Since the Arma 3 Tac Ops update the firing of weapons of other players cannot be heard but AI entities can be heard fine. Is this a issue only to me or a problem experienced by others?

Jarhead,

As a long-time user of your mod, I've always enjoyed each new version you come out with.  This afternoon, I decided to look at your SMA sounds.  I don't normally play with SMA weapons, but I thought I might get a sneak peak of what sounds you may also use for the RHS weapons (which I know are still in work).  I only really had time to mess with the M4/CQBR (referred to as MK18)/416 weapons.  Some thoughts (on the SMA sounds) and congratulations:

- The all seem to have more punch.  I'm not sure they need as much punch, but some added punch is nice to hear.

- The 416 is REALLY impressive.  I swear I'm hearing the op-rod/piston in your sound every so often that I don't hear in the other sounds.  I notice that with a real 416, as well, so it was great to hear it.

- The M4 sounds like an M4!  I like the original RHS sounds, but yours just sounds a little more M4-ish, at least to me.

- The CQBR should sound the same as the M4.  It seems like you have it sounding different.  Yes, one is shorter than the other, and might be slightly louder, but at the end of the day, it's the same basic sound since it's the same weapon.

Again, that 416 was nice.  And with a suppressor, it's still loud standing next to it (as it should be) , but still hard to figure out direction when you're down range.  Nice work!  Thanks for continuing to work this addon.

• Like 4

Hi LJ, can you please look into the silenced sound of the HK417, it's way to silent (compare to the 416, which indeed sounds about right)?

On 1.12.2017 at 7:05 PM, IlI Tay IlI said:

Since the Arma 3 Tac Ops update the firing of weapons of other players cannot be heard but AI entities can be heard fine. Is this a issue only to me or a problem experienced by others?

This is a problem that can happen if you have a client side mod mismatch. Like on of the clients is using RHS while everyone else is not.

Besides that, I can't really determine any sort of real bugs and problems right now, there where reports of such after the last big update. But on my end, things work fine and smooth, besides some updating base class RPTs.

LJ

Hello, I just found this weird bug. When JSRS mod loaded, laser guided artillery shell and guided artillery shells aren't doing its job. They don't guide to anything. I'm sure it's JSRS's issue because I tested this with vanilla and with other mods. Only when jsrs is loaded have this problem occur.

Way to reproduce: Start the game with JSRS loaded. Place down an artillery unit and support module set. Also place down infantry observer to laze the target. Play as the inf observer, request laser guided arty or guided arty to a specific vehicle target. The artillery doesn't hit the target. (Whereas without JSRS mod, the laser guided artillery hits the exact spot I have been lasing.)   (Mod version: steam workshop version of JSRS soundmod, game version: stable)

Please look into this bug. This bug is ruining artillery support play.

3 hours ago, dht78 said:

Hello, I just found this weird bug. When JSRS mod loaded, laser guided artillery shell and guided artillery shells aren't doing its job. They don't guide to anything. I'm sure it's JSRS's issue because I tested this with vanilla and with other mods. Only when jsrs is loaded have this problem occur.

Way to reproduce: Start the game with JSRS loaded. Place down an artillery unit and support module set. Also place down infantry observer to laze the target. Play as the inf observer, request laser guided arty or guided arty to a specific vehicle target. The artillery doesn't hit the target. (Whereas without JSRS mod, the laser guided artillery hits the exact spot I have been lasing.)   (Mod version: steam workshop version of JSRS soundmod, game version: stable)

Please look into this bug. This bug is ruining artillery support play.

Well,  first let me say that this is a really great Bug report! Thank you for that!

Secondly, I found the mentioned issue, it was an updating base class so the M_Mo_120mm_AT inherited from the wrong superclass. I'll get that fixed with the next update :)

LJ

• Like 1

JSRS Soundmod - 6.17.1206 Changes:

Additions:
- Added several new gun mechanic sounds for silenced firing

Tweaks:
- Tweaked Volume and distances for close firing
- Tweaked SD weapon sound volume and gun mechanics
- Tweaked Weapon sounds for all AK family weapons (AKM, AK12, AK100+, AKS74U, AK74M...)
- Tweaked Weapon sounds for some of the M4/M16/HK/SPAR family weapons
- Tweaked 4Five Pistol weapon sounds now sound more like .45

Fixes:
- Fixed Updating base class for M_Mo_120mm_AT made guided missiles inaccurate (Cfg Soniccracks and explosions)
- Fixed SMA M4 weapons had no firing sounds for full auto
- Fixed SMA Tavor had no Silencer sounds
- Fixed Weapon MMG1 Navid used wrong weapon sounds

LJ

• Like 4

You did it again LordJarhead wrong version in the mod.ccp file.

Can I just change it myself or will we have to download the whole mod again ?

Cheers.

Its simple text file that needs to be changed. Do you really have to redownload the whole mod because of that change??

LJ

5 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Its simple text file that needs to be changed. Do you really have to redownload the whole mod because of that change??

LJ

Who knows LJ if the mod.ccp file says its wrong then there's every chance the whole mod is the wrong version. I was just letting you know I wasn't trying to be a smart ass so I would appreciate you not being a smart ass to me ok. 

Just now, cb65 said:

Who knows LJ if the mod.ccp file says its wrong then there's every chance the whole mod is the wrong version. I was just letting you know I wasn't trying to be a smart ass so I would appreciate you not being a smart ass to me ok. 

Hehe no no, I wasn't, mate. I was just not sure if you really have to download the whole thing because of a simple small change. Because that would make the whole Steam Workshop thing pointless actually. I gonna make some further updates anyways and than change the version in a correct manner either ;)

LJ

• Like 1

Added several new gun mechanic sounds for silenced firing

New sounds of silenced firing have good sound, but still I will miss the previous sounds.
As seems to me, LJ, you could save old sounds for some weapons, as I notice that sometimes different weapons from your mod, have the same sound when shooting with supressor. 
Preserving old sounds for two-three types of weapons could make the sound of your mod more diverse.

Hi LJ, Thank you for continuously improving your mod! The silenced HK417 in the SMA pack is still way too silent compared to HK416 sound. The unsilenced version is spot on though.

4 hours ago, Biflioi said:

Hi LJ, Thank you for continuously improving your mod! The silenced HK417 in the SMA pack is still way too silent compared to HK416 sound. The unsilenced version is spot on though.

Oh ok  I'll gonna take a look at it :) 

Edit: I checked, the sound is not too silent, its not exiting, lol! I'll fix that ;)

LJ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got a message about some trouble locating the shooters position. Does anyone else sometimes has trouble? And if so, what sound system are you using? 5.1, stereo, speaker or headphones? 

I noticed that myself, but on my end its very much depending on my setup. While I have some trouble some times locatiing a shooter on a 5.1 system it was fairly impossible to locate a shooter on a stereo desktop system. On my stereo headphones it works pretty well tho. 

I'll try to address this problem by tweaking the soniccracks a little, with a bit of dynamic range. So the volume falls down shortly after the first crack and give the shooters weapon sound some room to be heard.

LJ

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Does anyone else sometimes has trouble? And if so, what sound system are you using? 5.1, stereo, speaker or headphones? 

No any problems. I use stereo with headphones

1 hour ago, mickeymen said:

No any problems. I use stereo with headphones

So it's probably like I assumed that a stereo headphone's the best choice for the game... 

LJ 

It's interesting you mention this.  I have noticed this, but figured it was just the limitations of my 2-speaker setup.  If you're able to tweak it, that would be great.

Last weekend I was at a rifle match and was about 100y down range, but laterally off-set, so we would hear the crack as the bullet went by, then hear the report of the rifle immediately afterwards.  It was very clear which was which in reality, and where the shooter was located (direction).

Hello! Really been enjoying JSRS, adds much more flavour to the game.

However, I have some feedback:

• The volume inside the vehicles (or at least, the gunner seat) when they're fired is way too loud. Could this be reduced, please? (levels similar to the vanilla game's audio would be nice i think)
  • RPT had this error for all helicopters that I tried: 0:18:34 Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_helicopters\sounds\shared\\gear_up_in.ogg not found !!!
  • The game ended up crashing while i was in the Kajman. Didn't generate any crash dumps, and the RPT seemed to not hold any clues. Was only running JSRS. See video of the moments preceding and up until the crash:

I admittedly haven't tried reproducing it, so it could be a random thing.

If you rewind a few minutes then you can see what i mean by the vehicle turret noises being too loud from inside.

17 hours ago, kartaviy said:

Hey LordJarhead, I have a request for you. Can you make a small gift to me. I can not figure out how to set up individual sounds for a separate surface. For example, I want to change rocket explosions for metal. Link  In Arma 2 it was much easier

There is no such option, at least no in the new sound system. The old one separated between each sort of material (wood, Stone, Metal and so on) but the new one has just "SoundSetExplosion" and that handles everything by controllers, and there is no such controller to separate materials. At least not that I know.. There is a list with current controllers and where they get applied. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Sound:_SoundControllers

2 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

Hello! Really been enjoying JSRS, adds much more flavour to the game.

However, I have some feedback:

• The volume inside the vehicles (or at least, the gunner seat) when they're fired is way too loud. Could this be reduced, please? (levels similar to the vanilla game's audio would be nice i think)
  • RPT had this error for all helicopters that I tried: 0:18:34 Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_helicopters\sounds\shared\\gear_up_in.ogg not found !!!
  • The game ended up crashing while i was in the Kajman. Didn't generate any crash dumps, and the RPT seemed to not hold any clues. Was only running JSRS. See video of the moments preceding and up until the crash:

I admittedly haven't tried reproducing it, so it could be a random thing.

If you rewind a few minutes then you can see what i mean by the vehicle turret noises being too loud from inside.

These errors can be tweaked. The last CTD is probably caused by the looping sounds of the gatling cannon. Do you play in 64bit? That might also have an impact. I get these things tweaked asap.

LJ

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kartaviy said:

LordJarhead, Thanks for the answer.

You can make more changes for RHS?SVD on sound shoots exactly the same as AK-74. M4 and AK47 are practically the same.

The SVD sounds similar to an AK, yes. But there is no way M4 and Ak47 sound the same, neither in JSRS nor in rhs Oo

LJ 

21 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Do you play in 64bit?

Yup, 64-bit with large memory pages enabled.

21 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

I get these things tweaked asap.

Much appreciated! :)

JSRS Soundmod - 6.17.1218 Changes:

Additions:
- Added New Jet sounds got added - WIP

Tweaks
- Tweaked Gau8 sounds got changed, not really working great because of missing SoundSet system
- Tweaked Cannon sounds for Blackfoot and Kajman
- Tweaked Interior vehicle weapon sounds were too loud

Fixes:
- Fixed RPT "Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_helicopters\sounds\shared\\gear_up_in.ogg not found"
- Fixed Sevaral RPTs "Missing ';' at the end of line"
- Fixed Missing Cas01 cannon sounds
- Fixed CTD after Kajman firing main cannon

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1