11 hours ago, sargken said:

LJ an idea for you is to move your APEX sounds to a separate mod and just name it JSRS: APEX Extension so it can just be loaded through workshop and don't have to do it manually. 

this, would be great.

problem with modifying workshop content (dir) is that if you copy/delete stuff inside that mod, every time workshop updates occur the changes will be reverted.

example: shacktac user interface, delete the stamina bar (pbo) from steamworkshop folder, next update it will be restored and ugly bar is there back again.

2 hours ago, yxman said:

this, would be great. problem with modifying workshop content is that if you copy/delete stuff inside that mod, every time workshop updates occur the changes will be reverted.

example: shacktac user interface, delete the stamina bar (pbo) from steamworkshop folder, next update it will be restored and ugly bar is there back again.

Yes but what I'm saying is split the 2 mods so you won't have to move folders or files if you have apex then you subscribe to both mods. If not just subscribe to the one.

you misunderstood me, your idea is perfect. talked about JSRS solution with those extra pbo dir.

Hi LJ,
While using your mod, i found problem with GM Lynx and M320 rifles - they are going full-auto, shooting as fast as you're squeezing the trigger.
I'm happy, your great mod is finally on workshop :) Keep up good work!

Well, a bit of humble feedback after some test sessions and missions : With headphones, all in-game levels maxed, windows general volume at a "normal+" 30% setting. All optional sounds, reloading and APEX ones, enabled.

To my taste, this is by far your best JSRS iteration.

- The environments are alive : The samples are diversified and the volume levels are very satisfying. Wind, Birds, insects, day, night, heavy weather...Special mention for the Tanoan jungle ambience. In a word : Great immersive value.

- Your new movement and gear effects are excellent in order to give a good sense of "self awareness" with your character. In 1st person, the 3D effects work very well. The 3rd person sounds are treated a bit differently, the source of those sounds seems more "directional", but it stays coherent, as the camera is placed behind the character. In both cases, to my sense, the volume levels are right where they should be. Not too high, but high enough to "feel" all your movements and how they are tied to the environment. Gameplay-wise, this is a good gameplay feedback for the player, and it favors immersion. Next challenge : Maybe a "holster" sound when switching from main gun to pistol, and the opposite?

- All gunshot and weapon effects are simply very well done. The new MX sounds, the AK12 ones, the grenade launchers or the punchy sniper rifles, the heavy vehicle calibers...awesome. The snaps and cracks stay punchy, but keep a reasonable volume level. Distant gunshots effects are well done and the source of the sound is easy to spot. Though, maybe the bullet impact sounds could use a higher volume. Maybe specially when the bullets are hitting different surfaces near the player when he is shot at. Could you make those impact sounds and the snap sounds having approximately the same volume level? Besides, maybe that those bullet impact sounds could be hearable at a better distance when you shoot at something (rocks, wood or metal particularly). I don't know if you can tweak that a bit with distance values or volume levels.

- Echoes, distant echoes and reverberation effects are very satisfying : They have some nice punch and the volume levels feel right, particularly in enclosed spaces, between houses, when tanks fire their main canon in the open...And overall in the woods/jungle, where the gunfight immersion is incredible. Even the silenced weapons echoes feel right, from my point of view. This being perfectly realistic or not is not the point. They feel "unleashed", and they're just excellent. An observation though : Explosion effects (grenade, vehicle destruction...), their "blast wave" echo effect sometimes feel weaker in widely opened areas, maybe particularly if we compare them with the said forest effects and volumes. At a good distance, but also at short distance. I guess that explosions (close/distant echoes and blast waves) could use some more tweaks till the final version, and that you're still capitalizing and tweaking on what the vanilla engine has offered recently.

- Vehicles sounds are really nice as well. Nothing to say about the ground vehicles, they sound right. Particularly like the pick-up sounds, this kind of V6 or V8 samples are neat. Or the suspension springs that are just awesome. Hearing distances and volumes are nice as well. Just a personal remark : The Quad always sounds as it had an electric engine, and not a fuelled "two-time" or "4-time" engine. Noticed though that some vehicles seem to "occlude" or "obstruct" the bullet hitting sounds too much when you're in : For example, i was shot at with machine guns when being in the IND_F Kamaz, in first person view, and the impacts on the hull, or the windows, were almost inaudible. It also happened when being in armored vehicles and tanks. The same way, i saw a tank coaxial machine gun sending a good burst at a chopper, landed on the ground at maybe 20 or 30 meters from the character. And the impact sounds on its hull were almost inaudible. Here again, maybe the bullet impact sounds could benefit from a better volume level.

- You made some good efforts on choppers : Each one has a particular engine tone...The hearing distances are quite good, about 1500 meters as you said, and they have this kind of "presence" over a zone. Maybe you put some emphasize on distant rotor blades effects, but it works well. With this "RC" version, and compared with your previous video, the volumes are quite satisfying. Though, i always think that close fly-bys and the "engine woosh" effect could be a bit more aggressive. More a personal taste than objective feedback for sure. Just out of curiosity, applying some form of "echo" to chopper engines or rotor blades samples is something feasible?

On the other hand, maybe that the AH-99 and Kaiman 30mm guns could use more punch, definitely a higher volume level and perhaps a stronger echo effect. Particularly at close or mid-distance, and fading a bit beyond that. Otherwise, the rocket and missile launching sounds are a frank success. Can confirm, finally, that the AH-9 Little bird gatling sounds are missing, both in 1st person or 3rd person, or as a spectator

- The plane's interior effects are still excellent, engines, wind, constraints on the hull, weapons...Totally fond of the Turbofan engine samples for the A-16-4. BTW, noticed that the 30mm gun effects for this one are also missing.

Then, to be honest, the exterior effects or engine tones for the planes still need some love. Maybe you're still working on them. Distant engine sounds could use a notable volume overhaul, as well as the fly-by effects. Those effects should tear the air when the jets are passing-by. Well, here again, i'm a bit subjective of course^^. But, in all honesty, that's the sound department where the most could be done, specially in comparison with vanilla sounds. This is one of the last and only JSRS departments where there are some large rooms for improvement i think.

- Last point, no error messages noticed in the editor or in mission, and the mod is very "performance friendly".

All in all, and as said at the beginning, this is to my sense your best JSRS version. It feels "statefull", "liberated", on several aspects. The whole sound treatment you make in the Tanoan jungle particularly (ambience, gunshots, explosions, echoes, volumes, the whole thing), represents, in my humble opinion, a notable milestone ahead in terms of immersion. A pattern to follow and develop. For me, JSRS is always the #1 sound mod out there.

Thanks again to you and the JSRS team, and keep up the great work :)

• Like 4

Hi LordJarhead, Hi All! Today, I can't imagine Arma3 without this mod and I can't play in Arma3 without it. Thank you so much LJ! 

Only a few thoughts on the first test. We have a good upgrade, Today I play (only infantry battle), a new sound of movement, just perfect!  Many new old weapons (not apex weapons) sounds began to sound much better.  New sounds of explosions is fantastic.Especially the far sounds,  It sounds much cooler!
But it seemed to me not everything went smoothly. When I opened the Virtual Arsenal and tests weapons, I noticed that some weapons (especially Apex weapons) are not have enough loud sound in comparison with other weapons. Also there not big mistakes.

My three cents here: 

We have a info about bug, when player start the game,  which is already mentioned on the first page @jeza, can confirm this.

ASP-1 Kir -has problems with shooting. (I have test in Virtual Arsenal) Sometimes this sounds lose its tails.

AKM 7.62 mm - has the lack of volume, as seems to me. It should sound louder, at least for the reason of 7.62.

SPAR-16 5.56 mm (all models!) -  has a very quiet volume. Perhaps you have considered a smaller caliber, but it is very quiet compared to other weapons! 

Machinegun LIM-85 5.56 - has the lack of volume, as seems to me the previous version of JSRS it sounded better.

New Shot from an RPG-42 is a masterpiece, yes, but compared with it a shot from an RPG-7, too flat and quiet .  On the background of the RPG-42, shot from a RPG-7 is more boring (similar to vanilla)

Type 115 (main weapon - 6.5mm) - also too quiet compared to the old weapons (not Apex weapons)

A shot of the Titan launcher - has lost some volume.(versus JSRS 1.2) I think this requires additional volume, more power, more volume. 

JSRS always distinguished by a powerful sound (even if the player uses the supressor). Now Apex Weapons seems unnaturally quiet

2 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Hi LordJarhead...

On 11/02/2017 at 7:24 AM, LordJarhead said:

Don't forget you have to activate the Apex content! It's separated in the "Extra" folder and need to be applied manually. Thats why there is no Apex weapon sounds in your video!

LJ

13 hours ago, Megiddo said:

Well, a bit of humble feedback after some test sessions and missions : With headphones, all in-game levels maxed, windows general volume at a "normal+" 30% setting. All optional sounds, reloading and APEX ones, enabled.

To my taste, this is by far your best JSRS iteration.

- The environments are alive : The samples are diversified and the volume levels are very satisfying. Wind, Birds, insects, day, night, heavy weather...Special mention for the Tanoan jungle ambience. In a word : Great immersive value.

- Your new movement and gear effects are excellent in order to give a good sense of "self awareness" with your character. In 1st person, the 3D effects work very well. The 3rd person sounds are treated a bit differently, the source of those sounds seems more "directional", but it stays coherent, as the camera is placed behind the character. In both cases, to my sense, the volume levels are right where they should be. Not too high, but high enough to "feel" all your movements and how they are tied to the environment. Gameplay-wise, this is a good gameplay feedback for the player, and it favors immersion. Next challenge : Maybe a "holster" sound when switching from main gun to pistol, and the opposite?

- All gunshot and weapon effects are simply very well done. The new MX sounds, the AK12 ones, the grenade launchers or the punchy sniper rifles, the heavy vehicle calibers...awesome. The snaps and cracks stay punchy, but keep a reasonable volume level. Distant gunshots effects are well done and the source of the sound is easy to spot. Though, maybe the bullet impact sounds could use a higher volume. Maybe specially when the bullets are hitting different surfaces near the player when he is shot at. Could you make those impact sounds and the snap sounds having approximately the same volume level? Besides, maybe that those bullet impact sounds could be hearable at a better distance when you shoot at something (rocks, wood or metal particularly). I don't know if you can tweak that a bit with distance values or volume levels.

- Echoes, distant echoes and reverberation effects are very satisfying : They have some nice punch and the volume levels feel right, particularly in enclosed spaces, between houses, when tanks fire their main canon in the open...And overall in the woods/jungle, where the gunfight immersion is incredible. Even the silenced weapons echoes feel right, from my point of view. This being perfectly realistic or not is not the point. They feel "unleashed", and they're just excellent. An observation though : Explosion effects (grenade, vehicle destruction...), their "blast wave" echo effect sometimes feel weaker in widely opened areas, maybe particularly if we compare them with the said forest effects and volumes. At a good distance, but also at short distance. I guess that explosions (close/distant echoes and blast waves) could use some more tweaks till the final version, and that you're still capitalizing and tweaking on what the vanilla engine has offered recently.

- Vehicles sounds are really nice as well. Nothing to say about the ground vehicles, they sound right. Particularly like the pick-up sounds, this kind of V6 or V8 samples are neat. Or the suspension springs that are just awesome. Hearing distances and volumes are nice as well. Just a personal remark : The Quad always sounds as it had an electric engine, and not a fuelled "two-time" or "4-time" engine. Noticed though that some vehicles seem to "occlude" or "obstruct" the bullet hitting sounds too much when you're in : For example, i was shot at with machine guns when being in the IND_F Kamaz, in first person view, and the impacts on the hull, or the windows, were almost inaudible. It also happened when being in armored vehicles and tanks. The same way, i saw a tank coaxial machine gun sending a good burst at a chopper, landed on the ground at maybe 20 or 30 meters from the character. And the impact sounds on its hull were almost inaudible. Here again, maybe the bullet impact sounds could benefit from a better volume level.

- You made some good efforts on choppers : Each one has a particular engine tone...The hearing distances are quite good, about 1500 meters as you said, and they have this kind of "presence" over a zone. Maybe you put some emphasize on distant rotor blades effects, but it works well. With this "RC" version, and compared with your previous video, the volumes are quite satisfying. Though, i always think that close fly-bys and the "engine woosh" effect could be a bit more aggressive. More a personal taste than objective feedback for sure. Just out of curiosity, applying some form of "echo" to chopper engines or rotor blades samples is something feasible?

On the other hand, maybe that the AH-99 and Kaiman 30mm guns could use more punch, definitely a higher volume level and perhaps a stronger echo effect. Particularly at close or mid-distance, and fading a bit beyond that. Otherwise, the rocket and missile launching sounds are a frank success. Can confirm, finally, that the AH-9 Little bird gatling sounds are missing, both in 1st person or 3rd person, or as a spectator

- The plane's interior effects are still excellent, engines, wind, constraints on the hull, weapons...Totally fond of the Turbofan engine samples for the A-16-4. BTW, noticed that the 30mm gun effects for this one are also missing.

Then, to be honest, the exterior effects or engine tones for the planes still need some love. Maybe you're still working on them. Distant engine sounds could use a notable volume overhaul, as well as the fly-by effects. Those effects should tear the air when the jets are passing-by. Well, here again, i'm a bit subjective of course^^. But, in all honesty, that's the sound department where the most could be done, specially in comparison with vanilla sounds. This is one of the last and only JSRS departments where there are some large rooms for improvement i think.

- Last point, no error messages noticed in the editor or in mission, and the mod is very "performance friendly".

All in all, and as said at the beginning, this is to my sense your best JSRS version. It feels "statefull", "liberated", on several aspects. The whole sound treatment you make in the Tanoan jungle particularly (ambience, gunshots, explosions, echoes, volumes, the whole thing), represents, in my humble opinion, a notable milestone ahead in terms of immersion. A pattern to follow and develop. For me, JSRS is always the #1 sound mod out there.

Thanks again to you and the JSRS team, and keep up the great work :)

Thank you for your very detailed feedback. On fact I was actually waiting for it, at least I hoped you'd find the time to do so, so thanks!

I'll take all constructive suggestions and aspects of your feedback on consideration. Many things are still troubling and need fixes. Many weapins, especially gatling weapons aren't working corectly right now. And I'll make another modupload to cover the APEX content. And maybe one optional mod for the reloading and handling sounds of weapons so they are separated as well.

Tho I'm wondering what will happen if someone who does not have the APEX dlc and still loads the full mod. Because not everyone has the helicopter dlc and still no errors occur. 

Thanks for all the feedback guys, please keep posting your actual feedback. Spent a few minutes to write something and don't just click that stupid "like" button :)

Thanks,

LJ

7 hours ago, omL said:

Don't forget you have to activate the Apex content! It's separated in the "Extra" folder and need to be applied manually. Thats why there is no Apex weapon sounds in your video!

Thank you, I will try

LJ,

one question. Your mod is only affecting the vanilla and apex content or also other mods automatically (i.e. RHS, Project Opfort etc.)?

2 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

LJ,

one question. Your mod is only affecting the vanilla and apex content or also other mods automatically (i.e. RHS, Project Opfort etc.)?

Only vanilla + Apex

14 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Tho I'm wondering what will happen if someone who does not have the APEX dlc and still loads the full mod. Because not everyone has the helicopter dlc and still no errors occur. 

Marksman and Helicopter DLC files are in the base game, as is APEX. It just that the content is restricted to those that have bought etc. So it should be fine.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, omL said:

Small questions:

The sounds in the Extra folder are additional folders. Folders - ADR-97 Weapon Pack Official Mod Sounds, APEX Content, Weapon Reloading and Handling Sounds.

I'm not sure that I understood everything correctly.

To correct work, this each folders must be connected as a separate mod or is it possible to combine them?

11 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

Only vanilla + Apex

:(((
Poor players who are using modded stuff then

22 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

:(((
Poor players who are using modded stuff then

JSRS has always been Vanilla Content, trying to make a sound mod support mods is normally quite complex as mods will sometimes use their own sounds. 

• Like 1

The sounds in the Jungle, man It's simply fucking awesme.

I have a 10 hour Jungle sounds mp3 that I put on at night to sleep when I'm at work, as it sounds quite close to home, and this just nails it too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mickeymen said:

Small questions:

The sounds in the Extra folder are additional folders. Folders - ADR-97 Weapon Pack Official Mod Sounds, APEX Content, Weapon Reloading and Handling Sounds.

I'm not sure that I understood everything correctly.

To correct work, this each folders must be connected as a separate mod or is it possible to combine them?

If you're playing in single player :

- If you have the ADR-97 weapon pack, just copy what is in the Extra/ADR-97 Weapon Pack Official Mod Sounds and paste it in the main @JSRS SOUNDMOD/AddOns folder.

- If you have the APEX expansion, just copy what is in the Extra/APEX Content and paste it in the main @JSRS SOUNDMOD/AddOns folder.

- The same for the reloading and handling sounds if you're playing single player and don't use servers, otherwise it could cause issues.

Noticed two more things :

- As it was said, the AI sometimes go "full auto" with some sniper rifles. Noticed that with OpFor mainly. Sounds kinda strange, the rate of fire sounds way too high. Couldn't say if this is normal or not.

- About the explosions : sometimes, there is no delay between the explosion itself and the "debris" samples : they're sometimes overlapping with each other, when maybe the debris effects could be triggered after a short delay. Not a big deal.

8 minutes ago, Megiddo said:

If you're playing in single player :

- If you have the ADR-97 weapon pack, just copy what is in the Extra/ADR-97 Weapon Pack Official Mod Sounds and paste it in the main @JSRS SOUNDMOD/AddOns folder.

- If you have the APEX expansion, just copy what is in the Extra/APEX Content and paste it in the main @JSRS SOUNDMOD/AddOns folder.

- The same for the reloading and handling sounds if you're playing single player and don't use servers, otherwise it could cause issues.

thank you very much

13 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Hi LordJarhead, Hi All! Today, I can't imagine Arma3 without this mod and I can't play in Arma3 without it. Thank you so much LJ! 

Only a few thoughts on the first test. We have a good upgrade, Today I play (only infantry battle), a new sound of movement, just perfect!  Many new old weapons (not apex weapons) sounds began to sound much better.  New sounds of explosions is fantastic.Especially the far sounds,  It sounds much cooler!
But it seemed to me not everything went smoothly. When I opened the Virtual Arsenal and tests weapons, I noticed that some weapons (especially Apex weapons) are not have enough loud sound in comparison with other weapons. Also there not big mistakes.

My three cents here: 

We have a info about bug, when player start the game,  which is already mentioned on the first page @jeza, can confirm this.

ASP-1 Kir -has problems with shooting. (I have test in Virtual Arsenal) Sometimes this sounds lose its tails.

AKM 7.62 mm - has the lack of volume, as seems to me. It should sound louder, at least for the reason of 7.62.

SPAR-16 5.56 mm (all models!) -  has a very quiet volume. Perhaps you have considered a smaller caliber, but it is very quiet compared to other weapons! 

Machinegun LIM-85 5.56 - has the lack of volume, as seems to me the previous version of JSRS it sounded better.

New Shot from an RPG-42 is a masterpiece, yes, but compared with it a shot from an RPG-7, too flat and quiet .  On the background of the RPG-42, shot from a RPG-7 is more boring (similar to vanilla)

Type 115 (main weapon - 6.5mm) - also too quiet compared to the old weapons (not Apex weapons)

A shot of the Titan launcher - has lost some volume.(versus JSRS 1.2) I think this requires additional volume, more power, more volume. 

JSRS always distinguished by a powerful sound (even if the player uses the supressor). Now Apex Weapons seems unnaturally quiet

The vast majority of the problems were my fault
I included an extra folder of Apex, etc . Now I am additionally hooked Apex and it sounds great.

After that, the weapon of the Apex sounds great. It's like Christmas to my ears! Also error message at runnung game not present. Thus there are only

only a small number of issues remains: 

ASP-1 Kir -still has a problems with shooting. This is not a likely loss of tails for the sound, it's more like a different volume.

RPG-7 and Titan Launcher sound are good, but I would add volume to them. At least in JSRS 1.2, Titan sounded more powerful (but this is only my humble opinion)

Also I met additional small issue. -The rolling player in both sides, when he lies on the ground, has no any movement sound.
On the background of fine movement sound, the lack of sound when player rolling in the prone, spoil the experience from movement in first person.

Thanks for awesome job, without JSRS mod, Arma is only 50% the fun

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mickeymen said:

The vast majority of the problems were my fault
I included an extra folder of Apex, etc . Now I am additionally hooked Apex and it sounds great.

After that, the weapon of the Apex sounds great. It's like Christmas to my ears! Also error message at runnung game not present. Thus there are only

only a small number of issues remains: 

ASP-1 Kir -still has a problems with shooting. This is not a likely loss of tails for the sound, it's more like a different volume.

RPG-7 and Titan Launcher sound are good, but I would add volume to them. At least in JSRS 1.2, Titan sounded more powerful (but this is only my humble opinion)

Also I met additional small issue. -The rolling player in both sides, when he lies on the ground, has no any movement sound.
On the background of fine movement sound, the lack of sound when player rolling in the prone, spoil the experience from movement in first person.

Thanks for awesome job, without JSRS mod, Arma is only 50% the fun

Thanks Mickey!

I'll take all suggestions and your detailed feedback in consideration! First I'll head out to fix the problems and to clear the APEX content from being not included right away.

LJ

• Like 2

But wouldn't adding the Apex extras to everyone work just fine? I mean, even if you don't own Apex you still have all the weapons and vehicles installed, and you can even use them. Or are there also sounds and configs specifically for Tanoa map which non-owners don't have?

6 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Thank you for your very detailed feedback. On fact I was actually waiting for it, at least I hoped you'd find the time to do so, so thanks!

I'll take all constructive suggestions and aspects of your feedback on consideration. Many things are still troubling and need fixes. Many weapins, especially gatling weapons aren't working corectly right now. And I'll make another modupload to cover the APEX content. And maybe one optional mod for the reloading and handling sounds of weapons so they are separated as well.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, please keep posting your actual feedback. Spent a few minutes to write something and don't just click that stupid "like" button :)

Thanks,

LJ

Dynasound doesn't seem to cause issues for people that don't have APEX. It may be completely different structure though I do not know.