4 hours ago, Maj Ray said:

I'm seeing errors such as these pop up in my server's RPT after the latest JSRS update:

Is this due to the server not running JSRS? We whitelist certain versions of JSRS via ACE whitelisting.

It's because of the reloading sounds for weapons. You need to deactivate the JSRS Soundmod extras bikey to prevent any clients with jsrs reloading sounds to join the server. Otherwise you would have to take this in account 

LJ Thanks for the updates.

I have long wanted to ask you why in your mod there is no sound for swimming, both on the water surface and under the surface (diver)?

If this is not problematic for you, please add these sounds to your amazing mod. 

5 hours ago, mickeymen said:

LJ Thanks for the updates.

I have long wanted to ask you why in your mod there is no sound for swimming, both on the water surface and under the surface (diver)?

If this is not problematic for you, please add these sounds to your amazing mod. 

Hey Mickey, 

Oh I didn't even notice that. I'll have a look at it :) 

LJ 

• Thanks 1

LJ - This is an awesome mod.

Quick question - I've recently changed to the version on steam after a while of not playing arma. What's happened to distant sound on the a-164 wipeout's gatling? It just sounds as if you're stood next to it or you're the pilot. Hope you don't mind but i checked the files just to check and the sound file is there for it and it is(CAS.ogg) but the config only uses CAS_01.ogg and CAS_02.ogg. It's not a massive problem but it doesn't quite sound right when you know what it should sound like.

Thanks in advance :)

On 31.07.2018 at 6:03 AM, LordJarhead said:

Hey Mickey, 

Oh I didn't even notice that. I'll have a look at it :) 

LJ 

This is good news. LJ Please try also to add the sound of falling into the water. For example, when a paratrooper lands in the sea or when a player falls/jumps into the water from a ship/attackboat

Can the player somehow tweak some of the sounds levels so that they reach to a personal comfort?

For example I find wind way too loud even with it set at zero.With the wind so loud i can't enjoy the rest of your masterpiece sounds and makes me tired after 5 minutes of gameplay :(.

Appreciate all the responses

Hi i got two questions:

-Does a server needs to be running JSRS too to hear the ambient sounds like wind?

-Are those kind of ambient sounds restricted to vanilla maps only?

22 hours ago, Armagedonas said:

Can the player somehow tweak some of the sounds levels so that they reach to a personal comfort?

For example I find wind way too loud even with it set at zero.With the wind so loud i can't enjoy the rest of your masterpiece sounds and makes me tired after 5 minutes of gameplay :(.

Appreciate all the responses

Hmm that sounds odd. Because I can completely mute my wind noises when being on wind level 0 and 0 overcast. Maybe your mod got a little mixed up or you play with another addon/user made map?

6 minutes ago, Potato210 said:

Hi i got two questions:

-Does a server needs to be running JSRS too to hear the ambient sounds like wind?

-Are those kind of ambient sounds restricted to vanilla maps only?

1. No, this mod is client side and the does not need to do anything else than allow the mod for clients to join with it.

2. They are not restricted, they are open and cover the vanilla map assets. If a user made map uses those vanilla assets and sound setups, it will use the JSRS ones.

Hope I could help,

LJ

I love your mod, plus a contribution for you to improve even more! :3

PS: Make a channel on Discord for you, so everyone can send suggestions in real time!

The wind sounds could be related to some things we're seeing with ACE weather at the moment. If we query the server for wind strength, we often see it 10m/s+. Throwing smoke grenades shows them acting as if there is a 10m/s wind strength (i.e acting as if there's a very strong wind). However, shift-K or Kestrel measurements at ground level report a wind speed of zero. (Climbing a hill will start to result in measurements above 0 on the Kestrel)

So I suspect JSRS is using the 10m/s for wind strength at altitude. 

It might be we've got some settings incorrect in ACE but it feels like it's handling the atmospheric boundary layer incorrectly in how we've got it setup. 

(But these symptoms do seem to tally with Armagedonas)

Annoyingly, I'm not able to re-create this in a single player scenario so again hints at something specific to our server settings...

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 12:25 AM, LordJarhead said:

Hmm that sounds odd. Because I can completely mute my wind noises when being on wind level 0 and 0 overcast. Maybe your mod got a little mixed up or you play with another addon/user made map?

Hope I could help,

LJ

No other mods conflicting and using vanilla maps. I can get zero wind at sea level but at the same time when gaining elevation wind starts sounding aggressively loud.

34 minutes ago, Armagedonas said:

No other mods conflicting and using vanilla maps. I can get zero wind at sea level but at the same time when gaining elevation wind starts sounding aggressively loud.

Ah ok, I got that.... thanks for the hint. I can already see my issue!

Thanks for the heads up,

LJ

• Thanks 1

Hey LJ,

just little heads-up. The AFRF support mod has made the Pecheneg to have a single fire mode, but it is supposed to be only full auto.
Hope you can take a look. Many thanks.

31 minutes ago, Lothear said:

Hey LJ,

just little heads-up. The AFRF support mod has made the Pecheneg to have a single fire mode, but it is supposed to be only full auto.
Hope you can take a look. Many thanks.

Oh ok, thank you very much for the information. I'll have a look into this!

LJ

A bit of my latest work:

I made new suppressed weapon and reloading sounds, plus reloading sounds for RHS weapons.

Hope you enjoy, don't mind my muted mistake there in the video! :)

LJ

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi LJ,

in the past there were issues with your RHS mod in dedicated. Are the issues solved? Is it working now fine with dedi like your base mod?

• Like 2

On 13.8.2018 at 7:22 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Hi LJ,

in the past there were issues with your RHS mod in dedicated. Are the issues solved? Is it working now fine with dedi like your base mod?

Hello, 

I can't say for sure. There are still problems I believe. People report of being unable to hear certain weapon sounds. I'm still trying to figure that out. That's mostly a difference in mod lists by different clients on the same server. 

LJ 

4 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

People report of being unable to hear certain weapon sounds

Had that too last weekend. I couldn't hear my own weapon. Didn't even think of JSRS being the problem. I thought I broke something on my end which happens quite often ^^
Missing sounds should be logged to RPT right? I think it was a RHS weapon. Maybe I still have the RPT laying around, probably not though. I'll remember to write down the weapon and ammo names next time it happens.

12 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Had that too last weekend. I couldn't hear my own weapon. Didn't even think of JSRS being the problem. I thought I broke something on my end which happens quite often ^^
Missing sounds should be logged to RPT right? I think it was a RHS weapon. Maybe I still have the RPT laying around, probably not though. I'll remember to write down the weapon and ammo names next time it happens.

In most cases it is more of an broadcast issue than a missing sound or a wrong file path. One time everything is fine, next round a different client joins the game, something goes wrong, no logs what so ever... This is really a problem no body can properly describe a reason for nonetheless have a solution... A solution besides disabling JSRS_Soundmod completely which would fix it I guess. 

LJ 

So I update JSRS_Soundmod and the RHS compat. Here is the general changelog:

JSRS Soundmod - 6.18.0820 Changes:
Tweaks

- Tweaked All silenced weapon sounds got tweaked
- Tweaked Volume of direct reflection while on meadows got lowered
- Tweaked Almost all weapon reloading sounds got reworked
- Tweaked Movement on solid surfaces more audible
- Tweaked Reloading sounds are sounding more metallic
- Tweaked Separated RHS compat configs in all for variants (AFRF, USAF, GREF, SAF)
- Tweaked All RHS compat configs got overhauled
- Tweaked Massive Soniccracks overhaul (Finally new field recordings)

Additions
- Added Weapon shaking sound effects when firing
- Added All weapons got new silencer sounds, more different weapon types added
- Added New Soniccrack sounds based on field recordings
- Added New Reloading sounds for SMA weapons
- Added New sounds for warhead launchers
- Added New reflections for launchers
- Added New BiKeys for RHS compat (jsrs_soundmod_rhs_compat.bikey)
- Added New sounds for M590 (Shot, Reloading, and Pump) (RHS)
- Added New proper sounds for the Type115 ARX .50
- Added New sounds for GMG20, GMG40, and MK19 (RHS)
- Added New DSHK sounds (RHS)
- Added B_12Gauge_Slug to compat

Fixes
- Fixed Updating base classes for SMG01 and PDW2000
- Fixed Compat updating base classes for RHS weapons
- Fixed GMG20 and GMG40 were using the wrong sounds
- Fixed Some reloading sounds were not synced (incl. RHS)

On a further note, I had the chance to learn a lot about ammunition, different calibers and passing bullet sounds (Cracks, Snaps and so on). I was all wrong with my approach in JSRS and I had to rethink my decisions and creations. I worked out a new way to produce a correct sound, always having an eye out for the realistic bullet behavior for each bullet and caliber.  So with this update, I want to show you my new approach to realistic bullet snaps, I really hope you like it. All sounds come from a high-quality library and own field recordings.

Besides that, I tried to get in contact with RHS (PuFu) and see if we might be able to work out the issues that we have with RHS in combination with JSRS. I try my best to get it working. Today I present you my latest development in which I made good progress. Most issues should be fixed, at least all Updating Base Class reports got fixed (Besides the one that I don't get at the moment) and I separated the SAF and GREF mods into two individual mods. So go ahead and give these a try :)

RHS AFRF SUPPORT Sounds
RHS USAF SUPPORT Sounds
RHS GREF SUPPORT Sounds
RHS SAF SUPPORT Sounds

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Besides that, I tried to get in contact with RHS (PuFu) and see if we might be able to work out the issues that we have with RHS in combination with JSRS. Sadly there was no response at all, which felt like a punch in the face for just asking nicely. So I get it. It is not desired that both mods work together. But I try my best to get it working, even without the help of these people. Today I present you my latest development in which I made good progress. Most issues should be fixed, at least all Updating Base Class reports got fixed (Besides the one that I don't get at the moment) and I separated the SAF and GREF mods into two individual mods. So go ahead and give these a try :)

sorry if you feel that way, it wasn't by any means a voluntary ignore, i was swamped with messages from different places, including BIF and i completely forgot to reply to you. You have a PM.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update!

Just noticed a slight bug, the MP5SD with the integrated silencer from NIA ARSENAL does not sound suppressed where as the other variants with the removable silencer DO when attached. Thanks for all your hard work!

11 minutes ago, PuFu said:

sorry if you feel that way, it wasn't by any means a voluntary ignore, i was swamped with messages from different places, including BIF and i completely forgot to reply to you. You have a PM.

Thank you for the response, I was a little hot headed on that. I'm sry! 

@All

• Like 1

playing with this new update feels like having sex with the hottest 100 women on planet earth at the same time :D

on a side note , please give weapon firing sound a little more volume 

• Haha 2