Poupoko

Say3D - no sound coming out

Hi, I wanted to add a 3D song in a AM radio ingame, so I created a folder "music" in my mission folder, in wich I add the .ogg music with name "greekmusic". I also created the description.ext with those lines :

class CfgSounds
{
 sounds[] = {};
 class greekmusic
 {
  name = "greekmusic";
  sound[] = {"music\greekmusic.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
  titles[] = {};
 };
};    

I put a radio AM and in the int. line I wrote : this say3D "greekmusic";

But when I launch the game, there's no sound coming out of the radio, even when I set db+10... Can somebody help me ? I tried a lot of thing but nothing works...

Try adding greekmusic to  sounds[] = {};

sounds[] = {greekmusic};
class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {greekmusic};

class greekmusic
	{
		name = "greekmusic";
		sound[] = {"music\greekmusic.ogg", 1, 1};
		titles[] = {};
	};

Yes it's a mono file I just checked !

28 minutes ago, csk222 said:

Try adding greekmusic to  sounds[] = {};

sounds[] = {greekmusic};

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {greekmusic};

class greekmusic
	{
		name = "greekmusic";
		sound[] = {"music\greekmusic.ogg", 1, 1};
		titles[] = {};
	};

It still doesn't work :(

I suggest you try to make it play with some arma .ogg file to eliminate one possibility that you have some incompatible format

Try it like this to see if the sound works. It should say "Objective Complete - Well Done"

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {greekmusic};

class greekmusic
	{
		name = "greekmusic";
		sound[] = {"@A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\data\ENG\Male01ENG\RadioProtocolENG\Normal\230_GenericRadioMessages\GenComplete2.ogg", 1, 1};
		titles[] = {};
	};

NOTE:

I just re-read your post and are you just putting this say3D "greekmusic"; in the init? I'm not sure if that works like that where it will automatically play when you preview/launch the mission. Try it in the activation field of a trigger.

34 minutes ago, csk222 said:

Try it like this to see if the sound works. It should say "Objective Complete - Well Done"

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {greekmusic};

class greekmusic
	{
		name = "greekmusic";
		sound[] = {"@A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\data\ENG\Male01ENG\RadioProtocolENG\Normal\230_GenericRadioMessages\GenComplete2.ogg", 1, 1};
		titles[] = {};
	};

NOTE:

I just re-read your post and are you just putting this say3D "greekmusic"; in the init? I'm not sure if that works like that where it will automatically play when you preview/launch the mission. Try it in the activation field of a trigger.

It says that he can't find "greekmusic" with your code :/

This one do what I do and it works :

He simply put this say3D "song"; in the init line of the entity and it works...:(

2 hours ago, theend3r said:

Is it mono? The game won't play a stereo .ogg.

Yes it will, I have a few ogg sounds configured in CfgSounds for one of my mission, all stereo 44100 32bit with no problems.

I had exactly the same problem the other day with a new sound I was adding and it was because the file was mono, as soon as I turned it into stereo using audacity it worked fine :/.

I just tried it out and it DOES play automatically upon preview/launch. My example worked saying "Objective Complete".

Here's an example mission Dropbox Link - say3Dsound_test.VR

2 hours ago, csk222 said:

I just tried it out and it DOES play automatically upon preview/launch. My example worked saying "Objective Complete".

Here's an example mission Dropbox Link - say3Dsound_test.VR

Strange, it doesn't work last time I tried, I'll try again (thx for the link)

Thx now it works fine with your description.ext !!

Just a last question : I want an IA to play a song when he's dead, still with say3D.

I made a trigger with !alive bob; (bob is the IA), and I choose the song in the effect list, but how can I make it in the way that it's bob that will say aaaarg in say3D and not like a music in the backround ?

dead people can't talk. so the most common way is spawning a dummy object to make that do the talking.

• Thanks 1