I got my website back working again. https://www.jsrs-studios.com/

I will update with recent updates and insights of the developments, what I think about changing and what and how I will change thinks. Maybe a little more Dev Diary like posts.

Thanks for the visit :)

LJ

• Like 4

Hey, 

Are you aware of the fact that sounds are again way too muffled behind the objects? I think you got everything sorted out after the massive 1.68 update but now it seems that something has changed and sounds are back to 1.68 basics unfortunately. This is same in both vanilla and mod maps.

Thanks 

9 hours ago, Jacali said:

Hey, 

Are you aware of the fact that sounds are again way too muffled behind the objects? I think you got everything sorted out after the massive 1.68 update but now it seems that something has changed and sounds are back to 1.68 basics unfortunately. This is same in both vanilla and mod maps.

Thanks 

Well i have to check but I'm pretty sure I can hear everything and can't reproduce this issue... 

LJ

5 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Well i have to check but I'm pretty sure I can hear everything and can't reproduce this issue... 

LJ

Sorry boss, I used NiArms and SMA weapons which caused the problem of sounds being too muffled behind the objects. My bad. With Vanilla weapons sounds are still lit. Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Glad you got that sorted! :)

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0524 Changes:

Fixes:

- Fixed Missing Entry "JPEX_Mid2_SoundShaders" for SPAR rifles
- Fixed RPT "Missing ';' at the end of line" for all CFG entries
- Fixed Snaps sounds were too present in long distances

Additions:

- Added New sound pool of big calibre weapons for distance sounds
- Added New sounds for MX Rifles
- Added Sounds separated for MX, Katiba, MK20 and TRG21 long and carbine rifles, as well as MXM
- Added Old entries and values for Environmental Sounds got added to new CFG to support third party maps*

Tweaks:

- Tweaked Multiple Volume tweaks*
- Tweaked Bullethits volume got increased, distance got decreased from 90 to 60 meters
- Tweaked Soniccracks volume got increased by around 20%
- Twealed Soniccracks sound samples got pitched and tweaked
- Tweaked Weapon volume range curves have been edited
- Tweaked Weapon and explosion 3D Processors have been edited to wider range
- Tweaked Close helicopter engine and rotor sound volume got increased by 25% and distance by +100meters
- Tweaked Wheeled vehicles volumes and distances got increased
- Tweaked Tracked vehicles volumes and distances got increased
- Tweaked Weapon volumes got lowered by around 10%*
- Tweaked Deleted Mid2 Sound classes for a smoother transition
- Tweaked Volume and range of crickets got decreased
- Tweaked Denoised Forest and Meadow soundshaders
- Tweaked Delay and delayRandomizer factor for Birds in forest and on meadows
- Tweaked 3DProession of footsteps got increased
- Tweaked Distance LowPass Filter for footsteps where too strong
- Tweaked Some Footsteps on Sand and Interior surfaces were too loud and noisy*
- Tweaked Moving in tactical mode makes less noise and uses walking sounds*
- Tweaked Crickets behave more like animals and become silent when the player is getting too close
- Tweaked Increased radius of 3DProcession for Soniccracks and distance for spatial effects
- Tweaked Sound samples of Soniccracks for more stereo feeling
- Tweaked Tank Turret noises were too loud and the distance was too long
- Tweaked Tank engine sounds were too quiet
- Tweaked Wind noises got improved

*Important to notice

The environmental sounds need to be tested on third party maps. Please give detailed feedback!

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 6

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0524B Changes:

Fixes:
- Fixed ADR97 Addons was required to run this mod

Tweaks:
- Tweaked MX Rifle sounds were too strong

Oops,

LJ

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

*Important to notice

The environmental sounds need to be tested on third party maps. Please give detailed feedback!

Thanks,

LJ

Hi LJ

As far as I can tell 3rd party maps are still silent apart from a faint bell like bird chirping.

According to my launcher I'm using 5.17.0524 but in game it tells me I'm using  5.17.0517

Many thanks for continuing to work on this essential mod.

Fantastic work, really glad you are still working on this.

I love the distant firefight sounds.

Much appreciated.

On 24.5.2017 at 0:36 PM, tpw said:

Hi LJ

As far as I can tell 3rd party maps are still silent apart from a faint bell like bird chirping.

According to my launcher I'm using 5.17.0524 but in game it tells me I'm using  5.17.0517

Many thanks for continuing to work on this essential mod.

Hey,

thanks for the info. I guess I might have missed a few things and need to update. The wrong versioning is a missing update in the mod.cpp in the mod folder, that´s fine by now and doesnt cause any issues..

On 27.5.2017 at 0:55 PM, Storspoven said:

Fantastic work, really glad you are still working on this.

I love the distant firefight sounds.

Much appreciated.

Thank you very much for your feedback :)

LJ

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 11:37 AM, LordJarhead said:

JSRS Soundmod - 5.17.0524B Changes:

Fixes:
- Fixed ADR97 Addons was required to run this mod

Tweaks:
- Tweaked MX Rifle sounds were too strong

Oops,

LJ

Thanks for keeping the mod updated. Couldn't imagine to play w/o it. Still fantastic work as always.

Some feedback:

* Since the last two or three versions there's no sound emitted from the engine in a hunter when inside the vehicle.

* Dual 7.62mm on the hellcat is _way_ too loud. you can't hear a thing even when using earplugs. Was better in JSRS Apex.

The other additions and fixed are very nice and sound polished all around.

Especially worth noting: The MX Rifles sound awesome and the preshot "click" sound is just perfect. Gives a good feeling of the punch the weapons have.

EDIT: All gatling sounds (e.g. Hellcat dual 7.62) seem too loud. Specifically those defined in 'jsrs_soundmod_w_h_gatling weapons.pbo'. Removing them causes the mod to work with the stock gatling sound it seems (which are not overly loud).

Edited by S3Savage
additional info reg. gatling sounds
  • Like 1

On 28.5.2017 at 9:51 PM, S3Savage said:

Thanks for keeping the mod updated. Couldn't imagine to play w/o it. Still fantastic work as always.

Some feedback:

* Since the last two or three versions there's no sound emitted from the engine in a hunter when inside the vehicle.

* Dual 7.62mm on the hellcat is _way_ too loud. you can't hear a thing even when using earplugs. Was better in JSRS Apex.

The other additions and fixed are very nice and sound polished all around.

Especially worth noting: The MX Rifles sound awesome and the preshot "click" sound is just perfect. Gives a good feeling of the punch the weapons have.

EDIT: All gatling sounds (e.g. Hellcat dual 7.62) seem too loud. Specifically those defined in 'jsrs_soundmod_w_h_gatling weapons.pbo'. Removing them causes the mod to work with the stock gatling sound it seems (which are not overly loud).

Ok I'll check that out

I wanted to cover the RHS content. I've started already doing some cfgs and sounds. I don't want to just do replacement cfgs but also add new sounds to the pool so the weapons sounds differently but still have a smooth transition between RHS and vanilla content.

Now two thinks:

First, do you have any sorts of wishes or feedback just for the RHS coverage?

Second, is there any sort of cfg guru out there that can help me with the replacement cfgs? I have massive trouble getting some of the sounds to work and I just need someone to take a look at my cfgs who maybe can spot the issue... I'm more or less out of ideas... 

LJ

• Like 2

@LordJarhead

Try putting "rhs_sounds" and "rhs_weapon_sounds" in the required Addons. For the US factions "rhsusf_sounds" and "rhsusf_weapon_sounds".
I'm currently switching to a new framework, which is why just putting "x_sounds" in the requirements won't do the trick for some weapons :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

First, do you have any sorts of wishes or feedback just for the RHS coverage?

The the shoot sounds should be really loud:f:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, laxemann said:

@LordJarhead

Try putting "rhs_sounds" and "rhs_weapon_sounds" in the required Addons. For the US factions "rhsusf_sounds" and "rhsusf_weapon_sounds".
I'm currently switching to a new framework, which is why just putting "x_sounds" in the requirements won't do the trick for some weapons :D

Thanks dude, I've found my issue. And thanks for the hint. I'll add these to the requirements. 

M4 and M16 family, Ak74m family, svd, pp2000 and asval, xm2010 and g36 family and the m70s are covered so far.

LJ

• Like 1

You making a whole new sound pack just for the RHS is a best thing I've heard in a long time! The sound difference between RHS sounds and your mod's sounds is too notable and therefore makes RHS guns useless in my scenarios which is a shame. Probably the only wish from my side is to make RHS sounds to match with your sound mod seamlessly. Make 'em loud, make 'em feel the power that they deserve and most importantly kill that flat non echoing sound from mid-to-far ranges. 

Thank you 

I've made a lot of process during the last couple of days. I mostly covered around 90 percent of the handheld weapons so far and as soon as I'm able to work around all updating base classes I'll release a first couple if updates to provide jsrs with all the needed sounds and preparations. So I guess by the end of next week most or all handheld weapons in RHS should float into the pool. 

I started playing around with the vehicle a little and thought about bringing back some distinctive sounds from JSRS1.5 for at least the vehicles. The Abrams or Apache sounds and all these known from ArmA2 JSRS... Not only because they sound a bit more authentic but also for the old times sake :) 

(who else misses the good old times?)

I'll keep you updated.

In the mean time, I've heard a lot of people complaining about JSRS not being so present on most severe and no one wants to allow it. Is there a specific reason? I think there were lags back in the days but now as JSRS runs and works more fluid and stable than ever before I hope you maybe change the minds of some admins?!?!

Cheers,

LJ

• Like 9

Are you planing to make RHS replacement config for your mod? I'm using replacement for RHS 2.5 together with 2.5v of your mod, and there are some issues with volume levels (some things are too loud, some too quiet) but i know its unsupported version, so i ask about fresh config.

5 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Are you planing to make RHS replacement config for your mod? I'm using replacement for RHS 2.5 together with 2.5v of your mod, and there are some issues with volume levels (some things are too loud, some too quiet) but i know its unsupported version, so i ask about fresh config.

That's what I said on the last page. All new and new sounds, not just replacement configs.

LJ

1 minute ago, LordJarhead said:

That's what I said on the last page. All new and new sounds, not just replacement configs.

LJ

Sorry just saw your post on previous page.

There are actually few things that can stay RHS sounds - turret servo sounds (there are diferent type in diferent vehicles), and engine sounds for tanks could be much louder, so they could be heared from little bit further.
Also there is mistake in 2.5 sound replacement config - just to aware you this can change here (maybe RHS applied some sound changes) - while tank is standing in place with engine turned ON and you are in 1st person view, you can hear engine like the tank was moving, while its standing in place

And sory for "replacement config" - i know its many work, just couldnt find correct word, so lets just say RHS soundmod ;)

1 minute ago, Vasily.B said:

Sorry just saw your post on previous page.

There are actually few things that can stay RHS sounds - turret servo sounds (there are diferent type in diferent vehicles), and engine sounds for tanks could be much louder, so they could be heared from little bit further.
Also there is mistake in 2.5 sound replacement config - just to aware you this can change here (maybe RHS applied some sound changes) - while tank is standing in place with engine turned ON and you are in 1st person view, you can hear engine like the tank was moving, while its standing in place

And sory for "replacement config" - i know its many work, just couldnt find correct word, so lets just say RHS soundmod ;)

Yeah I won't and actually can't really change everything. I first just wants to stay with the handheld weapons and maybe the helicopters. But first priority is a clean first release such probably won't work well hehe.

Btw I won't change anything on their sounds... I only overwrite with mine if I can but won't touch their work. That's their part. 

I know about the starting process of some tanks and that would need to be kept in mind while editing the samples. If I go for the tanks eventually I'll keep that in mind. 

LJ

• Like 1

From your sounds (tanks) i love engine sounds - just like real T- tanks, RHS sounds isnt bad here, but on my speakers and headset bass is way too heavy and people downstairs start to hear it ;) Keep up your great work, i keep fingers crossed, for now Your mod recovered faith for this game for me.

• Like 1