31 minutes ago, gatordev said:

Honestly, I never really got that to work correctly in the past anyway, so I'm fine with one big addon.  When I have tried to disable something, it usually ends up giving me errors in the editor.

I can't play Arma without your mod, so it's always good to hear you're continuing to support and upgrade it!

Yeah, about that. You might run into a lot of these issues with saved missions once the mod updates. Because of having one config file, all the others will vanish, obviously. So as their class names. For example: JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Air_Vehicles, JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Environment, JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Movement, JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Soniccracks and JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Weapons and a more will all be packed to one JSRS_Souncmod_Configuration.

So, missions saved with the current JSRS verion might cause an dependency in your mission file from one of these CFG files. And these wont exist after the update.... so, you see where we are going? 😛 I can make a Dependency Fix Mod after the update for this case maybe!

long awaited update as always this is awesomeness just one thing i hope to be reversed to the previous  one is the fire sound of the m16s and m4s ( all of them ) i really loved the previous shot sound of m16 and m4 but the new one doesn't seems okay other than that everything sounds amazing thank you LJ for you hard work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I wasn't aware there was an JSRS Compat mod for Unsung?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1817844401

33 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Yeah, about that. You might run into a lot of these issues with saved missions once the mod updates. Because of having one config file, all the others will vanish, obviously. So as their class names. For example: JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Air_Vehicles, JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Environment, JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Movement, JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Soniccracks and JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Weapons and a more will all be packed to one JSRS_Souncmod_Configuration.

So, missions saved with the current JSRS verion might cause an dependency in your mission file from one of these CFG files. And these wont exist after the update.... so, you see where we are going? 😛 I can make a Dependency Fix Mod after the update for this case maybe!

class CfgPatches
{
	class JSRS_Soundmod_Configuration
	{
		requiredVersion = 1.60;
		requiredAddons[] = {};
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
	};
	class JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Weapons
	{
		// Use meta information from specified addon. Used to avoid repeated declarations.
		addonRootClass = "JSRS_Soundmod_Configuration";
		requiredVersion = 1.60;
		requiredAddons[] = {"JSRS_Soundmod_Configuration"}; // Probably not needed :P
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
	};
};

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgPatches#Sub-folders

• Like 1

@LordJarhead 

Tell me please, can a your player turn off specific sound from JSRS selectively?

I remember the old versions of your mod, before it was modular,  each weapon sound could be turned off,  because every weapon was in the personal folder.

But now you have combined weapon into separate folders, unfortunately,  this deprives the player of choice.

Maybe the player can turn off some sounds? For example, if player want leave all carabines and turn off all pistols?

Or if a player wants to disable a specific carbine?

This is possible or not?

6 hours ago, Dahlgren said:

Fantastic, really looking forward to this change! Making a mental note to update my JSRS compat stuff for SFP and Unsung once this is released.

Don't forget the FFP compat! 😛

thanks for the update o7

noticed a crash dunno if its caused by jsrs, was playing warlords on livonia only with jsrs enabled

last part of rdp before crash:

0xC0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

6:13:06 unable to get word:'laserdesignator' in protocol:'radioprotocolrus'
6:13:16 Sound: Error: File: .ogg not found !!!

8 hours ago, mickeymen said:

@LordJarhead 

Tell me please, can a your player turn off specific sound from JSRS selectively?

I remember the old versions of your mod, before it was modular,  each weapon sound could be turned off,  because every weapon was in the personal folder.

But now you have combined weapon into separate folders, unfortunately,  this deprives the player of choice.

Maybe the player can turn off some sounds? For example, if player want leave all carabines and turn off all pistols?

Or if a player wants to disable a specific carbine?

This is possible or not?

No this is really not where I want to go. It takes way to much effort and time. And it will only cause more and more issues. It was not good back in Arma2 when I did that and it won't be any good today. Sry. 

15 minutes ago, yxman said:

thanks for the update o7

noticed a crash dunno if its caused by jsrs, was playing warlords on livonia only with jsrs enabled

last part of rdp before crash:

0xC0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

6:13:06 unable to get word:'laserdesignator' in protocol:'radioprotocolrus'
6:13:16 Sound: Error: File: .ogg not found !!!

Here is an issue from the feedback tracker:

Here is a reddit thread where a user was dealing with the similar issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/armadev/comments/3yg2i2/arma_3_unusual_exit_code_0x0000409c_status_stack/

Might be worth checking it out and giving it a shot
tl;dr version
Backup and clear %localappdata%\Arma 3\ and Documents\Arma 3
Reinstall the game completely

Not sure if that's any sort of help but I doubt JSRS might be the reason... 

Hope that helps, 

LJ 

12 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

I can make a Dependency Fix Mod after the update for this case maybe! 

Yes that would be nice.
I already made my own dependency fix mod for my unit in the past for several other mods. There are probably 50+ CfgPatches classes in that one pbo 😄

12 hours ago, Dahlgren said:

// Use meta information from specified addon. Used to avoid repeated declarations.

addonRootClass = "JSRS_Soundmod_Configuration";

You can probably also just use inheritance if you want to copy stuff like author?

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

You can probably also just use inheritance if you want to copy stuff like author?

Should be possible yes. You can even avoid the JSRS_Soundmod_Configuration dependency by declaring some default Arma 3 cfgPatches like a3_data_f or a3_sounds_f as addonRootClass for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahlgren said:

Should be possible yes. You can even avoid the JSRS_Soundmod_Configuration dependency by declaring some default Arma 3 cfgPatches like a3_data_f or a3_sounds_f as addonRootClass for it.

Oh really? That would prevent that? Not sure whats the downside of it. I'm wondering if that would have an impact on the mod by inheriting something wrong...

class jsrs_soundmod_complete_edition
	{
		units[] = { };
		weapons[] = { };
		addonRootClass = "a3_sounds_f";
		requiredVersion = 1.60;
		requiredaddons[] = {"a3_sounds_f","a3_weapons_f"};
		version = "1";
		projectname = "JSRS Soundmod - Complete Edition";
		author = "LordJarhead";
	};

LJ

Hello,

I've updated my mod with the discussed changes. Especially the merging of all single pbo into one big compact file has work out great. I was able to minimize the issues I had before. The versioning is called CE.xx.xxxx from now on. CE is for Complete Edition.

After fixing some issues and maintaining the normal stuff I also updated CUP and RHS mods support to work as intended. Especially the RHS stuff was a bit tricky this time and I had to cut a few things out of the loop in order for it to work flawless.

Another thing is the NiArms and SMA support I had before, I deleted these to timely reasons. Especially NiArms was a mess after my JSRS update and I couldn't really find back into it for now.

JSRS Soundmod - CE.19.0819 Changes:

Updated the modification to a complete file instead of its modularity. Hence the CE in the versioning for "Complete Edition".

Tweaks:
- New explosion sounds and minor changes
- New Distance sounds and weapon effects got slightly tweaked
- New movement volumes and changes to the behavior
- Massive merging of several sound sets to reduce the stress during the game
- Multiple tweaks around the mods structure in order to work more fluid

Additions:
- Added several new weapon sounds in order to support other mods (RHS, CUP)

Cuts:
- Due to time reasons I cutted SMA and NiArms out of my loop for now. They caused way too many issues and I couldn't find the time to fix it, so I delete them for now

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

On my opinion sounds fireds RHS became too dry. Also regret that you removed sounds SMA and NiArms.

• Like 2

@LordJarhead Thank you for your immense amount of work on this sound mod - it's a fantastic change over the base game sounds.

Anyone else noticed a significant frame drop with the latest version of JSRS?

A test with no other items on the map with and without JSRS seems to cause a 5-10fps drop for me. 

I've not done this test with the previous version of JSRS but all my group do seem to have noticed a drop since the latest version released so I thought it would be worth testing.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, WAR326 said:

On my opinion sounds fireds RHS became too dry. Also regret that you removed sounds SMA and NiArms.

Seems to me, at the fire from first person view all JSRS sounds are too dry :( I think the author of the mod was carried away by this in recent versions. For the first time, I see some vanilla sounds sound better!
I loved this mod so much, but now I'm disappointed in this (I speak about only primary hand weapons)... 

@LordJarhead!

Thank you so much for the many years of your work, but it seems to me that you is too keen on sharpen/dry sounds.

My easiest test to check it:

1. Place two opposing squads on the map and the observer player (civilian)

2. Use spectator option

When the spectator camera is close to the firing soldier, I personally hear a very dry, plastic sound. The same thing happens when shooting in the first person - the player is only half a meter away from the source of the shooting, as seems to me - This sound is too dry, plastic sound - there are not enough low frequency sounds, no meat! 

But as soon as I move the spectator camera approximately by 10-20-30 meters from this firing soldier, the this fire sound changes to much better,  it becomes more powerful,  fire with low frequencies!

I really like the sound of the distance, why not tell about first-person shooting.

My conclusion is that you do not need to make the sound dry, when the observer of the shot is so close to sound source.

Please, try to make the sound more similar (!by frequencies) to the observer who is at a distance approximately 10-20, i think it will be much better. 

IMHO

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.19.0822:

Tweaks:
- Tweaked volume cutoffs

Fixes:
- Fixed weird attanuation and filter issue causing all sounds to come out way to dry and flat

Additions:
- Preparation for WW2 weapons collection and GM support

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks a lot autor for work over mod. Became better, but  still sounding little dry. Honestly talking me most like sounding JSRS Soundmod - BETA versions 1-3 released summer 2018 year. Can not all new is best?

On 8/21/2019 at 12:40 AM, Dahlgren said:

I've updated my compat mods to the new config format

@Dahlgren

It seems like the FFP: JSRS Sounds mod breaks the Rk 95 TP rifle in the FFP mod. More testing is required, but for me atleast loading the JSRS sounds mod removes the magazine from the weapon. No compatible magazines can be loaded in the arsenal.

This is fixed when i remove the FFP : JSRS Sounds mod. Just FYI here. Maybe someone else can confirm. Not sure how to highlight the author.

Greets.

13 hours ago, nillie said:

@Dahlgren

It seems like the FFP: JSRS Sounds mod breaks the Rk 95 TP rifle in the FFP mod. More testing is required, but for me atleast loading the JSRS sounds mod removes the magazine from the weapon. No compatible magazines can be loaded in the arsenal.

This is fixed when i remove the FFP : JSRS Sounds mod. Just FYI here. Maybe someone else can confirm. Not sure how to highlight the author.

Greets.

FFP team made a breaking change in how Rk rifles were defined. It's been resolved now.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, WAR326 said:

On 8/22/2019 at 2:20 AM, mickeymen said:

Seems to me, at the fire from first person view all JSRS sounds are too dry :( I think the author of the mod was carried away by this in recent versions. For the first time, I see some vanilla sounds sound better!
I loved this mod so much, but now I'm disappointed in this (I speak about only primary hand weapons)... 

@LordJarhead!

Thank you so much for the many years of your work, but it seems to me that you is too keen on sharpen/dry sounds.

My easiest test to check it:

1. Place two opposing squads on the map and the observer player (civilian)

2. Use spectator option

When the spectator camera is close to the firing soldier, I personally hear a very dry, plastic sound. The same thing happens when shooting in the first person - the player is only half a meter away from the source of the shooting, as seems to me - This sound is too dry, plastic sound - there are not enough low frequency sounds, no meat! 

But as soon as I move the spectator camera approximately by 10-20-30 meters from this firing soldier, the this fire sound changes to much better,  it becomes more powerful,  fire with low frequencies!

I really like the sound of the distance, why not tell about first-person shooting.

My conclusion is that you do not need to make the sound dry, when the observer of the shot is so close to sound source.

Please, try to make the sound more similar (!by frequencies) to the observer who is at a distance approximately 10-20, i think it will be much better. 

IMHO

@LordJarhead Sorry, Sorry, Sorry!

I apologize for misinformation!

As it turned out, my equalizer settings had a preset - "powerfull", when I rolled it back to "default" I felt a completely different sound, it does not sound dry!

Oddly enough, the "default" sound settings gave me a more powerful effect!  I'll recognize my favorite mod again, Yes! 

So for every JSRS user! -  it’s very important what settings your sound-card has!

You may forget that once, a few months ago you changed your sound settings and now the sound will be distorted!

@WAR326 check it on your computer, most likely the solution is there

Are these settings: subbuffer, сenter, side pair, rear pair, low-frequency control connection. On or off? You need to check how it will be better for your personal perception.

I advise everyone to experiment with these checkboxes and find the best sound for yourself - 

PS: I can make an important conclusion - sometimes JSRS is not what it might seem!

Hello listeners,

I have update JSRS and released the JSRS SOUNDMOD - CE.19.0829 IFA3 AIO Mod Sound Support!

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.19.0829:
Tweaks:

- Tweaked whole configuration structure
- Tweaked many soundsets and shaders to rather inherit controllers instead of creating new ones constantly
- Tweaked multiple volumes and distances
Fixes:
- Fixed some ram leaking problems
- Fixed some performance and fps drop offs
Additions:
- Further improved WW2 weapon sounds for IFA3 and FOW and prepared for first release of JSRS SOUNDMOD - CE.19.0829 IFA3 AIO Mod Sound Support

Have fun!

LJ

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

'def "looking"😵... to hear your IF tweaks.

Thanks for continuing to support this mod !

@LordJarhead

I updated your mod, and now I can not play DLC Contact. When loading a mission, I see a message:

You cannot play this task because it depends on the downloaded content that has been deleted:

jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment,

jsrs_soundmod_snd_land_vehicles,

jsrs_soundmod_snd_land_movement,

jsrs_soundmod_snd_land_warfare,

jsrs_soundmod_snd_land_weapons,

I tried Dependency Fixes mod, but not result!  

How do I play Contact?