It might be just me, but the firing sound for tanks feels far to quiet and lacks any real 'impact', so to speak.

Admittedly I haven't heard a tank fire myself, but I imagine they'd be louder than depicted in-game.

Any chance for a re-upload of CE.19.0822? Or doesn anyone have a link?

M16s, M4s etc (CUP) sounded much better before the latest update to CE.19.0829, especially suppressed fire finally had a realistic "echo" effect.

EDIT: Yes, since the latest update, CUP M16s with JSRS support now sound like M203s, and suppressed fire is way to Hollywood-quiet again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I just don't like the new sonic cracks, other than, all good:)

Can i only has explosion sounds? We all know vanilla explosion sounds suck, and you done a really great job at it. I just don't want the near miss sounds. Is there any ways i can do, like grabbing out some stuff out of the folder for get rid of it?

I don't need compat for other mod as both rhs and cup done a huge improvement in their last update, i just need the explosions mod to kill these vanilla "dhuuuuuu!". Already tried the Dynosound, but it's near miss sounds ..., even worsen, they sounded like smacking up the arse with a flybat.

Now i have to choose between these two-one=Hollywood, another= smacking sound.

Anyway thank you all you modders for the works as i can't imagine Arma without you guys.

Bug report
========
Version: 0822, latest as of time of writing (latest despite steam changelogs saying 0829 the files download as 0822 as listed in the changelog)

Issue: The range of suppressor sound for third parties is very short, maybe 2-3m before no audible sound is heard behind/to side of shooter
Expectation: That sound will be reduced compared to firing without a suppressor but not that dramatically.
Reproduction: Zeus place a CSAT or Nato troop with suppressor alongside player, use ACE suppressive fire command to have it shoot and find range moving about to hear no sound in the general vacinity of the shooter.
Fails on NT4 QDSS from RHS on NATO but also base game suppressors with default CSAT troops don't work either, I didn't find one that worked correctly in 8 or 9 different suppressors so I assume they are all affected.

Let me know if you need any more details to reproduce.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dave_beastttt said:

Getting a lot of reports that JSRS is throwing a signature error since Arma 3 1.96 update

Arma bug, not JSRS fault.

• Like 1

The update yesterday https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861133494

Update: 30 Oct @ 9:29pm

Created new Key to signature the mod

Still doesn't work even with new jsrs_soundmod2019.bikey

Warning Message: Files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@JSRS\addons\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:17 PM, dave_beastttt said:

The update yesterday https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861133494

Update: 30 Oct @ 9:29pm

Created new Key to signature the mod

Still doesn't work even with new jsrs_soundmod2019.bikey

Warning Message: Files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@JSRS\addons\jsrs_soundmod_soundfiles.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Any word on this issue reported by @dave_beastttt? This is still causing problems

3 hours ago, gogsworld said:

This an issue with the latest Arma3 Patch, it needs to be fixed by BI. They broke some of the signatures used in mods.

That's not what the release notes say for this current version that was released after the arma update. 

It stipulates that it was released to fix the arma update on signatures. 

That's why it's best to point out that the fix hasn't worked. 

I'm aware that arma are also testing a version that unwinds the v3 signatures and createVehicleLocal changes. 

12 minutes ago, gogsworld said:

That's not what the release notes say for this current version that was released after the arma update. 

It stipulates that it was released to fix the arma update on signatures. 

That's why it's best to point out that the fix hasn't worked. 

I'm aware that arma are also testing a version that unwinds the v3 signatures and createVehicleLocal changes. 

I have tried to fix the problem by signing the pbo again, after that has failed I made a new signature key even, still it failed. Nothing else I can do about it for now... 

LJ 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Have u fixed the cup weapons compatibility? It makes some of the cup launchers such as rpg18 and the LAW disappear

44 minutes ago, Mohsin666 said:

Have u fixed the cup weapons compatibility? It makes some of the cup launchers such as rpg18 and the LAW disappear

I had a conversation with CUP a while ago where we pointed out these changes they've made, I am buried in work and cdlc work currently and totally forgot about this. I'll see if I can get that fixed during the next couple of days. 

LJ 

• Like 1

@LordJarhead when running a dedicated server do I need to run your sound mod on both the server and client side, or just the server key on the server side and your sound mod on the client side ?

Also new server key not working for me.

JSRS Soundmod Update CE.19.1114:

Fixes:

- Fixed the key... again! New Key, new signatures, hope this works this time *eyes rolling*

Tweaks
- Tweaked weapon sound volume, had to bring them down as the current state distorts the sounds a lot
- Tweaked multiple distances and volumes for various effects such as the movement, way to dominant
- Tweaked explosion sounds were just a distorted scream without bass, kinda tried to fix them back up
- Tweaked some of the weaopn sounds during my "its been months, let's hear how it sounds like" routine

Thanks guys,

LJ

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

holy sh** you're still updating this? I think I can speak for everyone when I say we love you. (BI, hire this guy for Arma 4 pls)

@LordJarhead Just to check quickly.... In the update from Steam Workshop, locally my key hasn't updated but, the addons folder has updated... Is that right? 

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to test anything as I'm working remotely

I'm very appreciate your work on mod, but on my sight last update only worsened his. Explosions hand grenades and grenade launchers too loud, a sounds firing weapons became too quiet and without bass. Native firing of weapons in mod RHS sound better.