1 hour ago, LordJarhead said:

Maybe someone can support me, anyone having this issue can maybe look up his RPT log file and see if a certain config is named? A config file should be named or addressed.

Thanks,

LJ

1:36:11 SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!
 1:36:13 SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!
 1:36:15 Warning Message: Config: array does not have 2 entries.

Thanks,

CB.

7 hours ago, stburr91 said:

I'm getting the same error.  

I dont have it, but i use 3 JSRS - standard, extra sounds and RHS config.

great work as always JR, i just want to say that the explosion sounds feels very low ...

• Like 1

Yeah I must admit that the explosion sounds tend to be a bit too quiet for my liking. However,  sounds are getting closer to squad's sounds which is nice! Now, I have had this one specific issue for I don't know how long, probably since the first jsrs I've downloaded years ago where wind sounds are way too loud compared to gunshots etc. This forces us to use radio comms over voip in some occasions because otherwise you'd have to be shouting at all times. 

Now, I'm not even sure that is this clearly an jsrs issue or issue from other mods which we are currently running since we're running approx 70 mods including ace, alive, cup, asr ai and all that good stuff. The thing is that even when wind and all is set to 0, it still might get windy despite the fact that I've tried my best to force every single weather script into the game to stop it from occurring. 

It feels like there is never a completely silent moment as the wind hums somewhere in the background. 

Any help regarding this issue would be appreciated!  

Thanks.

@Jacali I think the wind noises might be a hint where the error message comes from. Maybe it's the environmental system or something. I'll have to take a look at things. Also I will certainly increase the volume of these explosion sounds. I find them a little low as well. Tho I was just happy to have them in-game and didn't come to tweaking yet.

I'll update you asap. 

LJ

• Like 3

LJ maybe your mod had problem with ACE3 together. I was using ACE3 and I guess ACE3 adjusts environmental system.

I think I already found the problem. The weapon CAS2 for vehicles weapons caused it. There was an entry like:

rangeCurve[] = {{ 000 },{ 20,1 },{ 150,0 }};

which should have been

rangeCurve[] = {{ 0,0 },{ 20,1 },{ 150,0 }};

I fixed that and will upload the update in a few ;)

LJ

edit:

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0807 Changes:

Additions:

- Added New interior firing sounds for all weapons

Tweaks:

- Tweaked Explosion sound volumes for Mortar and Shell impacts were too low
- Tweaked Weapon firing sound volumes where too low

Fixes:

- Fixed Error message Config: array does not have 2 entries
- Fixed CAS2 weapon sound distances had a wrong numbering

JSRS Soundmod RHS - 5.17.0807 Changes:

- Fixed Conflicting addon JSRS_SOUNDMOD_AK103_RHS

• Like 3

I just checked and it works fine. Thanks for the fast fix LJ

One question, is the plant to make RHS JSRS splitted to RHS Mods still valid? It would be nice to have them somehow modular. I would like to your RHS JSRS but the need of downloading GREF and Serbia which I will never use is the blocker for me :/

11 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

I just checked and it works fine. Thanks for the fast fix LJ

One question, is the plant to make RHS JSRS splitted to RHS Mods still valid? It would be nice to have them somehow modular. I would like to your RHS JSRS but the need of downloading GREF and Serbia which I will never use is the blocker for me :/

Yeah I'll separate things eventually ;)

LJ

• Like 1

Most of the miniguns aren't sounding correctly; they have the sonic cracks per shot but not the actual minigun firing sound. The regular minigun also has the massive 30mm minigun explosion sound when fired at the camera, video below shows.

All versions of the UH-80 Ghosthawk, CH-67 Huron, PO-30 Orca, Speedboat Minigun, and Qilin (Armed) have this problem. The WY-55 Hellcat and AH-9 Pawnee have the minigun firing sound.

Latest versions of Arma 3 and JSRS installed, no other mods.

Does anyone else find that certain concrete surfaces give off a very grating sound of rocks being ground underneath your boots? Runways do this and I think smaller paved roads, but the major paved roads don't have the crunching rock noise. I don't mind the sound by itself but hearing it every step gets a bit grating on the ears with headphones. Very minor issue though.

So I've been using your mod for a while, and it's pretty great, however I've noticed that on a certain terrain type it sounds like you're walking on a wooden floor instead of what looks like dirt. I don't know if it could have just been the map itself (Panthera), but I think it wouldn't hurt to check.

Hi LJ,
FYI
RHS P-37 Radar is also causing array issue. That thing is under objects and not vehicles I guess so you might miss it when you fixed the first issue.

On 10.8.2017 at 0:55 PM, GordonWeedman said:

So I've been using your mod for a while, and it's pretty great, however I've noticed that on a certain terrain type it sounds like you're walking on a wooden floor instead of what looks like dirt. I don't know if it could have just been the map itself (Panthera), but I think it wouldn't hurt to check.

This is a problem with most third party maps. He's probably using a sound controller that works with vanilla sounds but not with JSRS'. I'm not sure what else to do as it's up the maps author to change his controller ... 

3 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Hi LJ,
FYI
RHS P-37 Radar is also causing array issue. That thing is under objects and not vehicles I guess so you might miss it when you fixed the first issue.

Is it still there? I got that array fixed which was mostly the only one I found so far...

LJ

Hi LJ!

Do you work on the sound of the player's breathing? 
The fact is that when the player's character is completely tired (unable to sprint), then he does not have a heavy breathing. At this moment, I do not hear anything at all! This is not good. Can you add this detail? I remember OFP, there besides the heavy breathing was also realized the knock of the heart. I miss all these details, unfortunately today in Arma3 we do not have this (

PS: As it seems to me, in general, the player's breath when completely tired (should be louder than breathing, when the player's character still has strength. 
Please consider this issue in your mod

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Hi LJ!

Do you work on the sound of the player's breathing? 
The fact is that when the player's character is completely tired (unable to sprint), then he does not have a heavy breathing. At this moment, I do not hear anything at all! This is not good. Can you add this detail? I remember OFP, there besides the heavy breathing was also realized the knock of the heart. I miss all these details, unfortunately today in Arma3 we do not have this (

PS: As it seems to me, in general, the player's breath when completely tired (should be louder than breathing, when the player's character still has strength. 
Please consider this issue in your mod

It's something I noticed myself several times already. Maybe I can increase the volume on the vanilla breathing sounds a little for the highest fatigue. Also I maybe going to reduced the "pain" breathing sounds a little, make a little pause between two of these sounds as the character cries like every half second and that's really annoyingly!

LJ

• Like 2

Man i played with Your mod little longer and its..... unquestionally THE BEST. Tanks... och i heard them frrom much further than vanilla, it really deserve focus while being on battlefield - to know where is enemy armor - you just made it possible.
Distant shots makes me wanna think is it real - outside my house or in game. I dont know if its my speakers, my room or just sound samples with distand filters, but it was veeery enjoyable.
Vehicle sounds while hitting something - You just convinced me, how bad AI drivers are, while i was sitting in back of some IFV and AI was hitting one object by one.
Finally sonic cracks and bullet fly by - perfectly tuned, not too loud, not too quiet, with proper diference where "whizz" sound be.

Overally i just cant play without your mod, however its just for vanila.
When i launched RHS contenton very similar mission i was very disapinted when i heard vanilla distant vehice values. As for your mod - its perfect (at least for me), but RHS Mod Pack Sound Support need a little touch. 
What really need attention in RHS Mod Pack Sound Support is:
Engine sounds - Your version of T-XX seound is just perfect for all Russian tanks. With abrams may be a little problem as it have very original sound, but recording a vacum sound could be good idea (:D)

Turret servo sounds - Please let them be orriginal, from RHS
Explosion sounds aill automatically work from Your mod or need to change? I prefer Yours off course ;)
Weapon sound could be from RHS, but its your decision what sounds shall be "upgraded"

What really give me creeps on my back was night mission in some forest, where my squad was in deep cover, and enemy was 2 km in front of us, and friendlies was behind us, and we get between hammer and anvil.... Rockets above our heads, tracers, explosions... all at night with great sounds and nice lighting. Unofrgetable.

7 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Maybe I can increase the volume on the vanilla breathing sounds a little for the highest fatigue.

But still try to increase the sound of breathing significantly louder, because, now when the character is completely tired (cannot sprint), absolutely nothing is audible :(

Thank you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Also I maybe going to reduced the "pain" breathing sounds a little, make a little pause between two of these sounds as the character cries like every half second and that's really annoyingly!

LJ

absolutely agree

• Like 1

I've noticed that the distant firing sounds kick in rather early. I was looking at a guy close enough to recognize him by face and he sounded like he was 300 meters away when he fired his gun. Is that just me or a thing with JSRS?

Edited by GordonWeedman

On 20.08.2017 at 2:51 AM, GordonWeedman said:

I've noticed that the distant firing sounds kick in rather early. I was looking at a guy close enough to recognize him by face and he sounded like he was 300 meters away when he fired his gun. Is that just me or a thing with JSRS?

I've got the same sometimes, but its not an issue for me. 

@LordJarhead  Does JSRS send anything to the server or affect the server performance in any way whatsoever? (im under the impression that everything is clientside)