LJ - Thanks for continually keeping this mod up to date, it really makes a big difference in my enjoyment of the game. 

• Like 1

We've really enjoyed JSRS with support for RHS and NIARMS for many months now.
Do you plan to cover the MG3 and MG42 in NIARMS and/or the new MG42 in RHS as well?

Also, the 3-burst mode on the AEK from NIARMS seems to have its default sound.

Thanks for the great work, it really adds something!

• Like 1

After update mod - weapon in RHS when firing first person - become very silent. It's not good.

JSRS SOUNDMOD 6.18.0820

I have no sounds when player changing positions(between erect / crouch / prone) Also no any sound at movement crawling. 

Somebody has these problems also?

45 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

JSRS SOUNDMOD 6.18.0820

I have no sounds when player changing positions(between erect / crouch / prone) Also no any sound at movement crawling. 

I found the problem location. the problem appears only in the Virtual Arsenal!

LJ please fix this

6 hours ago, Alex2k said:

We've really enjoyed JSRS with support for RHS and NIARMS for many months now.
Do you plan to cover the MG3 and MG42 in NIARMS and/or the new MG42 in RHS as well?

Also, the 3-burst mode on the AEK from NIARMS seems to have its default sound.

Thanks for the great work, it really adds something!

Thanks for the feedback :)  Yeah I will update my work with some decent MG42 sounds, soon. After I got RHS working so far, I will focus on NiArms and SMA again!

2 hours ago, mickeymen said:

JSRS SOUNDMOD 6.18.0820

Thanks for the heads-up, Mickey. I will see to fix these issues.

LJ

• Like 2

On 31/07/2018 at 11:55 PM, Muckducky1 said:

LJ - This is an awesome mod.

Quick question - I've recently changed to the version on steam after a while of not playing arma. What's happened to distant sound on the a-164 wipeout's gatling? It just sounds as if you're stood next to it or you're the pilot. Hope you don't mind but i checked the files just to check and the sound file is there for it and it is(CAS.ogg) but the config only uses CAS_01.ogg and CAS_02.ogg. It's not a massive problem but it doesn't quite sound right when you know what it should sound like.

Thanks in advance :)

Have you had a chance to look into this? 

5 minutes ago, Muckducky1 said:

Have you had a chance to look into this? 

Yeah I did but as always, Arma limits my moves there. I can only have one sounds for it and it must suit all situations. I think I need to further try it to see if I'm getting anything better in game but I cannot make any promises on that.

LJ

2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Yeah I did but as always, Arma limits my moves there. I can only have one sounds for it and it must suit all situations. I think I need to further try it to see if I'm getting anything better in game but I cannot make any promises on that.

LJ

That's great to hear. Thanks for looking :)

10 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Thanks for the heads-up, Mickey. I will see to fix these issues.

LJ

Thank you
I would like to add that your mod sounds better and better. The new version is a holiday for all users. It really makes ArmA much better

New sounds of movement along the asphalt are magnificent,
Shot and Hit from the RPG is just a delight,
Personal sounds for different weapons with supressors add variety,

Sharper explosions are better,

It is possible to enumerate further and  urther...

Thank you so much for this progress!

• Like 1

Just now, mickeymen said:

the problem appears only in the Virtual Arsenal!

Perhaps this is due to the surface (Virtual Reality) on which the character of the player is located. If possible check all surfaces, maybe somewhere else this will not work

On 23.8.2018 at 10:46 AM, mickeymen said:

Thank you
I would like to add that your mod sounds better and better. The new version is a holiday for all users. It really makes ArmA much better

New sounds of movement along the asphalt are magnificent,
Shot and Hit from the RPG is just a delight,
Personal sounds for different weapons with supressors add variety,

Sharper explosions are better,

It is possible to enumerate further and  urther...

Thank you so much for this progress!

Thank you for this, Mickey :)

On 23.8.2018 at 10:48 AM, mickeymen said:

Perhaps this is due to the surface (Virtual Reality) on which the character of the player is located. If possible check all surfaces, maybe somewhere else this will not work

Yeah, I noticed several different surfaces doing that. I'll have to take a look into it.

My next update is going to have some heavy impact on how the weapon sounds, I'm wondering if that gets good feedback. I added more distortion and volume and punch to some, but mostly metallic character noises. 

Btw, Mickey, building destruction seems to finally work correctly, right? I noticed I barely hear this noise cutoff anymore. 

Oh and btw guys, I spend your donations :D For JSRS-Studios I spent around 1000$ to sonniss.com and boomlibrary.com library to get the best sort of libraries and use them for my work. Also a shout out to Louisa and Pierre from boom for the support and to help me out so well, you guys rock!

LJ

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Btw, Mickey, building destruction seems to finally work correctly, right? I noticed I barely hear this noise cutoff anymore. 

I did not understand what you meant when you said it - "I noticed I barely hear this noise cutoff anymore", but now I checked it and to be honest, I do not see any special differences :/

I did 2 tests:

1) test with Charge Assambly:

I installed two explosive devices inside two houses and drove in the car at a distance of 100-150 m. When I detonated the explosive devices, the sound of the building crash was just the same as we hear at more shorter distances, but only more quiet.  This is a sound of sharped distruction + glass ringing sound. It seems to me that when a building collapses, the building destruction sound at distances more 150 meters must have a different sound source, in this cases please try using special distant sounds (less sharped and significantly longer due to echoes) I want to say that muffled near-destruction sounds are not suitable for this purpose.

2) Test with artillery fire:

I put myself and my ai-subordinate(mortar gunner) on top of the hill and ordered my ai-subordinate to shoot at home in nears city from a distance of approximately 300-400 meters. When one building was destroyed I did not hear any sound from the collapse of the building in general!

Only the sound of an artillery hit was heard and then silence.

It seems to me that the sound from the crash of the building must be heard at great distances and should be longer than the sound of one artillery hit.

Probably  this sound should be noticeable for the audibility of the player, minimum within a radius 600-800 meters,  at JSRS it is always lost at the big distances, for this reasons, so already I have long asked you to create this features.

It was just my humble opinion,  on the whole your mod will always be the best for me :f:

5 hours ago, mickeymen said:

I did not understand what you meant when you said it - "I noticed I barely hear this noise cutoff anymore", but now I checked it and to be honest, I do not see any special differences :/

I did 2 tests:

1) test with Charge Assambly:

I installed two explosive devices inside two houses and drove in the car at a distance of 100-150 m. When I detonated the explosive devices, the sound of the building crash was just the same as we hear at more shorter distances, but only more quiet.  This is a sound of sharped distruction + glass ringing sound. It seems to me that when a building collapses, the building destruction sound at distances more 150 meters must have a different sound source, in this cases please try using special distant sounds (less sharped and significantly longer due to echoes) I want to say that muffled near-destruction sounds are not suitable for this purpose.

2) Test with artillery fire:

I put myself and my ai-subordinate(mortar gunner) on top of the hill and ordered my ai-subordinate to shoot at home in nears city from a distance of approximately 300-400 meters. When one building was destroyed I did not hear any sound from the collapse of the building in general!

Only the sound of an artillery hit was heard and then silence.

It seems to me that the sound from the crash of the building must be heard at great distances and should be longer than the sound of one artillery hit.

Probably  this sound should be noticeable for the audibility of the player, minimum within a radius 600-800 meters,  at JSRS it is always lost at the big distances, for this reasons, so already I have long asked you to create this features.

It was just my humble opinion,  on the whole your mod will always be the best for me :f:

Well again, ArmA has a limitation here. And I don't know if there is a soundset solution for this but currently, the only way is to have one set of sounds that needs to suit every situation and distance. That's what it is right now. So either you hear it that crystal sharp over long distances or you won't hear it at all after a 100 meters or so.

What I meant what that the sounds don't cut off anymore after a couple of seconds. The sound samples play to the end. Before it was the sound that got cut after 2 or 3 seconds.

LJ

Hey,

I'm having problems with the latest update. I cannot open some of my missions which include mostly independent forces.

"The scenario requires content which is not installed!"

"JSRS_SOUNDMOD_RHS_AAF_GREF_WEAPONS"

I'm running:

JSRS SOUNDMOD

JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS AFRF Mod Pack Sound Support

JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS GREF Mod Pack Sound Support

JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS USAF Mod Pack Sound Support

JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS SAF Mod Pack Sound Support

I have tried to uninstall JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS GREF Mod Pack Sound Support and reinstall it but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

1 hour ago, Jacali said:

Hey,

I'm having problems with the latest update. I cannot open some of my missions which include mostly independent forces.

"The scenario requires content which is not installed!"

"JSRS_SOUNDMOD_RHS_AAF_GREF_WEAPONS"

I'm running:

JSRS SOUNDMOD

JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS AFRF Mod Pack Sound Support

JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS GREF Mod Pack Sound Support

JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS USAF Mod Pack Sound Support

JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS SAF Mod Pack Sound Support

I have tried to uninstall JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS GREF Mod Pack Sound Support and reinstall it but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Hello,

please try this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181421524

1. Disable all JSRS Soundmods / JSRS Addons
2. Only load the JSRS Dependency Fix Addon
3. Load the mission, your game or whatever you were doing where you got stuck because of missing JSRS
4. Save the mission / game again
5. Exit game, disable the JSRS Dependency Fix Addon
6. Restart game, everything should be "JSRS Free" from now on

LJ

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Well again, ArmA has a limitation here. And I don't know if there is a soundset solution for this but currently, the only way is to have one set of sounds that needs to suit every situation and distance.

Hm, does the sound of building destruction not work just like it does for vehicles explosions? 

I remember that before, I saw that in JSRS the sounds of explosions for different distances had personal files.

For example, for explosions of vehicles at different distances, personal sound files that corresponded to the special ranges:

Close_Distance
Medium_Distance
Far_Distance

If Arma not uses of multiple audio files for destruction at different distances for buildings, then I can understand why it has the same file at any distances :/

21 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

What I meant what that the sounds don't cut off anymore after a couple of seconds. The sound samples play to the end. Before it was the sound that got cut after 2 or 3 seconds.

Now I understand you and this is a good update!

Just now, mickeymen said:

Hm, does the sound of building destruction not work just like it does for vehicles explosions? 

I remember that before, I saw that in JSRS the sounds of explosions for different distances had personal files.

For example, for explosions of vehicles at different distances, personal sound files that corresponded to the special ranges:

Close_Distance
Medium_Distance
Far_Distance

If Arma not uses of multiple audio files for destruction at different distances for buildings, then I can understand why it has the same file at any distances :/

Now I understand you and this is a good update!

No it does not work like in soundset classes. It actually looks like this:

class cfgsfx
{
	class destrhouse
	{
		sounds[] = {"destrhouse1","destrhouse2","destrhouse3","destrhouse4","destrhouse5","destrhouse6"};
		destrhouse1[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_collapse_1.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhouse2[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_collapse_2.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhouse3[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_collapse_3.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhouse4[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_collapse_4.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhouse5[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_collapse_5.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhouse6[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_collapse_6.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		empty[] = {"",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
	};
	class destrhousepart
	{
		sounds[] = {"destrhousepart1","destrhousepart2","destrhousepart3","destrhousepart4","destrhousepart5","destrhousepart6",};
		destrhousepart1[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_part_1.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhousepart2[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_part_2.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhousepart3[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_part_3.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhousepart4[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_part_4.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhousepart5[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_part_5.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		destrhousepart6[] = {"jsrs_soundmod_snd_environment\sounds\house_part_6.ogg",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};
		empty[] = {"",6.3095737,1,150,0.1,0,0,0};

};

• Thanks 1

Has anyone else noticed that the To-199 Neophron's 30mm cannon has no firing sound only an echo.

I recorded a combat situation and added some effects to make it sound real from a microphone.

Check this out, it's quite INTENSE. (I've never been in army an so IDK if its correct or not, but it sounds real to me) GJ JSRS devs. 

YOUTUBE VIDEO

I just remembered something while looking through this thread and seeing

....this

I was forced to find shelter in one of the control towers at the main Airport. After things quieted down I noticed the wind sound was the same whether I was inside or outside. I'm just now getting home so I will check other buildings as well but I wanted to jot this down before I forget.

Since several versions ago, we keep getting the following errors (the type you need to click ok on to make it go) - Sound HIT_DUNDEE_4 not found.

23 minutes ago, Variable said:

Since several versions ago, we keep getting the following errors (the type you need to click ok on to make it go) - Sound HIT_DUNDEE_4 not found.

This sounds like a different mod. What other mods are involved? 

LJ 

Loving this soundset man, very well done! 

CSAT Tempest truck sounds a little rough IMO L.J.  Almost has a synthetic tone to it. I like the air "Pssst" and what not but the engine drone just sounds off somehow. Not a big deal of course, the rest of what I have heard is perfect!