Turret servo sound for tanks, ifv's is still louder than overall vehicle sounds :(

On 18.12.2017 at 9:59 PM, LordJarhead said:

JSRS Soundmod - 6.17.1218 Changes:

Additions:
- Added New Jet sounds got added - WIP

Tweaks
- Tweaked Gau8 sounds got changed, not really working great because of missing SoundSet system
- Tweaked Cannon sounds for Blackfoot and Kajman
- Tweaked Interior vehicle weapon sounds were too loud

Fixes:
- Fixed RPT "Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_helicopters\sounds\shared\\gear_up_in.ogg not found"
- Fixed Sevaral RPTs "Missing ';' at the end of line"
- Fixed Missing Cas01 cannon sounds
- Fixed CTD after Kajman firing main cannon

LJ Unfortunately, you made a small catastrophe (at least, personally for me) in the new version(6.17.1218) you spoiled the great sound of firing from the all MX-rifles!.

Before, in the versions 6.17.1025 - 6.17.1211, this sound was the best sound of MX-rifles in the all history of your mod, but now it sounds disgusting (IMHO)

There is no sound power, no bass sounds, player hear only a plastic sound ... 

Six previous versions of your mod had this good sound. Here those versions:

6.17.1110A

7th (6.17.1218) version spoiled everything (

In addition in the change list (6.17.1218) , there is no information about the MX, but still, it sounds much worse to me

The pre-version version (6.17.1211 ) still contained this good sound. Now I have to use only the this previous, last version (6.17.1211)

I'm sad :( 

ps Please try to return the previous version of the MX sounds

13 hours ago, mickeymen said:

LJ Unfortunately, you made a small catastrophe (at least, personally for me) in the new version(6.17.1218) you spoiled the great sound of firing from the all MX-rifles!.

Before, in the versions 6.17.1025 - 6.17.1211, this sound was the best sound of MX-rifles in the all history of your mod, but now it sounds disgusting (IMHO)

There is no sound power, no bass sounds, player hear only a plastic sound ... 

Six previous versions of your mod had this good sound. Here those versions:

6.17.1110A

7th (6.17.1218) version spoiled everything (

In addition in the change list (6.17.1218) , there is no information about the MX, but still, it sounds much worse to me

The pre-version version (6.17.1211 ) still contained this good sound. Now I have to use only the this previous, last version (6.17.1211)

I'm sad :( 

ps Please try to return the previous version of the MX sounds

Personally i have no issue with the MX sounds, but at the end of the day the author can choose what they want to change or add its their mod (consider it a bonus they have released it). I am sure LJ will take any constructive feedback and make changes if he deems it necessary. 

5 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Personally i have no issue with the MX sounds

I did not say that this is a bug, it just sounds much worse than it was before. Six previous versions of JSRS had a great sounding of MX shooting, I enjoyed the game, now the MX has a plastic sound.Compare the versions I provided above with last version JSRS.

To be perfectly honest, I find the new batch of sounds better and more enjoyable than the previous. Everyone will have their own preferences to how things should sound. But I remember back in the summer when the new setup was introduced and I fell in love with the Zafir. When it changed I definitely didn't let LJ forget I missed them, hehe. But again, that came down to personal tastes. Plus, I understand the "madness" as I do exactly the same. No matter how many say "Love it--don't change a damn thing!", you sit back and that compulsion kicks in to keep changing things. But at the end of the day, 1) it's his baby and his call. And 2, LJ has a way of when he changes things 9 out of 10 times they grow and evolve into much better sounds. If he would have kept things as they were a year ago, we would not have the awesome sound experience we do now with JSRS.

So with that said, people are free to like what they want. But it's his choice. Plus I personally really enjoy the new MX rifles even more than the previous ones personally. (Though Dennis, you know if you change those AK sounds I'll have to kneecap you lol j/k)

• Like 2

The problem with sounds/audio anywhere is that everyone usually prefers something different. Its impossible to have a universal sound that everyone loves, take a jet engine or V8 for example, 90% of people I know love those sounds however you'll always come across people who dont like the sound of them. 

In my opinion all sounds should aim for as similar as real life as possible, that way when people complain or whatever it may be about a sound they dont like, well, thats what it sounds like IRL, so get used to it. However if the sounds are completely made up kinda like what CoD does, then it gives people a platform to complain as well you can technically change it how you see fit, thus it will never be right for everybody. 

7 hours ago, yokhanan said:

So with that said, people are free to like what they want. But it's his choice. Plus I personally really enjoy the new MX rifles even more than the previous ones personally. (Though Dennis, you know if you change those AK sounds I'll have to kneecap you lol j/k)

I can not dispute your opinion. You are obsalyutno right. Yes! 

But what did I notice here on the forum? Any user will always admire any update, for any mod, or for the game update as a whole!

The user will put on the lot of likes (to creators of those updates) and express their happiness! But Does this mean that any update always really improves the game or mod !?
The answer to this is - "of course not!" We can see this only on official updates to ArmA, as almost every update adds errors.

I think very often users make mistakes and they will always choose an any update (as really is the best for game),  even if it's worse

8 hours ago, yokhanan said:

Plus I personally really enjoy the new MX rifles even more than the previous ones personally. (Though Dennis, you know if you change those AK sounds I'll have to kneecap you lol j/k)

@yokhanan In general, did you try to compare both versions? Do you have both versions of mods? And what kind of arguments do you have?

In the new version, shooting their MX is not at all plausible if you shoot in an open spaces, for example in a field or at an airfield. Try it and compare it with the previous version - 6.17.1211. As seems to me, you should see what I'm talking about.  

You say the new version is better? But you did not explain what exactly is it better?

Here are my arguments (than the new version is worse):

1) The new version is completely unacceptable for large open spaces. This sound is more suitable for rooms or a city. When I shoot in open spaces it sounds unnatural. Try shoot at big open spaces and try to feel what I'm saying. Be sure to compare both versions!

2) The new version sounds too dry. Yes, this problem already existed before in JSRS in such weapons as Katiba, Mk20. Before, I already reported this to LJ. I think that now new MX sounds are too dry. Not enough bass, greasiness It has a plastic sound, there's no sensation of low sound (basses). I think any shot, besides other sounds, also should have a deep bass sound. If it does not, then the sound turns into a dry sound  In my personal opinion, it's generally not suitable for the sound of a shot in general, it's more like a man beats an iron bar on a metal barrel. 

3) No sensation of powerfull firing.  Especially if it's a machine gun! When I shoot the old version I feel power! In the new one, there is no

Of course this all - is  just my perception and I can not require LJ to change its mod personal to me.

All I want is that LJ thought about what I'm saying. And otherwise, he can decide on his own whether to leave a new sound or replace it with something even more new. But on the whole, the previous sound was perfect for me. I could even call it the best MX fire sound from all versions of JSRS!

1 hour ago, mickeymen said:

And what kind of arguments do you have?

Yes John, tell us... what are your arguments of liking something? You can't like something if there is no evidence! LOL

Just calm down, Mickey, there has been a mix up in the config entries. The MX was using the AAC sounds for SMA weapons mod. Tho as John said, after I realized the issue, I started to like the new sounds^^ But you are right, the AAC sounds are made for a different type of weapon and I will maybe make a mix up of the two. Personally, I FRIGGIN HATE my MX rifle sounds, the old ones that you like so much! I hate them, I did before, I do now and I will always do because I can' get used to that weapon... to me its... like a toy gun, not by sounds, I mean by look or the way it is... its just ... weird. I cannot get a feeling for this weapon like I do for real weapons that really exist. I dunno... 

Just wait for the next update but be sure that these MX sounds will be gone in future for sure! I personally think that these sounds are my weak spot... I can do make every weapon sound exactly like I want but this one... I dont know. And to be honest it should have the BEST sounds, as that's the "main weapon", the benchmark of the user will always start the game using an MX (Vanilla game). Its like the M16 in Operation Flashpoint, its the first thing we all fired^^

LJ

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Yes John, tell us... what are your arguments of liking something?

I think a person should argue his opinion. The easiest way to say this is better/worse without having any arguments

35 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Just wait for the next update but be sure that these MX sounds will be gone in future for sure! I personally think that these sounds are my weak spot... I can do make every weapon sound exactly like I want but this one... I dont know. And to be honest it should have the BEST sounds, as that's the "main weapon", the benchmark of the user will always start the game using an MX (Vanilla game). Its like the M16 in Operation Flashpoint, its the first thing we all fired^^

LJ

I understand you my Lord

Aliluya!

JSRS Soundmod - 6.17.1222 Changes:

Tweaks:
- Tweaked New MX Sounds for firing have changed - see Fixes
- Tweaked All weapon sounds got revised for correct stacking in the audio engine - No more independently working sounds in distances resulting in multiple pop of only one shot

Fixes:
- Fixed MX Weapon entries were mixed up
- Fixed Wrong inheritance for jet sounds
- Fixed SoundSet.frequencyRandomizer': Missing ';' at the end of line
- Fixed CAS1 Main Cannon sounds restored to (not correctly working) sounds
- Fixed AAF Buzzard were missing all engine sounds - still heavy WIP

By this update I wish you guys great holidays and a pleasant time with your loved ones! Thanks for all the support this year and I hope to see you all in 2018! 

-LordJarhead 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

By this update I wish you guys great holidays and a pleasant time with your loved ones! Thanks for all the support this year and I hope to see you all back in 2018! 

-LordJarhead 

Great work and you too @LordJarhead

3 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Yes John, tell us... what are your arguments of liking something? You can't like something if there is no evidence! LOL

I know where this is going, I've seen the Godfather enough times. We go for a drive, and the only thing that comes back is you and a box of delicious cannolis. :P lol

But I know what you mean. Look at how many times we've taken a crack at those 890's over the years. Sometimes you think finding the perfect sound is far more impossible than bumping into Bigfoot and taking a picture in the woods, haha.

Anyways man, hope you and the fam have a great Christmas and New Year as well man. Here's to a whole new year filled with success for JSRS as well. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22.12.2017 at 4:37 PM, LordJarhead said:

- Fixed MX Weapon entries were mixed up

It's just thinking out loud ... The new version (6.17.1222) of MX sounds no better than the previous version (6.17.1218.1), If I compare this with the sound from 6.17.1211, then it's still sounds bad and unnatural. But maybe my ears lie to me ... Maybe...

LJ! Good luck in the new year and good/ right sounds in your mod

12 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

It's just thinking out loud ... The new version (6.17.1222) of MX sounds no better than the previous version (6.17.1218.1), If I compare this with the sound from 6.17.1211, then it's still sounds bad and unnatural. But maybe my ears lie to me ... Maybe...

Well if it sounds so bad to you, your quite free to ask permission from LJ and create your version of the MX sound.

• Like 1

Interesting.. I don't know how it is possible but with JSRS enabled the AI units like to use their pistols instead of their rifles for long range engagements... So far I've only noticed RHS units doing it... 
Mods enabled: RHS:USAF and AFRF, Project Opfor, Cup terrains. Without JSRS they use their rifles perfectly fine.
Thank you for your great work LJ, Merry Christmas. 

21 minutes ago, Lothear said:

Interesting.. I don't know how it is possible but with JSRS enabled the AI units like to use their pistols instead of their rifles for long range engagements... So far I've only noticed RHS units doing it... 
Mods enabled: RHS:USAF and AFRF, Project Opfor, Cup terrains. Without JSRS they use their rifles perfectly fine.
Thank you for your great work LJ, Merry Christmas. 

Its not likely that JSRS is doing that, it only alters sounds. It doesn't change AI behaviour.

13 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Its not likely that JSRS is doing that, it only alters sounds. It doesn't change AI behaviour.

Well basically it could if I don't inherit correctly. Which I certainly don't at the moment. That's probably a major issue with JSRS currently... 

LJ 

29 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I thought the same until I tested it without JSRS and the problem disappeared. It sure is not a problem of AI behaviour but faulty weapon config, though.

15 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Well basically it could if I don't inherit correctly. Which I certainly don't at the moment. That's probably a major issue with JSRS currently... 

LJ 

LJ, I can provide you with a test mission if necessary.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Lothear said:

I thought the same until I tested it without JSRS and the problem disappeared. It sure is not a problem of AI behaviour but faulty weapon config, though.

LJ, I can provide you with a test mission if necessary.

Thanks.

It would be cool if you know what weapons are involved, exactly. Long range weapons, OK, but what exactly. Like, only USAF or the Russian AFRF as well? Or even some weapons from the GREF, SAF? 

LJ 

2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

It would be cool if you know what weapons are involved, exactly. Long range weapons, OK, but what exactly. Like, only USAF or the Russian AFRF as well? Or even some weapons from the GREF, SAF? 

LJ 

Definitely M4 and MK18. Just place a Marsoc team and basically all will switch to their secondaries. I need to do more testing, however, whether it also happens with AFRF, GREF and SAF.

12 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Well if it sounds so bad to you, your quite free to ask permission from LJ and create your version of the MX sound.

Why do I need it? Did you read what I said before?

I already have the best MX sound (six previous versions, before it was spoiled) , I sure - it's the best fire sound in the history of JSRS. 

There is no need to create a new sound

Can we now stop this stupid discussion? 

Yes you don't like it. Others do like it. That's normal. And JSRS is in constant change. Because I don't let it rest, for good. I would never stop improving myself and my work, that's my hobby. If you want things to stay that way I'd have to stop modding... 

People like this and hate that, that's normal. Now it hit you and you are upset but honestly, no one else seem to care much about that change?!?! So I really don't change things to peoples liking anymore, mate. I'm way past that point and certainly never want to go back to that. The community has changed and I adapted and honestly don't care enough anymore to listen to other people rather than my own opinion or taste. 

LJ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1