Hi LJ!

I continue to enjoy your mod, and again thank you!

I want to note the tanks sounds, the tank gameplay sounds awesome!

But there are some notes from my side/

After the upgrade of DLC Tanks, the time reloading machine guns inside tanks was increased (gunner position/ commander position). Now the recharge time is much longer (this takes about 15-20 seconds), but the sound for recharging remains very short. Unfortunately, this contrast does not look good.

Can you make sure that throughout the recharge, a short recharge sound would be repeated several times in a row?

Or replace the sound with a longer one (if it does not cause problems)

As seems to me, any suitable for duration, sound effect for recharging, could improve the simulation inside tanks

I also want to note the sound of shooting from Minigun of Qilin LSV (!maybe all miniguns also) 

Unfortunately, this does not sound good, the sound is rather strange, like the screeching of metal, but not at shooting.

Maybe there is an error? Or the sound needs to be replaced?

Please pay attention to these detail. 

I remember in old versions of JSRM the minigun shooting sounded much better

hi thank you for the good sounds. I would like to ask why 6.18.0726 NIA ARSENAL Mod Pack Sound Support does not support sig550 mod

LJ, I use the jsrs-soundmod-version-6.18.0821 and I temporarily disabled the jsrs soniccracks archive, because it's very loud for my ears. 

I think this can even be traumatic for the player's hearing. Make it a little quieter, especially if the player  is fired from heavy machine guns mounted on vehicles.

But also I do not hear the sound when the bullet hits the body. It's just missing.

This is very noticeable when the player's character is killed. No sound hit, the player's character just screams.

I want to ask you. JSRS soniccrack and bullet hits (body) in any way interrelated?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, mickeymen said:

LJ, I use the jsrs-soundmod-version-6.18.0821 and I temporarily disabled the jsrs soniccracks archive, because it's very loud for my ears. 

I think this can even be traumatic for the player's hearing. Make it a little quieter, especially if the player  is fired from heavy machine guns mounted on vehicles.

But also I do not hear the sound when the bullet hits the body. It's just missing.

This is very noticeable when the player's character is killed. No sound hit, the player's character just screams.

I want to ask you. JSRS soniccrack and bullet hits (body) in any way interrelated?

the crack sounds just fine and i think its much lower than the real thing.

• Like 3

sonic cracks sound fine imo..

However i want to report a bug that is happeing when i use the mod,in that once i heal my character DIRECTLY FROM a vehicle,the first aid / bandage sounds loop indefinetly .

On 28.09.2018 at 6:55 PM, cpt.ghost said:

the crack sounds just fine and i think its much lower than the real thing.

On 29.09.2018 at 5:29 PM, redarmy said:

sonic cracks sound fine imo..

Maybe, maybe. 

Probably the whole thing in the sound devices that we use. Everyone has their own effect.

I have nothing against the sound cracks, I have already returned them, but I do not hear the sound of a body bullet-hit.

This sound is not noticeable

@LordJarhead As i mention a few posts back,the bandage/heal sound,usually when healed by another unit(AI on AI too) results in the bandage sound looping indefinetly at the source of the bandager,ie the medic.

I removed:

jsrs_soundmod_snd_movement.pbo.  

AND

JSRS_Soundmod_Cfg_Movement.pbo.

And the issue is gone.I just want to report incase anyone else is having the issue.

Is it possible to remove wind sounds?

Its too loud and is extremely annoying. Its not how wind is heard in real life, Its gotten to the point where i just don't play windy scenarios and every time wind comes up i just leave servers.

• Like 1

I can somewhat agree with above, even very low wind values are very loud, it feels datached from what's actually going on. I can't set the wind above probably 10% for most missions because of that.

Tho removing it outright might be going slightly too far, just tweaking the levels massively would do enough imo.

Maybe some basic levels could be adjusted by the user to suit their preferences, probably there will always be some disagreement

Hello,

I agree on the wind noises, I didn`t come to test this properly. I`ll do fix that later tonight and throw in a small update for you.

@Devastator_cm What exactly do you mean by stable? My RHS port works fine on my end... is there anything that has happened during my off time? (Been away from ArmA for like 4 weeks)

LJ

• Like 1

Nice update test so far. Liking the new little "features" added like the new weapon shake sound effects, etc. Really nice! I will say though from a personal tastes perspective, some weapons like the HK's and M4/M16's (RHS) for example now sound weakened and a bit dulled somehow. Like you fire a MX or Katiba and it has a strong nice volume punch that hits you. But then you go to a 416 for example and you can hear something that has potential in sound-style but....just doesn't have the punch and crispness as its counterpart rifles at the moment compared to the previous version. Maybe a bug or something, not sure. But I'll do some more testing in the future. Either way, another awesome update! :)

While our group really likes both NIArms weapons and JSRS, we don't use large quantities of the NIArms weapons and only have the (rather large) All-in-One pack for the JSRS compatibility.

Is there any possibility of the NIArms compatibility PBO being broken up to match the individual weapon packs? E.g. compat_aks.pbo, compat_m4s.pbo, compat_g3s.pbo, etc.

Or if that is not possible (I appreciate it may be a lot of effort), is the source code for the compatibility files available anywhere so I could build our own PBO with just the packs we use?

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fourjays said:

While our group really likes both NIArms weapons and JSRS, we don't use large quantities of the NIArms weapons and only have the (rather large) All-in-One pack for the JSRS compatibility.

Is there any possibility of the NIArms compatibility PBO being broken up to match the individual weapon packs? E.g. compat_aks.pbo, compat_m4s.pbo, compat_g3s.pbo, etc.

Or if that is not possible (I appreciate it may be a lot of effort), is the source code for the compatibility files available anywhere so I could build our own PBO with just the packs we use?

Thanks

My group uses just 3 or 4 NIArms weapons and most of us use the JSRS NIArms Sound mod, the only thing that i've noticed so far is the warning saying i'm missing some weapons when i click play. Haven't noticed any problems ingame so far

• Like 1

I have no echoes in RHS AK's or PKM's. Anybody here noticed the same? Also is it possible or useful to combine JSRS with Enhanced Soundscape mod?

On 02/09/2018 at 2:41 PM, Phantom Hawk said:

Has anyone else noticed that the To-199 Neophron's 30mm cannon has no firing sound only an echo.

Seem to have the same problem with RHS AH-64Ds and AH.1Zs

Hello, thanks for the mod, excellent work, is it possible to change the sound of the airplane a164 with the real sound and to have a high volume when making a sharp flight? I hope to have been clear.

Greetings and thanks.

The sound for the A-164's minigun doesn't loop properly, instead it keeps looping back to the beginning of the sound, causing the audio to stutter.

Hey. I'm not that experienced in modding and never tried sound modding so i have no idea what is required. How hard would it be to create a patch/mod that implements JSRS's RHS Blackhawk and Little Bird sounds for CUP?

Imo it would give a huge quality boost for cup. 

So I have noticed an issue with the RHS compats, they cause a lot of RPT spam for the reloading sounds. I don't allow the JSRS reloading sounds mod on our server, and it is only the RHS weapons that cause issues. The NIA one doesn't seem to be causing any issues.

Hello,

fist update for 2019, I'm still here!

JSRS Soundmod - 6.19.0109 Changes:

Tweaks
- Tweaked most land vehicle volumes for interior and exterior sounds
- Tweaked some of the helicopter volumes
- Tweaked all weapons firing sounds to sound more bassy, metallic, modern FPS shooter like - Very drastic changes!
- Tweaked open field weapon firing reflections
- Tweaked all weapon firing volumes and distances
- Tweaked 3D processors for more environmental awereness
- Tweaked Vehicle weapon firing sounds for more interior feeling when the camera is inside the vehicle
- Tweaked Increased audible silenced weapon distance
- Tweaked Interior weapon firing silencer volume
- Tweaked Increased bullethit sounds volume and audible distance

Additions
- Added New environmental weapon firing reflections for urban and forest areas
- Added AD97 into vanilla content
- Added New interior vehicle firing sounds (Being in first person)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2