On 11/15/2019 at 12:01 AM, LordJarhead said:

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.19.1114:

Fixes:

- Fixed the key... again! New Key, new signatures, hope this works this time *eyes rolling*

Tweaks
- Tweaked weapon sound volume, had to bring them down as the current state distorts the sounds a lot
- Tweaked multiple distances and volumes for various effects such as the movement, way to dominant
- Tweaked explosion sounds were just a distorted scream without bass, kinda tried to fix them back up
- Tweaked some of the weaopn sounds during my "its been months, let's hear how it sounds like" routine

Thanks guys,

LJ

Hi @LordJarhead!

Again your mod (jsrs-soundmod-version-CE.19.1114) don’t have sound for the healing animation! This already is the fourth version of your mod, without sound healing! Why is this not?
I was hoping you noticed this problem independently, but it looks like user need to report it.

Please fix this, it really bothers

17 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

I am sure he will fix it when he has the time. Personally its something i've never noticed before, also its not the end of the world as we have plenty of other awesome sounds in the mod 😉

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Hi @LordJarhead!

Again your mod (jsrs-soundmod-version-CE.19.1114) don’t have sound for the healing animation! This already is the fourth version of your mod, without sound healing! Why is this not?
I was hoping you noticed this problem independently, but it looks like user need to report it.

You could have just said something that this is broken, I don't play with the mod very often to notice such tiny things. 

I'll investigate, 

LJ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.19.1114:

Fixes:
- Fixed Missing healing sounds for self healing first aid kits
- Fixed rocket and grenade explosion sounds. Rockets hitting vehicles are still to loud and will be played twice, ArmA related thing, not JSRS!

Tweaks:
- Tweaked some distances, volumes and general maintenance
- Tweaked some new layers into the weapon sounds as part of "prove of concept work"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

With your mod no sounds reloads weapons and also machine guns on range 100 meter hearing as the chatter of grasshoppers. The rest of the weapon sounds like plastic. Explosive grenades sounds too loud.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WAR326 said:

With your mod no sounds reloads weapons and also machine guns on range 100 meter hearing as the chatter of grasshoppers. The rest of the weapon sounds like plastic. Explosive grenades sounds too loud.

Oh boy, all wrong... What a shame. I better stop bothering with updating then. Not to imagine how you must feel... I'm so sry. 😄

LJ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Thank you for your work LordJarhead! 

P.S. There's No Innovation Without Experimentation)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've said it time and time again--sound, just like with most things in life--are totally subjective. Whether sounds, color styles, clothing styles, etc. There's also the issue of what kind of setup the people are using. Are they using headsets? If so-what brand, with or without a 3rd party sound card? Using a DAC? Is it a gimmicky "gamers headset" or a proper pair of cans with a 3rd party mic? Are they using speakers instead? If so, even speakers have questions behind them.

I've even noticed sounds--whether JSRS or Vanilla sound one way on my system with my Creative sound card and Beyerdynamic headset and then when I am watching Arma videos on my TV with its speakers the sounds are completely and utterly different. There's times where I've heard sounds I didn't like personally due to tastes on my PC sound completely better and awesome on my TV, lol.

But then again, this guy has "war" in his name--he's probably jumped out of a helicopter with a knife between his teeth and slaughtered a whole company with his bear hands (literal bears for hands, that's how tacticool he is). So what do I know.

• Like 2

I'm not wish offend author mod. Actually - sounds in game depend of hardware and at every has different tastes. But indeed only me with it mod  are absent sounds reloading weapons? Other people all ok?

7 hours ago, WAR326 said:

I'm not wish offend author mod. Actually - sounds in game depend of hardware and at every has different tastes. But indeed only me with it mod  are absent sounds reloading weapons? Other people all ok?

I'm all good. I hear all sounds so far, all reload sounds are working. What other mods are involved? Did you updated this mod via steam? 

LJ 

Of sounds mods me enabled only your mod. With your mod sounds reloading weapons missing. If i'm disabled your mod - sounds reloading weapons  return again. Your mod i'm updated via Steam.

Please disable all other mods involved and test again. If you point out any issues with one mod, please make sure nothing else is involved. 

If the issue still remains, use the ArmA3 Launcher and click "repair". 

LJ 

Yeah, that reloading sound mod from LordJarhead. Is it still maintaining?

I mostly use both rhs and cup, with jsrs supporting+this reloading mod, all works fine without any issue whatsoever(haven't aware any missing sound by my end). But i want to know is your reloading mod still relevant? What i mean by that is, is it already bundled with the main/core jsrs nowadays? 

Thanks

Well, they are not necessary, as I could probably bind them into the main mod, tho it will cause issues on severs that will automatically report the log with missing reloading sound files although they are present. It's a really weird bug and I don't know how to get this to be fixed. So I separated them from the main mod and people / server admins can decide themselves if they want people to use the standard reloading sounds or the ones from JSRS and have their logs filled with this stupid report. 

I have not updated the reloading sounds in quite a while as they did not have chanced in any way. 

LJ 

On 9/3/2017 at 7:07 AM, LordJarhead said:

It normally shouldn't. It should stay client side. But there are problems with the reloading and weapon handling sounds. They cause to send error messages and broadcast them to all clients and server logs. That's why they are separated from the main mod. 

LJ

This problem is not yet solved. This is from server .rpt file and I see this errors on clients, which don't have JSRS, too:

Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\spar_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\mx_sw_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\noises\rifle_zeroing_1.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\noises\spar_firemode.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\ak12_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\asp1_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\aks_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\navid_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\dry\spar_dry.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\dry\mx_dry.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\navid_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\dry\spar_dry.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\spar_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\noises\spar_firemode.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\dry\navid_dry.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\dry\navid_dry.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\akm_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\noises\akm_firemode.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\noises\akm_firemode.ogg not found !!!

1 hour ago, Horus said:

This problem is not yet solved. This is from server .rpt file and I see this errors on clients, which don't have JSRS, too:

Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\mx_sw_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\noises\rifle_zeroing_1.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\ak12_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\asp1_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\aks_reload.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\dry\mx_dry.ogg not found !!!
Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_complete\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles\weapons\reload\akm_reload.ogg not found !!!

Yes, and one of the clients used the reloading sounds and ArmA3 spreads this to all clients connected. That's a known issue that has no solution. It's been there since Arma2 if I remember correctly. 

LJ 

Hey Lord Jar been a JSRS fan since the A2 days. Best sound mod by far 😉

The unsuppressed rifle sfx are great but suppressed firing sounds are a bit too quiet atm need a bit more punch/bass especially from the 3rd person point of view...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Yes, and one of the clients used the reloading sounds and ArmA3 spreads this to all clients connected. That's a known issue that has no solution. It's been there since Arma2 if I remember correctly. 

LJ 

This means that some of clients use old JSRS version right?

16 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Just did, thanks for reminding me!

LJ

Thank you very much

Hi there Jarhead hope you are doing well mate.

Just noticed after getting back in and playing again that the attached spotting rifle rounds from RHS & CUP SMAW's make an explosive impact sound. Also on the RHS version the spotting rifle firing sound makes a sound almost akin to firing the launcher itself.

Waaaaay back when someone made a fix for it on the RHS versions which I do have the file for however it doesn't function all too well anymore, it only changes the sound on the up close impacts not the distant ones (or maybe its got the wrong sound tail added on?) Just wondering if this is something you might be able to fix in the compatibility patches?