUNDMOD" which sounded very good, but when activating the mod "JSRS SOUNDMOD - Reloading Sounds", the sound of the gun sounded worse, there was no distant sound when firing bullets. Is this a bug or a feature? 😯

On 5/8/2021 at 10:59 PM, ducphuli said:

Thank you author, Can you help me, I am new to playing and know your sound mod.
  I activated the mod "JSRS SOUNDMOD" which sounded very good, but when activating the mod "JSRS SOUNDMOD - Reloading Sounds", the sound of the gun sounded worse, there was no distant sound when firing bullets. Is this a bug or a feature? 😯

That surely was not a feature and sounds more or less like a bug to me. I haven't really updated JSRS in a long time now. What mods are involved besides JSRS?

LJ

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

That surely was not a feature and sounds more or less like a bug to me. I haven't really updated JSRS in a long time now. What mods are involved besides JSRS?

LJ

Thanks for the reply, I am currently using these mods.

I like to hear the AK-103 firing when "JSRS SOUNDMOD" is activated.

But when activating 2 mods " JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS AiO Mod Pack Sound Support +  JSRS SOUNDMOD - Reloading Sounds", the sound is no longer that of the AK-103 sound as before + there is no longer the sound of bullets breaking the wind.

---------------

I bought the additional DLC "Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire" the default sound you make is awesome. 

o4WMmTh.png

I have to admit the sonic cracks from both JSRS and SOGPF are off when I use 3D positioning sound or stereo. I cannot tell the direction of the shots. I can with Dynasound 2.0 or ESS loaded.

Also, I would request mortar or light artillery strikes to include the "whistle" sound when the shell/warhead is arriving near the target like this:

For example, I can hear it in CUP and it helps with the immersion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ducphuli said:

Thanks for the reply, I am currently using these mods.

I like to hear the AK-103 firing when "JSRS SOUNDMOD" is activated.But when activating 2 mods " JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS AiO Mod Pack Sound Support +  JSRS SOUNDMOD - Reloading Sounds", the sound is no longer that of the AK-103 sound as before + there is no longer the sound of bullets breaking the wind.

Not that it would worth anything, but I would try loading the JSRS RHS Compat files after RHS. However, the load order shouldn't play a role as the file patching does that for you. I can't really put the finger on it what seems to be the issue here. I would suggest disabling the Reloadsounds if these cause the issue for you.

8 hours ago, ducphuli said:

I bought the additional DLC "Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire" the default sound you make is awesome.

Haha, thank you very much; enjoy it. 🙂

3 hours ago, Valken said:

I have to admit the sonic cracks from both JSRS and SOGPF are off when I use 3D positioning sound or stereo. I cannot tell the direction of the shots. I can with Dynasound 2.0 or ESS loaded.

Also, I would request mortar or light artillery strikes to include the "whistle" sound when the shell/warhead is arriving near the target like this:

Regarding JSRS: There is always a discussion about whether you can pinpoint a shooter's location based on a sonic crack or not. In my experience, you can not. The bullet passes, and you'd pinpoint the shooter's position when you hear the shot in the distance.

If you like to give feedback for the new Creator DLC, please consider visiting our community and report any suggestions, feedback, bugs there: https://community.sogpf.com/

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 12:24 PM, LordJarhead said:

Not that it would worth anything, but I would try loading the JSRS RHS Compat files after RHS. However, the load order shouldn't play a role as the file patching does that for you. I can't really put the finger on it what seems to be the issue here. I would suggest disabling the Reloadsounds if these cause the issue for you.

Haha, thank you very much; enjoy it. 🙂

I currently only enable "JSRS SOUNDMOD"
Hope there will be sound of AK bullets like this video, thanks!

This is just an unnecessary example (edit)

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Valken said:

The sound of falling is very nice

@LordJarhead  I often use infantry in advanced Zeus, I hope the author will fix the sound of AK, because the mod "JSRS SOUNDMOD - Reloading Sounds" doesn't sound good at the moment. 

The gunfire of all AKs is the same, it sounds pretty dry

Now I know why the sound of the AK series is broken, it's from the new version on steam, people review the mod "JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS AFRF Mod Pack Sound Support" 

pGQHEOH.png

6 minutes ago, ducphuli said:

Now I know why the sound of the AK series is broken, it's from the new version on steam, people review the mod "JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS AFRF Mod Pack Sound Support" 

I'll be honest, neither have I updated JSRS_Soundmod, nor the RHS compat files in a long, long time. So RHS might have had multiple updates along the road that are not covered by JSRS anymore. The sound is not broken, it just goes back to vanilla / RHS sounds. 

If I ever find the time, I'll need to redo the whole concept of the mod and the compat files. It's a big problem to dig into this mod right now after a year or more working on other things. With better configuration files and a more advanced solution than what I did back then. 

LJ 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

I'll be honest, neither have I updated JSRS_Soundmod, nor the RHS compat files in a long, long time. So RHS might have had multiple updates along the road that are not covered by JSRS anymore. The sound is not broken, it just goes back to vanilla / RHS sounds. 

If I ever find the time, I'll need to redo the whole concept of the mod and the compat files. It's a big problem to dig into this mod right now after a year or more working on other things. With better configuration files and a more advanced solution than what I did back then. 

LJ 

Thanks for the explanation, I understand your rework problem takes a lot of time.
 I won't ask any more, have a good day. 😉

7 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

LJ 

Hello, are you free to accept me as a disciple, I want to make a separate sound mod for AK 

44 minutes ago, ducphuli said:

Hello, are you free to accept me as a disciple, I want to make a separate sound mod for AK 

I'm sry, I'm not able to help you with that as my time is pretty limited. 

There is a Sound Design 101 from Megagoth1702 that might give you all the needed informations to get started. There you'll be helped with all your questions, I'm sure 🙂

LJ 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

I'm sry, I'm not able to help you with that as my time is pretty limited. 

There is a Sound Design 101 from Megagoth1702 that might give you all the needed informations to get started. There you'll be helped with all your questions, I'm sure 🙂

LJ 

Thanks man

Hi there,
Those IFA 3 sounds are godsent!! I could listen to that stuff all day 😄
The thing I enjoy the most are the bullet cracks and whizzes when they fly by your head. They're sooo much better than IFA3 standard.
However I've noticed that, when some weapons are mounted on vehicles instead of fired by infantry, they lose these custom fly-by sounds. I've noticed it for the MG-34, the DT and the M2 .50. Is this intended?

I can see you've got your hands full so if this is more than just changing three config lines, disregard it.

In any case, thanks so much for your work!

Hello @LordJarhead

- Nothing, I'm still researching the sound of bullet casings hitting the ground. But it seems A3 has nothing to apply that way.

After a while of research I learned how to edit gun sounds.

But there is one thing that confuses me:

- Why I have applied 5 sound files to the gun but they do not make sound (I have put the correct path, I can hear it outside but in the game, there is no sound)

I then tried replacing 5 other audio files and they worked.

I don't know why some sounds can't be played? Have you encountered any case like this.

Arma 3 still lacks proper suppressed sounds, so I hope the finalized version will sound more like this with the sonic crack echo (some of the earlier A3 JSRS releases already sounded similar afaik):

12 hours ago, coffeeshock said:

Arma 3 still lacks proper suppressed sounds, so I hope the finalized version will sound more like this with the sonic crack echo (some of the earlier A3 JSRS releases already sounded similar afaik):

But those are three (or more) different sounds.  One is the suppressed sound of the rifle (along with the bolt sound, of course).  Then there's the sonic crack.  Then there's the computation of the echo of the sonic crack.  The sonic crack doesn't make that echo sound all the time, only when there's something to reflect the sound.

If you heard that sound previously (and I can't remember if that was a thing...but I'm not arguing with you that it didn't do that), it was because LJH built that echo computation into the mod, just like now when you shoot outside and then shoot inside, the report of the rifle sounds different.

I'm not arguing that it sounds great if the situation applies, I just don't think it should be "hard-coded" into the sound tail, as geography will determine if it truly sounds like that.

On 5/15/2021 at 5:45 PM, LordJarhead said:

LJ 

just to clarify the sound isn't broken 
the Whole RPK inherts from the PKM due to JSRS
mags sound animation..etc..
@LordJarhead

9 hours ago, gatordev said:

But those are three (or more) different sounds.  One is the suppressed sound of the rifle (along with the bolt sound, of course).  Then there's the sonic crack.  Then there's the computation of the echo of the sonic crack.  The sonic crack doesn't make that echo sound all the time, only when there's something to reflect the sound.

If you heard that sound previously (and I can't remember if that was a thing...but I'm not arguing with you that it didn't do that), it was because LJH built that echo computation into the mod, just like now when you shoot outside and then shoot inside, the report of the rifle sounds different.

I'm not arguing that it sounds great if the situation applies, I just don't think it should be "hard-coded" into the sound tail, as geography will determine if it truly sounds like that.

I am not asking for perfection, but suppressed JSRS sounds (the shot itself including bolt) used to sound more realistic in general in an older version, CE.19.0822 iirc (RHS JSRS mod). I know of at least one private mod where this is already a thing, so it's possible especially since echos (from the shooters pov) already exist for all non-suppressed shots and I am still conviced that this already existed in that earlier version (unsupressed M4s, M16s etc also sounded more realistic in general), I was very disappointed when all these sounds were changed again and the echo was gone.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:17 AM, coffeeshock said:

I am not asking for perfection, but suppressed JSRS sounds (the shot itself including bolt) used to sound more realistic in general in an older version, CE.19.0822 iirc (RHS JSRS mod). I know of at least one private mod where this is already a thing, so it's possible especially since echos (from the shooters pov) already exist for all non-suppressed shots and I am still conviced that this already existed in that earlier version (unsupressed M4s, M16s etc also sounded more realistic in general), I was very disappointed when all these sounds were changed again and the echo was gone.

Fair enough.  And I, honestly, just enjoy what I have now since my Arma time is limited.  Combine that with removing any RHS compat files and then making my own Tier One compatiblity file (for suppressed weapons and SUPER-simple), I'm sure I'm not hearing the same thing as others.  I was just pointing out that the action/report/bullet sounds are all unique in the real world, but totally understand we're "ham-stringed" by the game engine.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:17 AM, coffeeshock said:

It is sometimes hard to stay on road with all the content, like main, DLC, CDLC, all the most used mods. And I end up going always the same road - I start with the main game and think "I need to cover the DLC as well, and the mods... oh maybe the CDLCs, too?" and it ends up being a giant project pretty fast. So, I’d like to go a different approach maybe.

Now that Prairie Fire got released, I got some more free time lately. Maybe I can dig back into it and get some of that lost realistic approach back into it.

My personal problem is digging back into the situation in and around JSRS and how it’s currently working. At this point, making a new sound mod from scratch is far more simple, and less time consuming. The base mod is always the same and fairly simple to set up.

Maybe you guys have some wishes that we could focus on and have another JSRS beta going that we can experiment with.

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

My personal problem is digging back into the situation in and around JSRS and how it’s currently working. At this point, making a new sound mod from scratch is far more simple, and less time consuming.

Oh yeah, this sooo much man, I know exactly how you feel!

Anyway, great to see you around again, Godspeed!

• Like 1

@LordJarhead It looks like after the recent CUP update the BMP-1 main cannon does no damage for either shell type when the JSRS CUP Weapons Mod Sound Support is enabled. The cannon works fine with just CUP on. I haven't noticed any other weapons working improperly with JSRS on, but I haven't tested exhaustively.

Here's a couple screenshots demonstrating the issue:
u9kDkFr.png

2ZMyBMD.png

Edited by cyprus
adding screenshots for proof

On 9/10/2021 at 2:30 AM, LordJarhead said:

It is sometimes hard to stay on road with all the content, like main, DLC, CDLC, all the most used mods. And I end up going always the same road - I start with the main game and think "I need to cover the DLC as well, and the mods... oh maybe the CDLCs, too?" and it ends up being a giant project pretty fast. So, I’d like to go a different approach maybe.

Now that Prairie Fire got released, I got some more free time lately. Maybe I can dig back into it and get some of that lost realistic approach back into it.

My personal problem is digging back into the situation in and around JSRS and how it’s currently working. At this point, making a new sound mod from scratch is far more simple, and less time consuming. The base mod is always the same and fairly simple to set up.

Maybe you guys have some wishes that we could focus on and have another JSRS beta going that we can experiment with.

Thanks,

LJ

I definitely feel you. FOA/AISS are no where near as big as JSRS sound mod. I can tell you. I get burned out just thinking of pulling that old mod apart and making it work again. So, I started over with a very simple mod called pinned. Over time this may grow to be as big as My other mods. But I kind of like the ole motto Keep it simple stupid. Start small and slow. Take your time so you can enjoy it. Modding shouldn't be boring work. As we all do this because we enjoy it. So lets try to stay focused on the enjoying part. 😉 Other wise we will suffer the effects of our old pal burn out. 😄 Anyways incase you cant noticed. I'm excited to see you're back. 😉