BlacKnightBK

Loading mods on server

Hello everyone, 

So basically I want to disable all mods on server but one specific mod "NSS admin Console". I do not expect all the admins to subscribe to it on steam so is there a way to have it download along with the mission file so admins can use it?

No, unfortunately that's not possible with ArmA, even though a lot of people would like to see this (either download directly, or have a quick-link to Steam Workshop).

Although, since it's an admin tool, it shouldn't be too hard to require admins to either subscribe for it on Steam. And if they don't, then the tool is not available to them (if it's an server-only mod).

34 minutes ago, grezvany13 said:

No, unfortunately that's not possible with ArmA, even though a lot of people would like to see this (either download directly, or have a quick-link to Steam Workshop).

Although, since it's an admin tool, it shouldn't be too hard to require admins to either subscribe for it on Steam. And if they don't, then the tool is not available to them (if it's an server-only mod).

hmm, thanks. However, how then do i allow specific mods only and deny others. 

So basically if a player joined with mod X which is not listed as accepted by server he would get kicked?

and if he joined with or without mod y which is in the list he can then play??

NSS Admin Console is also in script form.

No need for a modification if you're worried about downloading mods.

Mods always provide better performance and better integration at that though

20 hours ago, BlacKnightBK said:

hmm, thanks. However, how then do i allow specific mods only and deny others. 

So basically if a player joined with mod X which is not listed as accepted by server he would get kicked?

and if he joined with or without mod y which is in the list he can then play??

Actually there's a very simple method for that, without worrying of kicking people or requiring everyone to have the mod(s) installed.

If the server only has the keys available, and not the mod itself enabled (so it's not in the startup parameters), then the mod is allowed to be used but not required.

Although according to the mod page:

For certain features like server side logging and being able to enter the Zeus interface the console needs to also run on the 
server.

This means that if you also want the mod to run on the server, ALL players are required to run the mod locally (not only admins).

Am I wrong?

Does NSS Admin Console not have a scripted form?

I swear I had a mission running with it not too long ago, 

did it get removed?

1 hour ago, Midnighters said:

Am I wrong?

Does NSS Admin Console not have a scripted form?

I swear I had a mission running with it not too long ago, 

did it get removed?

I can only find mod folders, cant find it in script form