this is just awesome everything is well done except medium cracks ( big and medium ) i can't lie i hate it and i wish a new set ( louder more punchier ) other than that this mod is just charm  

good release, but the autocannon of most aircraft does not have a sound.

To-199 Neophron, A-164 Wipeout, Black Wasp (both version), A-143 Buzzard, Y-32 Xi'an VTOL - they all have no autocannon sound

Many, many thanks for the update, LJ.

2 hours ago, cpt.ghost said:

this is just awesome everything is well done except medium cracks ( big and medium ) i can't lie i hate it and i wish a new set ( louder more punchier ) other than that this mod is just charm  

Honestly? I hate them too :D it's gonna be my next one ;) 

1 hour ago, mickeymen said:

good release, but the autocannon of most aircraft does not have a sound.

To-199 Neophron, A-164 Wipeout, Black Wasp (both version), A-143 Buzzard, Y-32 Xi'an VTOL - they all have no autocannon sound

Oh Ok thanks for the info Mickey, much appreciated, buddy! 

30 minutes ago, Lothear said:

Many, many thanks for the update, LJ.

Your welcome mate :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Honestly? I hate them too :D it's gonna be my next one ;) 

gonna be waiting on fire :D

Btw, I updated the RHS USAF pack, so the "switch to secondary AI issue" should be gone as far as I can tell.

LJ

The discord link doesn't work for me...

Using JSRS in conjunction with RHS and after 29.06 update I now hear myself running momentarily after I've stopped, I hear bushes rustling again after I've passed through them and I hear sounds associated with healing/revive animations again after the animation has completed - hence there seems to be a sync issue with this release a bit like the one when BIS updated their sounds and it always sounded like someone was running next to you cos they messed up the sync.

These might seem like subtle issues but they are significant in the context of PVP when you can't tell if it's an enemy creeping near you or your clothes still rustling cos of the delayed sync.

Hello LJ. 

As far as I remember in the vanilla game there is a sound, when the player puts the primary weapon on bipod. As seems to me this special sound was in old JSRS versions also, but now (v. 6.18.0629B) i notticed, the player does not have any deployment sounds. Please add this. 

Also It would not be bad to have a special deploying sound to place primary weapons even without bipods (when the weapon no has bipods and player can put it simply on the ground or any elevation)  

These two details could significantly improve the perception of the player.

Thank you

On 10.07.2018 at 10:42 PM, mickeymen said:

Hello LJ. 

As far as I remember in the vanilla game there is a sound, when the player puts the primary weapon on bipod. As seems to me this special sound was in old JSRS versions also, but now (v. 6.18.0629B) i notticed, the player does not have any deployment sounds. Please add this. 

Hey, just some adjustments, relative to the details that I noticed.

I listened more carefully and yet noticed that the sound of folding bipods is present, but it has at least two problems

a) very quiet sound, the player has every chance not to hear it at all!
b) the sound will only work once at first attempt - Note, if player will try to assemble/disassemble his bipod several times in a row
, then there will be no sound. Please correct this.

LJ I like your last build. That sounds very good. Many sounds have become better than in the previous versions of JSRS.

For example, all MX, Katibas , Mk 20 and all reloading sounded much better. Except for the errors (absence of autocannons sound of air vehicles) that I mentioned above, I would like to draw your attention to some more details.  This is nothing more than my opinion, but as seems to me, the all pistols in JSRS do not sound good, I think it's very quiet and too dry. Not enough volume and meat (basses) 

I think the pistols in JSRS should sound more powerfull !  Also the new sounds of the hand rocket/missile launch (AT-Titan @ RPG-42) sound worse than your previous sounds. Now they lost its power and does not sound near the player's ear , now as if  further away from ear.

If you find there roughness, try to polish these details)

As it seems to me, you will be interesting see this videos in which the sound for the game is recorded and even possible that, it will be useful for your work.

There are English subtitles:

• Like 1

Hello listeners,

Update time!

JSRS Soundmod - 6.18.0718 Changes:

Tweaks
- Tweaked Rain sounds got lowered a little
- Tweaked Weapon volume on distances
- Tweaked Environmentsounds lowered
- Tweaked Overall dynamics
- Tweaked Weapon volumes and explosion dynamics
- Tweaked Movement sounds lowered, dynamics, more details

Fixes
- Fixed Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_air_vehicles\sounds\mq12_falcon\int_main.wss  not found !!!
- Fixed Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_land_vehicles\sounds\engines\mbt_02\mbt_02_low_ext.ogg  not found !!!
- Fixed Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_weapons\sounds\shot\skyfire\close2_2.ogg  not found !!!
- Fixed Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_air_vehicles\sounds\shared\\gear_up_in.ogg  not found !!!
- Fixed Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_weapons\sounds\shot\closure\cannon_reload.ogg  not found !!!
- Fixed Updating base class Rifle_Base_F->Rifle_Short_Base_F, by jsrs_soundmod_cfg_weapons\config.cpp/cfgweapons/pdw2000_base_F
- Fixed Updating base class Rifle_Base_F->Rifle_Short_Base_F, by jsrs_soundmod_cfg_weapons\config.cpp/cfgweapons/SMG_01_Base
- Fixed Missing Bipod sounds (JSRS Soundmod Reloading Sounds)

Additions
- Added New movement sounds for wet surfaces during raining or humidity
- Added New sounds for random noises during movement (Slide, stone hit, branches crack)
- Added New explosion sounds for rockets
- Added New echo sounds for firing and explosions
- Added New sounds for Bipods (JSRS Soundmod Reloading Sounds)

This is a rather big update and does a few major changes on the overall sound feeling. So please send in any sort of feedback!

Separated Reloading sounds from main mod, again!

JSRS SOUNDMOD - 6.18.0718 Additional Weapon Handling and Reloading Sounds

JSRS Soundmod - 6.18.0718B Changes:

Fixes 
- Fixed Warning Message: No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgSoundShaders.jsrs_close_step"run_soundshader'.
- Fixed Warning Message: No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgSoundShaders.jsrs_close_step"walk_soundshader'.
- Fixed Warning Message: No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgSoundShaders.jsrs_close_step"sprint_soundshader'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

JSRS Soundmod - 6.18.0719 Changes:
Additions:

- Added New Smokeshell/grenade sound effects

• Like 2

I think you made the footsteps too quiet, just walking and running around and the jostling of my gear is the only thing I hear. Only when I sprint can I actually hear the footsteps, and even then they're pretty quiet, with my gear being louder.

The volume before you changed them was fine IMO.

4 hours ago, GordonWeedman said:

I think you made the footsteps too quiet, just walking and running around and the jostling of my gear is the only thing I hear. Only when I sprint can I actually hear the footsteps, and even then they're pretty quiet, with my gear being louder.

The volume before you changed them was fine IMO.

Maybe you're right, but still there is my uncertainty. I'm not sure if the footsteps are too low, but I'm sure of a too quiet movement when the character prone!   At such times, the person's head is only 10-20 cm from the source of sound (grass or ground) As seems to me the player should hear the sound of crawling much louder

last version bug:
(for example) cfg helicopters ---> 

class rotorbench
            {
                sound[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_air_vehicles\sounds\ah9_pawnee\rotor\rotor_fast.ogg", 0.75, 1};
                frequency = "(rotorspeed factor [0.3, 0.7]) * (rotorspeed factor [0.3, 1]) * (1 - rotorthrust/4)";
                volume = "(playerpos factor [3.9, 4]) * (1 - campos) * (rotorspeed factor [0.3, 1]) * (1 + rotorthrust) * 0.4";
                cone[] = {1.6,3.14,1.6,0.95};
            };

http://joxi.ru/Vm64ZwoiD3o7yA

There is no folder rotor in the folders with helicopters. so in all helicopters
In rpt was error "blablabla\ROTOR\rotor_fast.ogg not found.
Check all folders pls

and     (vehicles)
    sounddammage[] = {".ogg", 0.5, 1};
in rpt error too, becouse u understand)

JSRS Soundmod - 6.18.0722 Changes:
Tweaks

- Tweaked Lowered weapons volume on distances
- Tweaked Volume got increased for crawling in first person view

Fixes

- Fixed Missing sounds for flares
- Fixed Missing rotor sound for all helicopters (Rotor bench)

LJ

• Like 6

Good day, LordJarhead.

Your sounds of explosions (6.18.0722) at long distances sound great. However, when this is combined with the distant sounds of the destruction of buildings (for example, with the massive artillery of the city), then there is no good contrast. Explosions are gorgeous, and far destruction sound is not good

I noticed that in JSRS there are no good sounds for crumbling buildings at the large distances. Player hear is a completely similar sound of destruction at a close and middle distance, but only with a lower volume, while the explosions effects have fully different sounds for different distances.

It seems to me that on large distances the buildings destructions sounds should be very different from the sound of buildings destruction at close and medium distance, should be longer and have a much larger radius for the player's ear.  IMHO

Please try to add special distant sounds for the destruction of buildings, then the effect of observing artillery fire in urban areas will be perfect!

Thank you

• Like 1

JSRS Soundmod - 6.18.0726 Changes:
Tweaks
- Tweaked Explosion sounds got a little sharper
- Tweaked Movement sounds volume got a tiny increase
- Tweaked Crawling sounds volume got increased
- Tweaked Tiny details on reloading sounds

Fixes
- Fixed Pbo that contained config files contained both, .cpp and .bin

Additions
- Added New sounds for the weapon Phalanx AA
- Added New explosion sounds to  UXO cluster ammo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm seeing errors such as these pop up in my server's RPT after the latest JSRS update:

20:52:56 Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_weapons\sounds\reload\rhs_m4_reload.ogg not found !!!

20:39:31 Sound: Error: File: jsrs_soundmod_snd_weapons\sounds\reload\rhs_asval_reload.ogg not found !!!

20:41:38 Error in ReloadMagazine - unable to locate target weapon rhs_weap_45th_ak74m_pkas muzzle rhs_weap_45th_ak74m_pkas

20:51:53 Error in ReloadMagazine - unable to locate target weapon rhs_weap_pkp muzzle rhs_weap_pkp

20:32:23 Error in ReloadMagazine - unable to locate target weapon rhs_weap_svds_pso1 muzzle rhs_weap_svds_pso1

Is this due to the server not running JSRS? We whitelist certain versions of JSRS via ACE whitelisting.