Hello and Happy new Year to all!!

Thanks so much for the latest updates...

Just noticed something I don't know if you are aware.. When cluster rounds impact there are clipping sounds as the explosions happen and they continue long after the impact

so in the end you can hear mostly clipping where you should hear the explosion echoes. Sounds like there is an overload of sound generation. Maybe you could have a look at this if not already?? Thanks 🙂 

Later Post: Anyway found that this happens only under fire support within zeus interface so nevermind. 🙂

Edited by Armagedonas
Found cause

Good day @LordJarhead

I have discovered a problem  - JSRs-soundmod- version -CE.19.1119.

The MX-rifle indoors sounds like a shot with a sound supressor. 

I checked this, the problem applies only to the basic MX model (not sniper MX, not short MX, not a machine gun MX)

Reproduction steps:

1. Place in the map Ammo Bearer or Combat Lafe Saver (which are equipped with a basic version of  MX) near any building.

2. shoot outside and inside the building

Hello everyone, 

A new update for JSRS_Soundmod got released. Unfortunately my system wouldn't boot after some hardware issue and it came to the point where I had to wipe my hdd's. This is mainly the reason I decided to make a new key for JSRS_Soundmod. 

Attention: NEW KEY!

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.20.0331:
NEW KEY signature. JSRS_Soundmod_2020
Fixes:
- Fixed some weapons where muted interior
Tweaks:
- Tweaked some sounds and explosions

Some my have noticed my absence lately and I can explain that:

I am very busy working on a new project and it is taking up most of my time. But it's so much fun lately and the game we are working on coming together nicely. As for my role, as lead sound designer, I am especially passionate about the sound design of the game and already very curious about the feedback we'll get. So much in advance: I never made anything quite as good as these sounds, thanks to great libraries, field recordings, good software solutions and the great help and support of our team.

There is not much I can say about this game so far, or about its release, but it's gonna be really great for the Arma community! So save some bugs on the side, because this year is the one that will change your sound experience in the Armaverse forever! For any tiny bit of information we can provide to the public, I'll let you know. 

Thanks a lot, and stay safe and healthy, friends! 

LJ 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

On 4/3/2020 at 11:59 AM, LordJarhead said:

Hello everyone, 

A new update for JSRS_Soundmod got released. Unfortunately my system wouldn't boot after some hardware issue and it came to the point where I had to wipe my hdd's. This is mainly the reason I decided to make a new key for JSRS_Soundmod. 

Attention: NEW KEY!

Fixes:
Tweaks:

Some my have noticed my absence lately and I can explain that:

I am very busy working on a new project and it is taking up most of my time. But it's so much fun lately and the game we are working on coming together nicely. As for my role, as lead sound designer, I am especially passionate about the sound design of the game and already very curious about the feedback we'll get. So much in advance: I never made anything quite as good as these sounds, thanks to great libraries, field recordings, good software solutions and the great help and support of our team.

There is not much I can say about this game so far, or about its release, but it's gonna be really great for the Arma community! So save some bugs on the side, because this year is the one that will change your sound experience in the Armaverse forever! For any tiny bit of information we can provide to the public, I'll let you know. 

Thanks a lot, and stay safe and healthy, friends! 

LJ 

ARMA4?

if yes turn your head to the right side

if no turn your head to the left side 

thanks for your service LJ

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Arma 4?

Can't wait to hear all about it. Thanks for the news. 

Stay healthy, guys. 🙂

Arma 4?

Me too, I am pretty sure that this was the official confirmation we were all waiting for. 😁

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I suggest some of you people go out for a little fresh air , quarantine due to coronavirus might cause other problems 😂

• Haha 3

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing good and stay healthy 😉

So due to quarantine and the amount of time thats now available, i've been finally doing some modding again. Also it's been a bit since my last update on this forum, I just updated the steam site. So here are the logs for the last couple of updates:

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.20.0419

Tweaks:
- Tweaked firing sound for Zubr revolver, was way over the top
- Tweaked firing sound for M4 rifle family (CUP and RHS)
- Tweaked fring sounds for all vanilla weapons plus all CUP/RHS compat weapon sounds
- Tweaked many minor tweaks all across the soundscape

Addidions:

- Added new sounds/cfg for vehicles of Tank DLC

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.20.0417C:

Tweaks:
- Tweaked some volume values for M249, M240, AKM, AK74, SCAR and more weapons as they used a wrong layer.
- Tweaked new sounds for DSHK and M2 50cal

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.20.0417B:

PBO were not signed with new key.

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.20.0417:

Again: New signature Key. JSRS_Soundmod_2020_V2. Admins be aware!
(Do to some issue with the signing tools, it had my keys deleted!)

Tweaks:

- Tweaked small arms pistols volume and overall power
- Tweaked Mar10 to be more powerful (SD sounds still missing the cracks)
- Tweaked close explosion sounds have a bit more bass and sound clearer
- Tweaked vehicle engine sounds. Tested a new idea and it came out pretty good
- Exhanged/New engine sounds for Offroad, MWB, SUV, Van, Van_02
- Tweaked M249 and M240 sounds, tho I'm not quite happy with the results yet
- Made some adjustments to have a better immersion playing Old Man Scenario

- Deleted all reloading sounds out of RHS compat files as these cause RPT logs during multiplayer

Fixes:

Tweaks:

Thanks to @Dahlgren we (or rather him alone) were able fix and resolve multiple loggin issues with CUP and RHS Compat files. As of current state, everything looks clean without any logs. Also I removed all reloading, dryfire and firemodechange sounds so they wont pop up in the server logs anymore.

I also update the vehicle sounds a bit, and I'm still playing around with some of the background noises while driving. Also I tried to cover Tanoa but for some reason there is an addon I'm missing in my CFGPatches in order to patch their sounds, so thats something for my next updates I guess. So, yeah, I think everything sounds cool and fancy as of right now, I hope you like it too, stay healthy and I'll catch you soon! 😉

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for the update! Just noticed what might be a spelling error in the GM PBO:

JSRS_Souncmod_Global_Mobilization

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CameronMcDonald said:

Thanks for the update! Just noticed what might be a spelling error in the GM PBO:

Oh wow, thanks, that must have slipped through somehow 😞

LJ

I'm experiencing problems running the latest JSRS with my Arma 3 Epoch server and would be grateful for any help or sanity check. I've run this server and JSRS for 5 years together without any issue.

If I add the latest JSRS key (v2) to my server root keys folder, the server shows on the default arma launcher as having no dlc or, requiring any mods. So, anyone joining through the default launcher will be kicked for not running Epoch mod. If I remove the JSRS key and restart the server, then it shows the dlc and mods correctly in the launcher...

Also, I run 2 exile servers, they both have the same JSRS key in their root keys folder and the vanilla arma launcher shows all the required and optional mods correctly.... 😕

Anyone else experienced anything similar and is it related to the latest v2 key?

The only way I fixed the above was by adding the mobilisation key as well. Not that we use any global mobilisation assets on our servers but, having the extra key in there made the vanilla launcher pick up the main JSRS key. Just in case anyone else experiences similar.

13 minutes ago, gogsworld said:

The only way I fixed the above was by adding the mobilisation key as well. Not that we use any global mobilisation assets on our servers but, having the extra key in there made the vanilla launcher pick up the main JSRS key. Just in case anyone else experiences similar.

Hey, 

Global Mobilization compat uses a different key, not the extra key. It uses jsrs_gm_compat_2020. If you have a different key in GM compat, delete it from your system and get a fresh install from Steam Workshop. 

The extra key is for the JSRS_Reloadingsounds which are not meant to run on a server as long as the admins want a clean log. Otherwise the reload sounds will pop up in the log every time, for all clients and the server log. 

This sounds like you should either repair JSRS via Launcher or delete and reinstall it completely just to be sure. 

Never heard of such a problem before. 

LJ 

• Like 1

Hello everyone!
Is there a way to make echo & reverb sound louder? 

Thanks!

EDIT: 
Figured it out🤗

good day LJ!

I noticed a little sound problem.

Problem at Version: CE.20.0423B - You have no sound, when player character changing weapons if binoculars are involved.

examples:

a) when changing from a carbine to binoculars - there is no sound
b) when changing from binoculars to a carbine, there is no sound
c) when changing from a pistol to binoculars - there is no sound
d) when changing from pistol to binoculars - there is no sound

e) when changing from launcher to binoculars - there is no sound

f) when changing from binoculars to launcher - there is no sound

the sound of changing weapons is present ONLY:

1) when changing weapons from a pistol to a carbine
2) when changing weapons from a carbine to a pistol

Please add a sound for the items - a, b, c, d, e, f.

G'day @LordJarhead

I don't use the forums often but I like to report a bug.

When vehicles or other entities in the distance explode, the sound appears to ignore acoustic attenuation and plays as if the explosion was right next to the player. I've attached a video I took demonstrating it. Volume warning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy4lv4hrm0o286u/sound bug.mp4?dl=0

I'm using the following JSRS addons.

JSRS Soundmod CE.20.0423
JSRS Soundmod Dependency Fixes
JSRS Soundmod Global Mobilization DLC Sounds
RHS AiO Mod Support CE.20.0419
CUP Weapons Support CE.20.0423

Cheers

Hello LJ!

i hope in the next update you will fix it:

On 6/15/2020 at 11:14 PM, mickeymen said:

I noticed a little sound problem.

Problem at Version: CE.20.0423B - You have no sound, when player character changing weapons if binoculars are involved.

examples:

a) when changing from a carbine to binoculars - there is no sound
b) when changing from binoculars to a carbine, there is no sound
c) when changing from a pistol to binoculars - there is no sound
d) when changing from pistol to binoculars - there is no sound

e) when changing from launcher to binoculars - there is no sound

f) when changing from binoculars to launcher - there is no sound

the sound of changing weapons is present ONLY:

1) when changing weapons from a pistol to a carbine
2) when changing weapons from a carbine to a pistol

Please add a sound for the items - a, b, c, d, e, f.

Also, a bit of my babble:

I know that you are a fan of shooting sounds, but even so I ask you to pay attention to other sounds of the game.

The sounds of a weapon change are either absent or sound very quiet.

This is hardly noticeable, please correct it - add the missing sounds and as a whole make the sounds of changing weapons louder.

Else, the sound of the player’s character rotating in both directions (roll), sounds very quiet and not corresponding to such a movement at all. 

All the sounds I have listed, in real life are the result of actions near the ears of the player’s character (especially roll in both sides on the ground). That should sound louder, so it will be more realistic!

Thank you for your dedication to your A3 modding: D

Found a bug where the A-164's 30mm cannon does not use JSRS sounds, same thing with the M61 Cannon for other aircraft.

1 hour ago, CommanderCharms said:

Found a bug where the A-164's 30mm cannon does not use JSRS sounds, same thing with the M61 Cannon for other aircraft.

Quite sure that's intentional, judging by the changelogs on the workshop page.

Yesterday I accidentally installed the NIArms (All Weapons in One) weapon mod and when I compared the sound of primary hand weapon of NIArms and JSRS firing I was extremely surprised.

It cannot be used together as any other weapon that does not belong to NIArms will sound worse and quieter.

I've been a JSRS fan for a long time and have always been convinced that JSRS is loud mod compared to vanilla, but compared to NIArms, but when compared it turned out it sounds like kindergarten!

I ask all users to compare these two mods and feel what I'm talking about.

After NIArms mod, the shooting from the first person in JSRS -- sounds quiet, dim and muddy, there is no loud shooting at all!  Oh my god yes I said it! 

It seems to me that only sonic crack sounds loud and most of all interests the author of JSRS.

Sound cracks sound even louder than the all first person shots themselves! 

The JSRS sound of the fire with suppressors is the same muddy, plastic, not natural - it does not correspond to the sound of the suppressor at all. 

For comparison,  everybody can listen to the sounds of suppressors in NIArms, it sounds natural by sound and its volume level.

The JSRS sounds of pistols sound as if they were taken from a children's cartoon.

It's a real shame...I don't know what happened to the author of this mod. Unfortunately JSRS doesn't make me happy anymore, rather annoying.

I would really like @LordJarhead to study the sound of NIArms and make his sound similar to this.

Dude, I am grateful to you for all this years of your work and I don't want to hate you, but I think now you need a major overhaul, just listen to some friendly advice.

Please study the all sounds from NIArms mod (how it works, what level of difficulty, the every sound itself ) and try to do something like this minimum.

And at the maximal, I believe that you can do better because you are a fan of what you do.

PS:  I also saw the JSRS for NIArms mod. When I opened it, sure I've heard that it messed up NiArms(

More adequate - for a given period of time need to make a sound mod from I NiArms for JSRS, but not vice versa.

• Confused 4

Oh boy, here we go again.

The same thing happens that always happens: You compare it to other mods!

JSRS is not a mod that should sound like XYZ; it's designed after my personal touch and my particular way of experimenting with sounds. That after "all these years," suddenly everything seems like kindergarten makes me doubt your objective judgment.

I hope you enjoy NiArms, and it's okay if you don't like JSRS anymore. But never put the "order" one "should" do this or that with JSRS. JSRS is a free modification; it's not intended to follow your orders. It doesn't exist to please YOU. It offers an alternative, and if you like it, great, if not, then not. Nevertheless, the mod should not bend according to your ideas but rather WITH your thoughts, with constructive feedback. But not like this.

I'm pretty tired of listening to everything that is "wrongly." It is my hobby to create sounds and not to fulfill your wishes. If you have constructive feedback, please add it to the table. But don't force me to give you what you want. Ever.

Now I have become a bit abusive and apologize for it, but my patience has been used lately, not least because of the circumstances with worldwide events. JSRS has not been processed adequately on my part for several weeks and months. I am busy with more important things.

"I ask all users to compare these two mods and feel what I'm talking about."

And you can save yourself something like that in the future. It's not the right thing to convince other people that someone is terrible or worse. If that's your view, feel free to say so. But please, calling each user to follow your ideas of right and wrong is beyond your judgment.

Your blatant U-turn and abusive remarks also show your real character, and therefore, your loss as a user has no meaning for me. That said, I wish you a happy time (without JSRS) and stay healthy.

LJ

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Yesterday I accidentally installed the NIArms (All Weapons in One) weapon mod and when I compared the sound of primary hand weapon of NIArms and JSRS firing I was extremely surprised.

It cannot be used together as any other weapon that does not belong to NIArms will sound worse and quieter.

I've been a JSRS fan for a long time and have always been convinced that JSRS is loud mod compared to vanilla, but compared to NIArms, but when compared it turned out it sounds like kindergarten!

I ask all users to compare these two mods and feel what I'm talking about.

After NIArms mod, the shooting from the first person in JSRS -- sounds quiet, dim and muddy, there is no loud shooting at all!  Oh my god yes I said it! 

It seems to me that only sonic crack sounds loud and most of all interests the author of JSRS.

Sound cracks sound even louder than the all first person shots themselves! 

The JSRS sound of the fire with suppressors is the same muddy, plastic, not natural - it does not correspond to the sound of the suppressor at all. 

For comparison,  everybody can listen to the sounds of suppressors in NIArms, it sounds natural by sound and its volume level.

The JSRS sounds of pistols sound as if they were taken from a children's cartoon.

It's a real shame...I don't know what happened to the author of this mod. Unfortunately JSRS doesn't make me happy anymore, rather annoying.

I would really like @LordJarhead to study the sound of NIArms and make his sound similar to this.

Dude, I am grateful to you for all this years of your work and I don't want to hate you, but I think now you need a major overhaul, just listen to some friendly advice.

Please study the all sounds from NIArms mod (how it works, what level of difficulty, the every sound itself ) and try to do something like this minimum.

And at the maximal, I believe that you can do better because you are a fan of what you do.

PS:  I also saw the JSRS for NIArms mod. When I opened it, sure I've heard that it messed up NiArms(

More adequate - for a given period of time need to make a sound mod from I NiArms for JSRS, but not vice versa.

Go play Niarms' AR and HK sounds yourself. They sounded more like spanking to me lol like "phapahpah pahn!!!!"

Sorry, but that whole jerking over NIArms and offering "friendly advice" reads more like "how can I get away with being a passively aggressive @**hole?"

It is ever so easy to squat over and take a sh*t on others work feeling self-entitled while doing absolutely nothing for the community of value themselves. If you think your viewpoint and perspective carries such value, why not stop

being a lazy bum and present the community with an alternative sound modification? You seem to know a lot how things should correctly and accurately sound, so what is stopping you from actually putting into the work and doing it for the rest of us to enjoy, Mickeymen? Or are you yet another one of these want to talk the talk but never walk the walk types?

There's plenty of documentation, and with the A3 Discord and this forum together--there is no lack of help or guidance in how to do it. If JSRS got that bad and cartoony and if you know so much on how things should sound in one particular way, they why would you selfishly deny your community from enjoying your vision of how Arma 3 should sound? There's plenty of room for healthy competition. So get off your selfish, lazy butt and deliver something of value beyond incessant whining and passive aggressiveness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1