Dude, that's awesome. Thanks for the update!

Thanks a lot for your work and dedication LJ. All seem to be nice changes and tweaks.

Will try them ASAP, as for now my little playtime is literally eaten by DoW3 (great game btw).

Just to be sure (i saw the credits in a recent sitrep about Jets DLC), i'm not mistaken when thinking that you (and some others) are working in partnership with Bohemia and the team behind the new Jets DLC? If so, that's a deserved reward for you, but also for us. I'm sure you'll get the best from the new sound mechanisms about the jets.

Thanks again.

Dear Lord, that's really a great release!

The grenade explosions with shrapnel and debris clickering around - superb!

Just one tiny detail is a little bit 'off':

First person footsteps in buildings give the impression your soldier is wearing high heels.  ;-)

Downloading, always keen on testing JSRS after playing with vanilla sounds for a while.

Also there's someone on steam who has the apex version from JSRS on the workshop, maybe he has LJs permission or not.

Posted it just in case.

Cheers

17 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Downloading, always keen on testing JSRS after playing with vanilla sounds for a while.

Also there's someone on steam who has the apex version from JSRS on the workshop, maybe he has LJs permission or not.

Posted it just in case.

Cheers

Likely a no, as there is no information in description to say permission has been given.

• Like 1

JSRS Soundmod Update - 5.17.0504

Changes:

Fixes:

- Fixed Conflicting addon JSRS_SOUNDMOD_Air_Weapons in 'jsrs_soundmod_w_h_air_weapons
- Fixed Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_p_vehicleweaponsounds\dist_shot\cannon\dist_shot1 XXX.ogg not found !!!
- Fixed There was a time between 6 and 10 oclock when the animal where quiet

Additions:

- Added New distant vehicle weapon sounds
- Added A new pool of sounds for far away vehicle weapon sounds
- Added New Hitsounds for bigger bullets like 20 - 40mm Rounds

Tweaks:

- Tweaked Distances of vehicle weapon sounds
- Tweaked Bullethits and hits inside a vehicle sounds got increased

LJ

• Like 5

@foxhound thanks the frequently update mate :)

Any sort of detailed feedback from you guys? I'd like to know what you think about the new distant firefights. 

LJ

6 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

@foxhound thanks the frequently update mate :)

Any sort of detailed feedback from you guys? I'd like to know what you think about the new distant firefights. 

LJ

Thanks LJ, the best soundmod just keeps getting better.

I've put in a few hours, can't really speak to all your changes, but here's what I've noticed:

Distant firefights are epic!

New wildlife sounds are really impressive, especially the night noises (frogs?)

I agree with oldy41 the indoor footsteps sound like high heels, they are very out of place with the rest of your excellent movement noises.

Keep up the awesome work!

• Like 1

Only had one hour or two in order to try the new version, so i probably missed many details, but for the biggest impressions :

- Indoor steps seem a bit too pronounced i agree. Not by the volume by itself, but rather by the effect. Tac shoes sound a bit like metallic heels. It fits well with metallic surfaces of course, but sounds kinda strange on stone or tiled floors.

- The new gunshots, the additional effects you added and maybe the sound propagation effects are packing an awesome punch. Love all of them, and their volumes as well. In fact, those last ones fit very well with the "general volume" of ambient sounds and gunfights. The global immersion is better, thicker in my opinion.

It is also certainly tied to the environmental system you also applied to stratis and altis.

- From what i heard, distant canon/explosion/gunshot propagation and echo effects are awesome. Plain, loud, neat.

At first i was surprised that even the gunshots from your teammates that are at relatively close distance, between 0 and 100 meters from the player so to say, had such a volume level and loud propagation effect, but it's very nice. CQB engagements are punchy as hell, but it fits well with both your own gunshots, the enemy ones and here again, maybe this general volume raising you applied to the mod, at least for all that is gunshots/echoes/distant gunshots and explosions. Personally i think that it's even better as it is, compared to the previous version. Now the weapons have a special tone (MXs and SPARs are really different now for example), recognizable, bigger calibers and sniper rifles finally recovered this special punch and echo they had in a previous version (2.5 maybe, not sure).

Just a thing, when a building or a scenery element takes an explosion or collapses, you sometimes hear the debris too early, that's not really consecutively. It's as if the debris and the explosion sounds were triggered at the same time. 

- So many tiny improvements, on volumes, new sound additions it seems...for the weapons, the bullets hits/snaps, the gear or environment effects that seem really nice but just noticed "on the fly".

- No errors or weird thing noticed. Will make some more tests in the coming days.

From my point of view, that's another notable step ahead. That's not too loud, that's not too punchy. That's great in terms of immersion. Hope you prepare something really special for the jets... :)

Thanks for your hard work.

Once again a beautifully rich tapestry of sound, in particular the new environmental system especially on Altis is just fantastic.

A little feedback:

Treating wounds while in third person are very quiet, almost silent, they do however sound perfect in first person.

Rain sounds in general are a little to loud, for example when rain and overcast are set to maximum it's difficult to hear anything other than rain. 

(I'm not technically minded so bear with me here).....the transition from outdoor to indoor while it's raining could use a little smoothing out, the rain volume seems to drop in a couple of stages, when you initially enter a building the rain volume lowers, then there is around a 3 to 4 second delay before the volume drops a second time, it's this second volume drop that sounds a little abrupt...... 

I guess this could be construed as ridiculous nit-picking, but you did ask for some detailed feedback. 

But overall, another superb chapter in the JSRS annals. :thanx:

Ok so I got:

Wound treatment 

Building collapse sound has to timing

High heels sound ( I can agree on that!)

Rain sounds too loud 

Rain sound interior and exterior transition 

LJ

Ps: Anything from you @mickeymen? Not that you feel left out again ;)

• Like 2

On 6.5.2017 at 8:11 PM, Evil Organ said:

Once again a beautifully rich tapestry of sound, in particular the new environmental system especially on Altis is just fantastic.

A little feedback:

Treating wounds while in third person are very quiet, almost silent, they do however sound perfect in first person.

Rain sounds in general are a little to loud, for example when rain and overcast are set to maximum it's difficult to hear anything other than rain. 

(I'm not technically minded so bear with me here).....the transition from outdoor to indoor while it's raining could use a little smoothing out, the rain volume seems to drop in a couple of stages, when you initially enter a building the rain volume lowers, then there is around a 3 to 4 second delay before the volume drops a second time, it's this second volume drop that sounds a little abrupt...... 

I guess this could be construed as ridiculous nit-picking, but you did ask for some detailed feedback. 

But overall, another superb chapter in the JSRS annals. :thanx:

The second time the sounds drops is an engine problem by BI and does not really came from JSRS I'm afraid :(

LJ

• Like 1

having some water pistol sound effect when I use TMT mod (soldiers and their weapons are from there). Opfor mod has ok sound.

Jarhead one worrying thing I have noticed with your new release after playing it a bit more: it has rendered the ambient environment almost completely silent on maps apart from Tanoa and Altis/Stratis, particularly those that need CUP. There are no chirping birds, insect noises etc. There's a distant bell-like bird noise and that's it. Some config conflict issue I guess. If I disable jsrs_soundmod_c_environment.pbo then the problem goes away (but so do your awesome environment sounds).

I know you don't necessarily design your mod to work with 3rd party mods, but I wonder if it's possible to work it so that it is not inadvertently downgrading the sound experience on 3rd party maps.  

Thanks in advance LJ.

Wound treatment could be louder. That's what I've noticed too. If you play Pvp, you can't hear the enemy reviving another guy.

I'll increase volume and distance a little further to make it fair.

LJ

2 hours ago, MrFies said:

Is the Mod compatible with  A3 1.70 ? 

Yes it should be!

LJ

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0517 Changes:

Additions:

- Added New Footstep sounds for various surfaces like dry and tall grass, forest and concrete
- Added New windy noises to bushes and trees

Tweaks:

- Tweaked Mutliple foley volumes for harder and softer surface reflections
- Tweaked Mods Logo/loading hint
- Tweaked Added big calibre bullets to the bullethit sound cfg

LJ

• Like 7

Hello, 

Is the Soundmod compatible with RHS  Weapons and Vehicles ?