BlacKnightBK

I do not understand "setTriggerStatements" command

Hello everyone,

I have nearly reached the end of my first mission. I was a bit stuck on how to set the winning conditions for a mission so i decided to look at a similar mission file and i found this command with the triggers.

My question is how do i use it, i read the commands description here and I cannot understand it.

Have you tried placing trigger in editor? Have you seen condition, activation and deactivation input boxes on trigger template? This is the scripted way of filling those boxes.

params:

1. True or false, (for example "alive player"), also a list of what "this" can be used in the string (this, thisTrigger, thisList)
  2. Executed if the trigger is enabled (and param 1 is true), also a list of what "this" can be used in the string (thisTriggerthisList)
  3. Executed if the trigger is disabled (and param 1 is false), also a list of what "this" can be used in the string (thisTrigger)

example?: (for when the player is in the trigger radius)

_trigger setTriggerStatements ["alive player", "isAliveInTrigger = true;", "isAliveInTrigger = false;"]; 

Rough example, but do you get it?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, stokesgamingmc said:

params:

1. True or false, (for example "alive player"), also a list of what "this" can be used in the string (this, thisTrigger, thisList)
  2. Executed if the trigger is enabled (and param 1 is true), also a list of what "this" can be used in the string (thisTriggerthisList)
  3. Executed if the trigger is disabled (and param 1 is false), also a list of what "this" can be used in the string (thisTrigger)

_trigger setTriggerStatements ["alive player", "isAliveInTrigger = true;", "isAliveInTrigger = false;"]; 

Thanks, that was the best explanation bro

1 hour ago, stokesgamingmc said:

params:

Thanks, that was the best explanation bro