Fiddi

[RELEASE] Light advanced vehicle respawn

4 hours ago, rowdied said:

They work fine in SP and MP hosting but not on dedicated server

Are you by any chance beginning the mission inside those vehicles?

23 hours ago, RCA3 said:

Are you by any chance beginning the mission inside those vehicles?

Nope, they start as empty and whether they move or stay in place while they get destroyed, the init code doesnt work.

Again it is only on dedicated server.

Hey, threw a quick local dedicated server test and the Example.vr mission that comes with the script seems to work fine.

Maybe you need to name the vehicles in the editor. Try that.

1 hour ago, RCA3 said:

Hey, threw a quick local dedicated server test and the Example.vr mission that comes with the script seems to work fine.

Maybe you need to name the vehicles in the editor. Try that.

Ok you don't understand what I am asking so let me clarify for you.

This works on a dedicated server.

what doesnt work is this; see below 

2 : CODE (OPTIONAL) - Initialization for vehicle. (To call vehicle use: _this)

The code I use in the init of the car to teleport to base will not work once the car has been destroyed and then respawned. It works in sp and mp hosted missions but not on a dedicated server.

Any ideas why?

1 hour ago, rowdied said:

Ok you don't understand what I am asking so let me clarify for you.

My bad. I'll take a look again.

@rowdied ,

Depends on your code really, here it worked again. I used this:

[this, 3, {_this setPos (getMarkerPos "mkr1")}] call FRED_fnc_vehicleRespawn;

Paste your line. I'm guessing you're not using curled brackets? 🤨

On 4/26/2021 at 11:50 AM, rowdied said:

I don't want to use MGI modules as there is no way to turn off the notification once the vehicle respawns and Pierre wont add that option to turn it off.

😢

It's useful (for the side, not every one) to know that a vehicle has respawned at a chosen position. That said, I took months tuning scripts for weird behavior like respawning UAV, aircraft onboard carrier, crew, loadouts and cargoes, appearance... even added actions on vehicles (MHQ/Halo for example)...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RCA3 said:

@rowdied ,

Depends on your code really, here it worked again. I used this:

[this, 3, {_this setPos (getMarkerPos "mkr1")}] call FRED_fnc_vehicleRespawn;

Paste your line. I'm guessing you're not using curled brackets? 🤨

Ok, it works in SP and MP but not on a dedicated sever. It is obviously not calling the script properly on a server and is missing the proper code to get it to read correctly. I will mess aound with it a bit more. thanks!

12 hours ago, pierremgi said:

😢

It's useful (for the side, not every one) to know that a vehicle has respawned at a chosen position. That said, I took months tuning scripts for weird behavior like respawning UAV, aircraft onboard carrier, crew, loadouts and cargoes, appearance... even added actions on vehicles (MHQ/Halo for example)...

Yes and you are absolutely correct to make it that way ot any way you want, so don't be sad. I just don't want the people I play with to know when the mhq respawns back at base. A mission design preference to keep them from knowing exactly when it responds or else the dynamic of the mission will be just running and grabbing the mhq as soon as it respawns because they will know when it does as per the indicator.

I use your modules for a lot of other things and the most valued is the flip vehicle one. It would be worth it's weight it gold if BIS could fix that stupid Collison issue in the next Arma on dedicated servers.

@rowdiedLet me know if you experience some difficulties with your respawn MHQ. I'll find a way to add something in my module... but, for sure, if you can DIY with another code it's fine.

On 4/28/2021 at 4:38 PM, pierremgi said:

@rowdiedLet me know if you experience some difficulties with your respawn MHQ. I'll find a way to add something in my module... but, for sure, if you can DIY with another code it's fine.

Hey Pierremgi I wasnt able to get the script working properly on a dedicated server and gave up. If you are still willing to add the option to turn off the notification on your module I will sing your praise from the Arma heavens!!!
If you are still willing that is..
thanks!

Ok, no problem. I'm about to issue a little tweak anyway, for vehicles respawning at start (or on marker position) to keep their appearance (wings folded, doors opened...)

Done. But the notification is set by default. So untick last param.

5 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Done. But the notification is set by default. So untick last param.

Awesome thank you

👼 singing praise from the heavens!!!!

My unit has noticed that the variable of the vehicle respawning doesn't quite work right. It'll come up properly if you call it using the vehicleVarName command, but it won't work properly when you call that variable in a script, such as a moveInAny command. 
The vanilla respawn module does do that properly, so it would be awesome if some lines of code could be added to make sure the variable name is added properly. We found a way to fix it in the init using "publicVariable". So, our band-aid fix is as follows: 

[this, 5, {vehicleRespawn = _this; publicVariable "vehicleRespawn";}] call FRED_fnc_vehicleRespawn;

but I'm sure someone who knows the script's code better might be able to figure out a more elegant solution that doesn't require calling publicVariable in the code section of the init.