Helicopter has nice sound but the guns  need further adjustments I would say.
Did you make any adjustments or just used the JSRS Mod together with AH64 Mod?

JSRS and the Nodunit & Franze AH-64D aren't compatible yet as it is a standalone addon with about 16000 lines of code in its config.cpp. This addon is extremely complex, and consumes a lot of performance, that said I edited its code in order to provide this rendering which is based on Lord Jarhead's work.

Hi All users JSRS! 

When I play as a foot soldier in the infantry, it seems to me that a new version of JSRS complicates the determination of the direction of the sound of gunfire (hand fire arms). Very often I do not know, from which side the enemy is shooting at me. Where is it located?  Right or left, behind or in front of me?

But I'm not sure, maybe my perception is distorted. I can't understand it clearly.  Anyone who can confirm this?

Or say your thoughts about it.

It seemed to me that the previous version JSRS Apex1.2  allowed the player to better determine the direction from which side the shot was fired.

Yes or No?

On 2/26/2017 at 9:40 PM, ShiftyFR said:

Can you confirm no server files are needed for JSRS now ?

Can confirm that you do _not_ explicitly need any server side files, just the key.

jsrs akm rifle sounds inside buildings in third person view are missing.

The mod sounds amazing. I was watching some very old videos I have and the soundscape was so good and different to what I was using nowadays, and then I realized how much I was missing. Subscribed to Workshop to checkout the last iteration, and wow, pure awesomeness. It amazes me how much this mod adds to the game...

just tried out x64..game crashes when I join server..lobby is ok..after role selection in the lobby, game crashes..Wasn't quite sure why, turned off jsrs..works.. So there's an issue with your soundmod on x64..at least for me on win 7 64 :/

Would it be possible to release a quick hotfix to fix the issue of the Buzzard cannon not having a sound? I know its likely inconvienient, just inquiring.

On 17.3.2017 at 2:47 AM, thefloatingcheese said:

Would it be possible to release a quick hotfix to fix the issue of the Buzzard cannon not having a sound? I know its likely inconvienient, just inquiring.

It would, I would just need the time. I'll see what I can do, just need to figure out what has changed since the last big update...

3 hours ago, fruity_rudy said:

I think you're already aware of missing indoor sounds right? I know several buildings in which the sounds sound like I'M outside.. Btw. What did BIS do in the latest patch? This sound error with obstacles is just ridiculous..Is it supposed to be a feature?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flgwM87wBnM&feature=youtu.be

Yeah it is, but I created my own obstruction and occlusion factors to work around that. Will be implemented into the next update.

LJ

Would be cool if there was an RHS sound replacement config of sorts. Those sounds simply lack tail resulting in a lack luster soundscape in my opinion. JSRS cover a lot of ground but it would be cool if they covered the smallarms in RHS too. Keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, panimala said:

Would be cool if there was an RHS sound replacement config of sorts. Those sounds simply lack tail resulting in a lack luster soundscape in my opinion. JSRS cover a lot of ground but it would be cool if they covered the smallarms in RHS too. Keep up the good work!

It maybe cool, but it would be a lot of work as replacing another mods sounds would be no easy job. Sorting out for vanilla is hard enough. 

10 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

It would, I would just need the time. I'll see what I can do, just need to figure out what has changed since the last big update...

Great, thanks for the update and looking forward to the next release

I still got the issue that while being behind a building, i can't thear the gunshots..Dwarden said, they fixed it today in vanilla..but even in vanilla, it's still quite odd.. With jsrs enabled , it's pretty heavy..I mean the riflesound is completely gone when there's a rock between me and my buddy and he's like 5m next to me..

I turn off the soundmod for now..can you maybe email me when you fixed it (poldee187@googlemail.com)?? I can't play like this..I get shot and I have no idea from where..So I go back to vanilla for now..

Dwarden-heute um 21:28 Uhr

it's config issue (our fix was adjusting config values) so JRSS need the same(bearbeitet)

• Like 1

On 13.02.2017 at 2:49 AM, mickeymen said:

ASP-1 Kir -has problems with shooting. (I have test in Virtual Arsenal) Sometimes this sounds lose its tails.

Hi LJ, on 13 February I reported the problem, but it still not fixed. You're not going to fix it!?

Some problems was already fixed, but here some problems of  JSRS SOUNDMOD 5.17.0215 which were noticed by me:

1) The aircraft A-143 Buzzard no has sound of Main Automatic Cannon.

2) Switching fire mode at Mk200 machine gun no has sound

3) The rolling player in both sides, when he lies on the ground, has no any movement sound.
On the background of fine movement sound, the lack of sound when player rolling in the prone, spoil the experience from movement in first person.

4) The player hears soniccrack, inside heavy armored. In real life, this is unlikely.

5) The player hears Soniccrack, inside aircraft,  this not possible since the aircraft is airtight.

6) Inside the tank the player hears the flight of an enemy shell (120mm). It sounds like if the player is out of the tank. In real life, this is unlikely.

7) When a player shoots from inside Buildings, sounding of reverb much weaker than it was in the JSRS Apex version. The sound of the reverberation in the current version barely audible. In the version of Apex that sounded much better! 

It still stays in the game and spoils the game impression. For this reason, I hope that at least some of this list will be corrected in the near future. Thank you for the wonderful work!

Edited by mickeymen
Correction of language errors

5 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

Hi LJ, on 13 February I reported the problem, but you're not going to fix it!?

Some problems was already fixed, but here some problems of  JSRS SOUNDMOD 5.17.0215 which were noticed by me:

1) The aircraft A-143 Buzzard no has sound of Main Automatic Cannon.

2) Switching fire mode at Mk200 machine gun no has sound

3) The rolling player in both sides, when he lies on the ground, has no any movement sound.
On the background of fine movement sound, the lack of sound when player rolling in the prone, spoil the experience from movement in first person.

4) The player hears soniccrack, inside heavy armored. In real life, this is unlikely.

5) The player hears Soniccrack, inside aircraft,  this not possible since the aircraft is airtight.

6) Inside the tank the player hears the flight of an enemy shell (120mm). It sounds like if the player is out of the tank. In real life, this is unlikely.

7) When a player shoots from inside Buildings, sounding much weaker than it was in the JSRS Apex version. The sound of the reverberation in the current version barely audible. In the version of Apex that sounded much better! 

It still stays in the game and spoils the game impression. For this reason, I hope that at least some of this list will be corrected in the near future. Thank you for the wonderful work!

An update hasn't been released for Arma3 1.68 so there will be issues.

What do you mean, an update hasn't been realeased for 1.68 ? BIS already tweaked the configs and released an audio update..Or are you talking about something else?!

10 minutes ago, fruity_rudy said:

What do you mean, an update hasn't been realeased for 1.68 ? BIS already tweaked the configs and released an audio update..Or are you talking about something else?!

I think he meant that an update for JSRS hasn't been released for 1.68 yet.

• Like 1

yea,, I figured that meanwhile ..sometimes it's 404-not found upstairs you know ;)

On 23.02.2017 at 1:31 AM, mickeymen said:

Hi All users JSRS! 

When I play as a foot soldier in the infantry, it seems to me that a new version of JSRS complicates the determination of the direction of the sound of gunfire (hand fire arms). Very often I do not know, from which side the enemy is shooting at me. Where is it located?  Right or left, behind or in front of me?

But I'm not sure, maybe my perception is distorted. I can't understand it clearly.  Anyone who can confirm this?

Or say your thoughts about it.

It seemed to me that the previous version JSRS Apex1.2  allowed the player to better determine the direction from which side the shot was fired.

Yes or No?

All the same no one answered me. Before, I doubted, but now - I'm sure.

The determination of the direction of sound source in the JSRS 5.17.0215, becomes more difficult to determine. I think this is the biggest mistake of this version.

When I used JSRS Apex, then I had a much better definition of the direction of sound.

For example, imagine the situation,  -  in a city near me a enemy APC moves, but I do not see this, because, the buildings close it!  Thus, player not understand where exactly its engine sounds from!  Where it is located? Ahead of the right or left? The JSRS show me that this APC is ahead but as a result, the APC appears on the right and kills me! Unfortunately, this sound distortion often kills the player/  At first I thought that it only seemed to me, but I had already been deceived many times.

As it seems to me, LJ, you need to reconsider such a thin thing as a player's perception of the source of sound. This detail is the most important for the Arma3 player.  Unfortunately in JSRS this is misleading the player (I hope, after Apex-version, someone will confirm it the same way also

Please try make the direction of the sound source, clearer for the player.

Thanks/

Just a quick note:

I'm not missing ANY kind of post here. I just dont have the time to consider a response every single time! Just stay patient or move along, I can't speed things up here just because you push!

LJ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Just a quick note:

I'm not missing ANY kind of post here. I just dont have the time to consider a response every single time! Just stay patient or move along, I can't speed things up here just because you push!

JSRS has been my standard sound mod for years... happy to wait for whenever, once you are satisfied to release any updated/new versions.

So please don't bother answering the many mildly-to-totally contentless posts!

Many thanks - and much applause - for your sterling, long-term contributions to the ArmA community.

Hello,

after a long disappearance I'm now have some light at the end of the long tunnel and updated my work which has been updated in very little bits and time frames over the last 2 months. I'm still busy with other important stuff apart from JSRS and will try to maintain this mod further as good as possible:

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0501 Changes:

Fixes:

- Fixed Buzzard missing main gun sounds
- Fixed Buzzard missing main gun sounds continued on loop
- Fixed Muffled sounds behind objects (see addition occlusionFactor and obstructionFactor)
- Fixed Missing rolling sounds when laying on ground
- Fixed Class gatling_30mm to class gatling_30mm_base
- Fixed Updating Base Class MX SW Rifle - BaseSoundModeType

Additions:

- Added New environmental system with 3DProcessing based on Tanoa now added to Stratis and Altis
- Added Around 250 new sound effects for nearly every possible weather and daytime condition
- Added Around a few hundret animal sound effects for a vast wildlife based on Greek
- Added New occlusionFactor and obstructionFactor to all weapon related sounds
- Added Many new movement sound effects for concrete and forest surfaces
- Added New filters and 3D Processors for mutliple new environmental effects
- Added Around 100 new weapon and firefight soundeffects for greater distances

Tweaks:

- Tweaked occlusionFactor and obstructionFactor for a softer sound blockage of non-visual soundeffects (e.g. Shooter behind a building)
- Tweaked Vehicle weapon distances and volumes
- Tweaked Removed various unattractive soundsets for handheld weapon for a clean-up
- Tweaked Mixed multiple layers into single samples for a smooth transition and less stutter
- Tweaked Added new trigger-like "fake sounds" before the actual weapon shot sounds to further improve the weapons power feeling
- Tweaked Added a lot more punch to the weapons based on general feedback and own impression (due to new HQ setup)
- Tweaked Almost every sound related to movement
- Tweaked Movement Gear and Stereo sounds where too loud and present
- Tweaked Increased volume of distant explosions
- Tweaked Weapon sound distances and volumes
- Tweaked Removed BaseCore SoundSets from weapons
- Tweaked Removed Jet sounds from Mod due to new updating Jet SoundSets

Marked entries are important!

I hope you can find the time to give feedback. Dont be mad if I'm not responding to your posts lately as my time as LordJarhead became a little negligible lately :) But it wont stay this way and I'm sure to find back into JSRS soon enough!

Thanks for playing with JSRS and I hope you enjoy this work!

Thanks,
LJ

• Like 12