Tankbuster

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. a3_characters_f

I'm getting this message when my dedicated server starts.

10:52:51 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
a3_characters_f

The mission loads and runs fine, as far as I can see. I've verified the cache  - all that did was change the appid.

Any ideas?

Hi m8, I'm not sure what is causing this but I have seen this before on some clients when they connect to servers

As you have already verified cache, we should (But really we shouldnt) be ruling out a corrupted download, steam is great at messing this up

So you could delete the pbo that holds the data on the machine where the rpt error message is being created and then update/verify cache again

You could also try unpboing the mission and resaving it on a stable client.

I have absolutely no idea why the appid changed, it shouldn't have done .

The only guess i can make about this is you patched the server via the steam.cmd and then you used the gui based client steam application or armatools to verify the cache or vice versa.

If your batch code command line uses "validate" as an argument I believe this acts the same way the the "verifycache" in the steam client gui

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Hi, Terox, thanks for replying. Just to be clear, this message appears in the server RPT, not in the clients.

I use steam tools build of the dedicated server not the command line stuff. I've never done steam.cmd.

I also use some ropey old launcher called TADST to start it. :)

I'll try the 'delete the offending pbo' technique and see what happens.

BI bugged cfgPatches/requiredAddons/cfgAddons. Search the FT for the ticket.

I purchased this game through Steam. There is no product key. I can't login to the server my friends play on and I can't play campaign missions. I've wasted two hours messing with this, how do I fix it???

"You cannot play this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.DATA._HOUSES_DS"