Hey Lord Jar been following your work since Arma 2 the new update is bad ass mate. Fantastic stuff.

If only JSRS supported every mod.... 😉

Hi LJ, thank you for your great work that you do and updates!  I have a little difficulty when I started my arma3 with that notice: Addon 'jsrs_soundmod_cup_Vehicles' requires addon 'Cup_AirVehicles_MH47E', only with that mods: cba, cup units, cup vehicles, cup weapons, jsrs soundmod, jsrs reloading sounds, jsrs cup vehicles support, jsrs cup weapons support. And when game starts show that: "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.cup_airvehicles_mh47e'.",  I don't have mh47e, only ch47f, I don't know if I am doing the right thing by writing it here, but maybe you help with it. All mods have last updates.   

Thanks again for your work!

Hello LJ, sorry for my post, my fault is that I install the old version of CUP vehicles mod and there is a cause error.

• Like 1

Hello LJ! 

I enjoy your mod. but still I want to ask you to pay more attention to the pistols.

It seems to me that today (v. 6.19.0130) all pistols (except Zubr 45 Revolver) sound too weak and to too dry. It seems to me that there is a shortage of low frequencies, that most rifles already have (your last updates of rifles) The bass of carbines sound great, but now pistols also need low sounds.

For example, Makarov pistol is not at all like the original shot,  I know this because I shot a real Makarov pistol several times. In real It should sound much more powerful. In general, my thought - if the hand guns will sound more louder and powerful (without supressors), it will be much better and more realistic. IMHO

PS: Tanks and vehicles sound like masterpieces! Even Each sound of an entrance (the door or the hatch opens / closes) is a masterpiece. Thank you for being with us. 

• Like 2

I would just like to add my voice to the choir. Where JSRS has gone through many design visions, I feel that the latest one is the best yet. The clear distinctions of distance and weapon type.  Add to this widely ranging support for mods. Beautiful. 

-k 

• Like 5

Hello @LordJarhead

Is it possible to increase the sound echo/reverb volume? I was going through your files and there is lot of cool stuff, which I never really heard or notice ingame. I was using Enhanced Soundscape with my own custom sounds, which I made a bit louder.

I've never shot a gun so I might be wrong, but if you shoot a rifle inside a forest, it gets pretty lound on the echo, doesn't it?

(for cinematic purposes)

Thank you for your answer, and thank you for your hard work and time you put into this modification.

Is it still required to manually install Apex files? or are they included and activated automatically by the workshop install? Thanks for the nice sounds.

@LJ:

Just needed to drop in to tell you, that the sounds for bullets whizzing by your ears are really the very first cream now, as we say in Franken

😊

Many thanks!

• Haha 1

Hey users, does anyone hear the sound bullet hit into a player’s character (first-person view)?

At me,  when the bullets fall into the player, there are no any sounds. It's just zero

I remember very well the old versionns of vanilla game or the old versions of JSRS, there was the sound of hitting the body or body armor in first-person view (when a player character is injured or killed). it was very cool

LJ, please add these hit-sounds for better immersion in the gameplay! 

Or is it impossible in new versions JSRS?

Hi @LordJarhead,

I encountered a bug. If you heal from medical vehicle (or medical tent) you get healing sound loop. It can be stopped only by injuring myself and using FAK (but that doesn't heal you to 100%). This bug doesn't occur when you use other AI to heal you.

Do you heard about that? If yes, could you please add unresolved bugs section to OP on the first page. 😎 Keep your good work!!!

Best regards

Hans(z)

21 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi @LordJarhead,

I encountered a bug. If you heal from medical vehicle (or medical tent) you get healing sound loop. It can be stopped only by injuring myself and using FAK (but that doesn't heal you to 100%). This bug doesn't occur when you use other AI to heal you.

Do you heard about that? If yes, could you please add unresolved bugs section to OP on the first page. 😎 Keep your good work!!!

Best regards

Hans(z)

Probably not a JSRS bug. Me and my group use JSRS quite frequently with ACE and other mods and never ran into that issue. I also think JSRS doesn't have a "healing" sound as you mentioned.

1 hour ago, kerozen said:

Probably not a JSRS bug. Me and my group use JSRS quite frequently with ACE and other mods and never ran into that issue. I also think JSRS doesn't have a "healing" sound as you mentioned.

100% JSRS bug, I tested it with vanila + JSRS + JSRS reloading sounds, 2nd time with only JSRS loaded and I was still getting healing sound loop when I healed at ambulance van (medical tent).

2 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

100% JSRS bug, I tested it with vanila + JSRS + JSRS reloading sounds, 2nd time with only JSRS loaded and I was still getting healing sound loop when I healed at ambulance van (medical tent).

ur right

On 4/1/2019 at 10:22 PM, Hans(z) said:

Yes i can confirm.I repored this bug years ago. It has been in all iterations of the mod as far as i remember.

I simply avoid using medic vehicles...small price to pay for such astounding sounds.

INFORMATION 

For private and professional reasons, I can not continue this project until indefinitely. In addition, the theft within our community continues and not only destroys the reputation of the original authors but also provides for problems within different versions. Therefore, I see myself forced to take this step. 

I ask for understanding. 

Thank you for years of support! It was a splendid time! I`ll keep the mod available over Steam Workshop, License and copyrights stay intact! But that wont stop the theft and multiplication of further, mixed versions that will cause problems.

-LordJarhead

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 25

@LordJarheadsorry to see you go. Have and continue to love your mod for years.

Will you be leaving the mod up and just closing this thread or, pulling the mod itself as well? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gogsworld said:

@LordJarheadsorry to see you go. Have and continue to love your mod for years.

Will you be leaving the mod up and just closing this thread or, pulling the mod itself as well? 

I updated my post. I`ll keep things available over Steam Workshop. Only the thread here can be closed, please.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Thank you SOOOO much for your work on this mod over the years. It's a superb enhancement to immersion within ARMA.

I can only echo  gogsworld's statement of being really sorry that circumstances now mean that you can't continue with the mod.

Best wishes

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

I updated my post. I`ll keep things available over Steam Workshop. Only the thread here can be closed, please.

Closed per request

Hello everyone,

I would like to apologize primarily for my hastily and sort of unprofessional handling of my situation. It was in no way my intention to abandon this project. The current anticipation of subscribers shows the great and constant interest in my work, and I would like to continue this. I'd just like to explain my situation and the idea as on how to continue.

For some clarification: I get informed like each day about content ripped off from my work, being used in other mods I did not support or reuploaded as a so called "extended" of even "fixed" version by others. The daily inform about the stolen content is exhausting and straining.

The other thing is that my efforts move slowly away from modding towards commercial business projects. Which is a really hard decision to make and a tough learning curve. Tho, lately I worked ahead of things, so I got time to chill and think about how to handle my work and this mod. Made me see clearly that I want to continue with modding, as some sort of stress release. But the anticipation by me won't be the same as of timely reasons.

A good point I might can bring to your attention, is that if you are an artist, let's say a musician, it's likely that you are unable to work on two different tracks the same time. Like one is a hip hop song, the other is orchestra. You can't mix these two simultaneously and swap back and forth with them. So you need to go step by step, song by song. Same goes for my sound design. I can dig deeply into one specific idea of how a sound/game should sounds like, by watching its style, design and gameplay elements, but I can't work on two games with different sounds and styles the same time. At least I couldn't. I found out that I need some time of transition between the both in order to fully get back into one idea and style of a sound.

It's hard to explain. But if I don't want both to sound the same, I need to distance myself from one to fully focus on the other. And the time in between these two is key. Earlier, when I tried that, I needed a break from sound design completely. I took a break, went and played other games, watching movies, got away from gaming at all. Took me a couple of days or even weeks to get back with the idea I needed.

Nowadays the transition time, based on focused training and keeping both ideas always looping in the back of my head, takes a little more than a day. Making me to able to work on multiple projects with minimal effort to get into the other Sound design.

So all that was taking a lot of time to train and maintain the technique. Might be easier for others, was a sharp learning curve for me. But I got it.

So when ever I get the time off of my commercial projects I can and will spent some time back into this. I used the last couple of free hours to work myself back into JSRS, which I did not do since the last update in January, and it felt splendid to be able to have basically no rules in a non commercial project again. It's the kind of work that you don't have to worry too much about as of consequences or licenses or commercial pressure, deadlines, comparisons, QA issues and so on and on. You are the one making the decision, you go as you like.

So, to capture all this in a simplistic way: The theft upset me, the commercial project grabbed me and the learning curves where horrible at first. But, and that's a big "but", I guess we can all benefit from this. My idea of clean and slick sounds are different now, I have access to some of the best libraries I can imagine, get to travel the world, meet new people, learn new things, techniques and learn about new software, and I can all invest this into JSRS at some point.

Now, that I've stated what's going on lately and why sh*t hit the fan for me and I'd like to throw in a topic that we have to talk about. I need someone to help me out in the future. Mods do update, and when I want this mod to still support other mods, and ArmA3 itself, I'd have to keep track of all those things. So I'd like to give the maintaining part in different hands. Someone who's able to work on sound configs, knows about correct file patching and class updates, error fixing and all these stuff. I can probably fix most issues, but the time is my problem right now. So maybe there is someone with us here knowing something about modding, is reliable and trustworthy and loyal to ArmA and its community.

If you think you're the one, let me know and send me an pm.

For a final note, as I said earlier, I'd like to thank you all for the support, and I know its a bit of a back and forth with this thread. But I should have kept this open right from the beginning before I had to beg R0adki11 to open this again. Was a bit hasty and bitchy, I know that.

On a good note back on the topic, as I proceed further into the sound design section and get more and more really amazing sound libraries, I was able to grab one that Squad mate its distinctive sounds from! Sonic Cracks, Explosions, heavy machine guns and cannons will surely benefit from it. I'll see if I can at some point be a bit more precisely on how the sound of the future JSRS will change!

For now, thank you, hope you have a nice week, and I will be back with more! I hope I could elaborate my situation and acting a little, and hope to have you around for my future work!

As a side note, you can expect my work in an upcoming CDLC project and its going to be spectacular! So even if I'm not here, I'm still around 🙂

Thank you!

-LordJarhead

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14

Thanks for filling us in, good luck with everything!

Whatever happens, I’m sure you’ll crush it just like with your sound work!

I was a little bit shocked some days ago when I randomly heard that you stopped the development on this mod. JSRS is still one of my favorite mods out here. 
I totally understood and still do understand your reasoning but I'm also sure that I was definitely not the only one being really sad about this news.

Hear/Reading this explanation shows though that its not like you hate everything about this community which is good to hear. Everyone knows that there are sadly some bad apples in this community but I'm always happy to see how generally great it is overall. 

I hope you find someone who can give you a helping hand with this mod.
Good luck with your contribution to the CDLC. Looking forward to !!!hear!!! something about it. 

Many Greetings
Moony

• Like 3

Glad to hear after some time off to clear your heart and mind you decided to come back! The game just wouldn't be--er, sound--the same without you here in the community.