Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The mod has been updated for a first hotfix:

 

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0213 Changes:

Tweaks:
- Tweaked Separated the reloading and handling souds into a new mod that requires JSRS Soundmod
- Tweaked Added all the apex content sounds to the main addons folder for clearance

Additions:
- Added Additional mod for the ADR97 Weapon Official Mod Sound Support

 

 

The new mod will be linked on front page.

 

LJ

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lord Jarhead: Congrats on your new release! I was just testing out your most recently updated version on the workshop by creating a firefight in the editor. I wish I could give some more detailed feedback than this, but I have noticed a couple of things and am wondering if it is the mod or on my end.  The thing that I am experiencing is that sounds seem to be either too muffled or simply just much quieter than before (Ie, your last dragonfyre version). Sounds of my personal weapon, foodsteps, environement, etc, are all normal volume. However, shots fired from more than 50m seem very quiet. The firefight that I set up was 5 US squads vs 5 CSAT squads, each on opposing hilltops 400m apart with a valley in between. I threw some vehicles and air in as well. My shots are loud enough for sure, but the firefight itself was pretty quiet. The hilltop 400m away was bombarded by MLRS, yet despite the gigantic explosions, the sound of it 400m away was quiet and muffled as well. 

 

It is worth noting that, in the vids of your mod, it sounds louder than what I am experiencing. As I said, I have always used your mod for sounds, including the last version. When your latest version became a little dated, I tried Dynavision 2.0. In all your previous mods, and in Dynavision, the sounds at range were satisfying. Yet for some reason this time they are all so quiet. Firefights right in front of me sound like the are 1km away. Any ideas on why I might be experiencing this? Or is it simply the new way sounds are? Thanks!

 

Edit*- It is worth mentioning that the environmental sounds are the best they ever have been, and from what I can tell, all of the weapon and vehicles sounds that are working are amazing! Probably your best work yet. Aside from the volume, everything sounds better!

Edited by corona2172
Additional Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, corona2172 said:

@Lord Jarhead: Congrats on your new release! I was just testing out your most recently updated version on the workshop by creating a firefight in the editor. I wish I could give some more detailed feedback than this, but I have noticed a couple of things and am wondering if it is the mod or on my end.  The thing that I am experiencing is that sounds seem to be either too muffled or simply just much quieter than before (Ie, your last dragonfyre version). Sounds of my personal weapon, foodsteps, environement, etc, are all normal volume. However, shots fired from more than 50m seem very quiet. The firefight that I set up was 5 US squads vs 5 CSAT squads, each on opposing hilltops 400m apart with a valley in between. I threw some vehicles and air in as well. My shots are loud enough for sure, but the firefight itself was pretty quiet. The hilltop 400m away was bombarded by MLRS, yet despite the gigantic explosions, the sound of it 400m away was quiet and muffled as well. 

 

It is worth noting that, in the vids of your mod, it sounds louder than what I am experiencing. As I said, I have always used your mod for sounds, including the last version. When your latest version became a little dated, I tried Dynavision 2.0. In all your previous mods, and in Dynavision, the sounds at range were satisfying. Yet for some reason this time they are all so quiet. Firefights right in front of me sound like the are 1km away. Any ideas on why I might be experiencing this? Or is it simply the new way sounds are? Thanks!

 

Edit*- It is worth mentioning that the environmental sounds are the best they ever have been, and from what I can tell, all of the weapon and vehicles sounds that are working are amazing! Probably your best work yet. Aside from the volume, everything sounds better!

 

Hello Corona,

 

let me guess, you are on the DevBranch? The Dev Branch has a new technique for sound occlusion. When a weapon is fired behind an object and is not directly in your sight, you wont hear it clearly and it is very muffled. That's what BIS is currently working on and they'll tweak this probably. Currently, I suggest using the Main Branch with JSRS and that's what the mod is made for. If you ARE on Main Branch tho I might need to ask if you have any other mods running along with JSRS?

 

LJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lord Jarhead- I am not on the Dev Branch, but I am on the new Release Candidate branch. That very well could be it, and would explain it. *I tested that scenario of mine with Dynasound, and it appears to be quieter and muffled as well. Glad to know that it isn't JSRS! .....Not sure how I feel about the whole sound occlusion thing though. I just got back from two weeks in the field, which concluded with a live fire combined arms exercise, and I must say that weapons fire at 400m (even with dense forest and hills) is not even remotely as muffled or quiet as BI now seem to think it is. Buildings or trees be damned, it is still loud and audible. I know in urban environments it can be harder to hear it at distance, but trees and average terrain? Not so much. Especially not at night (like my test scenario is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe LJ and others will be interested to look at JSRS from side. 

It's not a big video demonstrating how I got into a deadly ambush in the building: 

 

 

 

I even Sometimes scary to play and I jump in the chair when my character getting shot at. Because of these feelings I love work of LJ, it gives adrenaline)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.2.2017 at 6:30 PM, Shifty.FR said:

4bcfaa7dc2.png

 

Should be fixed by latest updates...

 

New updates:

 

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0215 Changes:

Tweaks:
- Tweaked Config of both CAS Planes
- Tweaked Sound Volume of Minigun Sounds

Fixes:
- Fixed Missing AH9 Pawnee M134 Minigun Sound
- Fixed Missing Cas1 Plane 30mm Gatling Gun Sound
- Fixed Wrong RequiredAddons List for A-164 Wipeout and To-199 Neophron resulting in a mix of BI and JSRS Sounds

Additions:
- Added First new CAS Gau Sound for a Test. WIP

 

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0214 Changes:

Tweaks:
-Tweaked Deleted redundant sounds[] = {"StandardSound"}; value in GM6 Lynx and M320LRR

Fixes:
-Fixed M320R LRR and GM6 Lynx had Semi Auto firemodes because of wrong superclass

 

LJ

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ss9 said:

Yeah, just flying the Pawnee around and there doesn't seem to be anything :(

Internal or external.

 

Is that changelog released or WIP update?

 

Just released

 

LJ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey LJ, I've been running JSRS since A2:OA (the good ol'days), thanks for your stunning work for all these years.

 

However, I got a question, I'm wondering if addon aircrafts may be subject to JSRS sound enhancement aswell ? I'm currently working on Nodunit & Franze AH-64D and I'd like to know if it's possible to make it compatible, at least for the external sounds parts (as the aircraft has it's own internal sounds with APU and so on...). The module is very complex (I'm sure you've heard about it before), but I'd like it to get the benefits of A3 evolutions in a matter of external lights rendering and sounds rendering such as JSRS for instance as your addon has became a reference in the community after some years of hard work.

 

Feel free to take a look at the config.cpp file, line 4032 (which corresponds to SoundExt class), on the - AH-64D (v1.42+) GitHub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sacha Oropeza said:

Hey LJ, I've been running JSRS since A2:OA (the good ol'days), thanks for your stunning work for all these years.

 

However, I got a question, I'm wondering if addon aircrafts may be subject to JSRS sound enhancement aswell ? I'm currently working on Nodunit & Franze AH-64D and I'd like to know if it's possible to make it compatible, at least for the external sounds parts (as the aircraft has it's own internal sounds with APU and so on...). The module is very complex (I'm sure you've heard about it before), but I'd like it to get the benefits of A3 evolutions in a matter of external lights rendering and sounds rendering such as JSRS for instance as your addon has became a reference in the community after some years of hard work.

 

Feel free to take a look at the config.cpp file on the - AH-64D (v1.42+) GitHub.

 

I had similar question before. I wish one day this mod also brings benefits to vehicles and weapons of other mods :down:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

 

I had similar question before. I wish one day this mod also brings benefits to vehicles and weapons of other mods :down:

There was a rhs version of it who knows we may see it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After playing around further in both SP and MP as a foot soldier I have to say the sounds are amazing! My only real complaint is that the gear rustling/footstep noises made from your soldier are too loud. The default Arma 3 sound have a much more appropriate volume level. This is a lot more noticeable while playing with headphones but I still catch it while using speakers.

 

The distance you hear footsteps is really good, on a grassy field at a sprint you can faintly hear footsteps out to 50M if nothing else is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW LJ your mod is always awesome, been using JSRS since A2 and for the life of me can't figure out why BI haven't done a deal and licensed JSRS from you...the stock sounds, from a company that has made millions of $, are simply appalling - no excuse for such a shocking disregard for enhancing the product.

 

Anyhows keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the new ver being enabled on the servers I play on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi LJ

 

I was a little reluctant to download a large mod as i've become a tight *ss lately. But i'm glad i did because it's bloody good mate. As soon as i fired up crCTI i was like whoa this is very cool. I've now decided not to be such a tight *ss with downloads and have become a large mod convert. :f:

 

Ravage, Pilgrimage, crCTI & Warfare will not be played without it. Seriously mate, good job. You mod, script & addon makers always amaze me. I'm feelin' man kisses coming, everybody run for your lives. :don12:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say my first pvp test was pretty nice.. The thing that bothers me the most is the gear sound or running sound. It sounds like there is audio on 100% left and 100% right, so it sounds like two different soundsources, if you know what I mean? So bascically it feels like I hear stuff on my left and right ear, but in the middle, there is nothing, so it's not "one" sound.. It's really hard to describe it..Not sure if you understand what I mean though. Is it normal that a hummingbird has like 2 different engine sounds? If it flies towards me the engine sound mixes up with another sound. Overall great work..only played one round and have to do more testing GJ Den

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok dumb question but where exactly do I 'load" these extra server side files if I want this allowed on my server.

I have both keys in the keys folder but it says to "load" the dummy files but doesnt fully explain it..unless I missed it someplace.

 

 

Diesel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi LJ, already asked this same question at NIArms release thread but probably you know the best. Do you know if this still works with the latest JSRS soundmod: http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/HgA6kf4s5BGUQAAVF72WTA/hlcmods-jsrs-compatibility-patch? I know it's for and old version of JSRS but just wondering if it still works correctly.

3 minutes ago, war_lord said:


Nope, we're not currently compatible with JSRS. The school of thought over here is that since native support for soundshaders has been added, there's not really a need to keep up with souind overhauls. If you don't want any default sounds, Laxemann's works well with NIA.

 Got an answer from the NiArms Release Thread.

Edited by Ralliska
Answered on another thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, there is no sound for the M230 (B_30mm_AP) impacts that goes with explosionEffects = "ExploAmmoExplosion"; on this JSRS version. Those explosions don't produce any noise. I guess this will be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Well it`s an AP Round so it shound't produce any explosion, right?

 

LJ

 

Could anyone confirm ? So changing it "B_30mm_HE" or "B_30mm_MP" may solve that.

 

On 15/02/2017 at 11:29 PM, Devastator_cm said:

 

I had similar question before. I wish one day this mod also brings benefits to vehicles and weapons of other mods :down:

 

Here are my latest changes on Franze & Nodunit AH-64D mixed with JSRS 4.

 

 

EDIT: I changed the ammotype for multipurpose ammo in the aircraft's config.cpp, that did the magic trick ! Thanks LJ, you rock.

Edited by Sacha Oropeza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×