1 hour ago, LordJarhead said:

Building destruction sounds are kinda troubling me right now

LJ

Lol! You remember it so far! I have not reported this for a long time. Thank you for remembering me and my requests )

1 hour ago, LordJarhead said:

I have to admit I was a little impressed with the soundscape from the game Squad

LJ

I'm also impressed by the sound of this game. As seems to me, the soundscape in this game is better than the game itself 

24 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

Lol! You remember it so far! I have not reported this for a long time. Thank you for remembering me and my requests )

Yeah as I said I always read posts here. I just don't find the time to always answer ;)

LJ

3 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

I might consider different weapon mods to be covered as well once I have JSRS kinda running smooth and when I know where to go with my latest style changes. ;)

Yeah definitely agree with you there, better to sort out what you want with the main mod first. Was just curious if it was on your plate as I was intrigued to how you would tackle WWII.

Seconding the Squad soundscape. I always love playing that game just for the sounds (I'd love to see what arma could be like on that engine) but back on point. The whiz's and cracks in that seem to be just at the right level of holy shit where did that come from / this is glorious. And they're not to over the top to block everything out. As well as the mortar hits and vehicle explosions Really enjoy the pops of the M4's as well for some reason. 

It's a constant swap between JSRS and Squad for my soundgasms. 

But I do appreciate the amount of work you've put into this. Been using it since A2 1.5. Thanks for all your dedication as frustrating as it can be. 

• Like 1

On 06.07.2017 at 1:23 AM, mickeymen said:

First Impression 5.17.0705 - Nice Release!  @LordJarhead!  Thank you very Much!

I think this is the most powerful version in its sound

LJ I continue to enjoy new version of JSRS. This is a holiday for my ears and fear at the same time. I say fear, because when I'm under close fire, it makes me afraid. The new version reminds me of the early versions of JSRS (when I first time heard your mod) on the power of sound. Powerful version, sonic cracks sound nice, bullets whistles sound much better than in the previous version

On 6.7.2017 at 1:49 PM, Unleashthepain said:

Yeah definitely agree with you there, better to sort out what you want with the main mod first. Was just curious if it was on your plate as I was intrigued to how you would tackle WWII.

Seconding the Squad soundscape. I always love playing that game just for the sounds (I'd love to see what arma could be like on that engine) but back on point. The whiz's and cracks in that seem to be just at the right level of holy shit where did that come from / this is glorious. And they're not to over the top to block everything out. As well as the mortar hits and vehicle explosions Really enjoy the pops of the M4's as well for some reason. 

It's a constant swap between JSRS and Squad for my soundgasms. 

But I do appreciate the amount of work you've put into this. Been using it since A2 1.5. Thanks for all your dedication as frustrating as it can be. 

ArmA on an unreal engine would be cool actually. Not sure if it would work as ArmA is rather big and intesive when it comes to calculating AI. Well one day maybe hehe

I'm currently working on the weapon sounds for distances. Maybe adding a little more pops and such for more indication of position and such.

LJ

• Like 2

Where do the Server Side Files from @JSRS SOUNDMOD - Additional Weapon Handling and Reloading Sounds get placed on the server? I'm assuming that they are needed to correct these:

23:54:03 Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_p_weaponsounds\reload\4-five45_reload.ogg not found !!!

Thanks for these mods.  They sound great.

Actually to prevent these issues no client should use the Weapon Handling and Reloading sounds. That's why there is a second bikey to separate and outsource clients that use these sounds.

On the other hand I think there is a missing cfg file I can add in the next update, so these problems should be gone. But I can't say for sure...

I'll try a few things.

LJ

5 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Actually to prevent these issues no client should use the Weapon Handling and Reloading sounds. That's why there is a second bikey to separate and outsource clients that use these sounds.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that the only way to currently prevent these errors is to not use the Weapon Handling and Reloading sounds?

4 minutes ago, TroyT said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that the only way to currently prevent these errors is to not use the Weapon Handling and Reloading sounds?

Yes, it's a network broadcasting issue by the game itself.

LJ

I'm getting this error when play the game

52.jpg

Edited by leonstk
wrong picture size

Hello everyone,

I've been away for quiet some time by now after I had to take a break because of health. I'll try to head back on track as soon as possible and will, hopefully, be back by the next week or so. I've added a short Promo Sound files to my website so you can take a listen to where the new updates are heading right now: JSRS Soundmod Promo

Also visit my website for more informations around JSRS and JSRS-Studios.

Thanks everyone!

LJ

• Like 7

hope you're ok now? please don't overdo it and get all rest necessary. Don't worry about us...the mod is great! :) :don11:

Health is something many of us take for granted but no-one of us should. It's only a thin thread. Take care and get well soon.

Hope you're felling better LJ. Your health is the single most important thing in life to take care of so just take it easy and work on your superb mod when you can. 

After my disappearance for quiet a while I was able to craft a few things together and make a little update addressing some issues and adding multiple tweaks and additions. Hope you enjoy this update!

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0804 Changes:

Additions:

- Added New MG Chain/Belt noises when firing Mashine guns

Tweaks:

- Tweaked MX Rifle family sounds
- Tweaked Explosion distance "cracking" sound
- Tweaked Shortend distances for weapon firing sounds
- Tweaked Closure sound effects (Preshot sound)
- Tweaked Quadbike ATV High Off sound samples to be a loop
- Tweaked Quadbike ATV config
- Tweaked Volume of distance tails in 'houses' and 'forest' areas were too loud
- Tweaked Added volume curves to multiple shaders that got cut by range only
- Tweaked Close Soniccracks have no volume curve
- Tweaked Soniccracks within 25 meters spatialized

Fixes:

- Fixed Some explosions had a wrong numbering in the cfg
- Fixed Wrong entry in range target for SD Interior sounds
- Fixed Multiple conflicting Addons due to compression

JSRS Soundmod RHS - 5.17.0805 Changes:

Tweaks:

- Tweaked AK74, AK74U and AK100 Series using different closure effect now
- Tweaked M249, M4 and M240 firing sounds

Fixes:

- Fixed Missing AK100 series Burst firing sound
- Fixed Missing AK100 series Silenced firing sound
- Fixed Multiple "Missing ';' at the end of line" RPT's

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 11

Is anybody else getting the error "Config: array does not have 2 entries" with version 5.17.0804.1

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

does anybody else getting the error "Config: array does not have 2 entries" with version 5.17.0804.1

What mods are you running?

26 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

does anybody else getting the error "Config: array does not have 2 entries" with version 5.17.0804.1

Funny you should mention that. I had the same thing, but thought it was just ArmA being ArmA since I haven't played in awhile. It's quite vague, so I have noooooo idea what could be. But since you mentioned it, I'm wondering if something got missed with the update, because JSRS was the only thing that updated from the Workshop as far as I can recall.

58 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Yes I am getting the same error message too. I reverted back to a previous version of JSRS and don't get the error message so its definatly something wrong with the new version.

It's weird as I cannot reproduce the issue. I'll have a look into it by monday I hope as I'm away for the weekend. Please stay patient, I'll get this one fixed.

Maybe someone can support me, anyone having this issue can maybe look up his RPT log file and see if a certain config is named? A config file should be named or addressed.

Thanks,

LJ