Hi everyone,

Based on recent successful proof of concept with the first version of my campaign system in the Korosten/Zhitomir campaign, I am moving ahead with v2 of the system for IF (enhancing terrain generation, individual soldier tracking, supply/morale etc).

This is all in the context of historical/realistic MP coop action, dead is dead, no respawns/replays, no force balancing etc (i.e. completely different to the most common MP styles these days). This context provides an opportunity where I think the Arma MP system could be improved. Ideally, for my purposes, I need to have an MP Player Lobby that hides the opposition force strength from the player's view. That is, each connecting player would need to be authenticated into a particular side BEFORE they enter the lobby. When they enter the lobby after authentication they would only be able to see friendly units/slots/dispositions. Slot selection then takes place and the mission is run as usual. The benefit here is secrecy and fog of war - players should not automatically get perfect intel on the enemy OOB at the start of each mission.

My question is this: does anyone know of such a mod for A2 or A3? Alternatively, is anyone aware of a way to script the game (A2 or A3) that may allow such a mod to be developed?

Cheers,

Madbilly

in A3 you can run the server with -skipLobby

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#skipLobby

Or you can script behavior to some extent in the lobby like

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-how-to-skip-briefing-screen-in-mp/

Finally you could modify the dialog to have undesired information not shown.

However you would need to script you own slot selection to happen ingame, if you need that

Finally you could modify the dialog to have undesired information not shown.

Thanks .kju. How would that be done? Is there a particular diag resource for the MP lobby that could be edited?

RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup

Thanks again. I have poked around a little and found this  as an example of RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup scripting. But I can't see where in the game files the RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup function would be called/used. I must be missing something obvious!