tirtex007

Tired of Arma

I've started to get tired of Arma and I don't know why. I love the game. Any ways that I can try to love it again?

Take a 2 month break. Play other games. Withstand the pain of other shooters that dont let you freelook . Admire other games that let their AI use buildings. Write a novel or equally long graphic novel. Dont allow yourself to either play Arma nor check its changelogs. Learn to breakdance or play the Viola. Part your hair to the other side. If you have a beard, shave it. If not, please do not grow one there are too many.

Come back a changed man. You are cured.

• Like 10

To be honest I haven't actually played Arma 3 much either for months. I can launch it every now and then to test things but that's usually it. One thing is probably that now I'm rarely home in the weekend and when I'm, I usually play War Thunder tank battles, World of Warships, Total War: Warhammer, AoE 3 or racing games with friends. My Summer car has been the most recent singleplayer game I've started to enjoy a lot.

This reminded me that I really need to play through couple user made campaigns. There were couple cool ones in the MANW contest that I haven't played since that competition ended.

• Like 1

go play ghost recon wildlands.

it's the most beautiful landscapes i have every seen in a game. real next level shit. then realise that it's also the most shallow piece of shit they could've made it.

this will make you realise real quick why arma, eventhough it is a totally buggy mess with staggering lack of official content, is still one of the very few choices for people who are into tactical shooters, especially for PvE. not to confuse with "tacticool arcade borderline mobile game shooters literally made for toddlers" a la wildlands.

you can tell. playing wildland beta made me real butthurt but it made me realise what arma does right. it's not even that hard to do but no one does it for some reason.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

go play ghost recon wildlands.

it's the most beautiful landscapes i have every seen in a game. real next level shit. then realise that it's also the most shallow piece of shit they could've made it.

this will make you realise real quick why arma, eventhough it is a totally buggy mess with staggering lack of official content, is still one of the very few choices for people who are into tactical shooters, especially for PvE. not to confuse with "tacticool arcade borderline mobile game shooters literally made for toddlers" a la wildlands.

you can tell. playing wildland beta made me real butthurt but it made me realise what arma does right. it's not even that hard to do but no one does it for some reason.

I would rather recommend to play Far Cry 3 or 4 imho

• Like 1

because they are even worse or because they are better? my point was not really serious about actually going to play it but rather showing that sadly arma is still the best PvE tactical shooter i know (although happy to receive some recommendations). i'd rather not suggest you waste money on it. but of course tastes are entirely subjective.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Take a 2 month break. Play other games. Withstand the pain of other shooters that dont let you freelook . Admire other games that let their AI use buildings. Write a novel or equally long graphic novel. Dont allow yourself to either play Arma nor check its changelogs. Learn to breakdance or play the Viola. Part your hair to the other side. If you have a beard, shave it. If not, please do not grow one there are too many.

Come back a changed man. You are cured.

Ahh, froggyluv.....we've never met, but I do love you so. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Ahh, froggyluv.....we've never met, but I do love you so. 

Indeed, same here. Moreover, considering his name, he loves frogs :float:

• Like 2

Ahh shucks fellas, you sure know how to make a frog blush, and blush and blush somemore *gasps* chameleon out of control!!!!

• Like 1

Try different roles, be a medic or a pilot, play online if you haven't been, try different online mods like exile, king of the hill etc.(dont play any life mods, they make you rage quit most of the time), watch a war movie, try retexturing stuff, make missions. If none of these help or you don't want to try these just to love the game, don't play arma. After some time you start to hate when you push yourself to play. Delete the game and turn back whenever you want. I've deleted and downloaded back arma 2 like 6 times

• Like 1

I mean everyone gets that way. It just helps to teak breaks now and again. Hell I go through a stint of play 5 different games simply because i get tired of playing one. Or take up a hobby to take up most of your arma time.

19 minutes ago, Raymond.M said:

I mean everyone gets that way. It just helps to teak breaks now and again. Hell I go through a stint of play 5 different games simply because i get tired of playing one. Or take up a hobby to take up most of your arma time.

That's exactly what i've done, i bought Fallout 4 over Christmas. Ive now lost hours and hours playing it :don16:

On 2/6/2017 at 2:34 PM, tirtex007 said:

I've started to get tired of Arma and I don't know why. I love the game. Any ways that I can try to love it again?

Take up a project for the game, learn how to build a mod, script, create a mission series, or something you are interested in, either a mission to release, mod, a thread project, ect,.

What i do and I'm excited almost all the time to work on them.

Right now Im building a new mod for my series, along with a mission for it, which will be the 11th mod I've created since 2009, then i have a massive secret mod project im working on with a bunch of guys, ssh ;)

at same time I have a thread im compiling for the community (see link at bottom of my sig), another project is the update of a Rts Mission series, along with new missions for it along with recording and editing videos for them.

so I'm in and out of the game.

I think the intermittent breaks because of the multiple projects im doing keeps me in the game because i can never get burnt out, and when i do play I end up with 1-3hr sessions, and like this past sunday

i played 9hrs straight of a mission i am working on for my mod, ended up just playing and exploring, and having a blast.

• Like 1

You may want to try OFP/ ArmA:CWA and its gazillions of mods, you'll see how refreshing it can be ;) American civil war ? Napoleonic ? Ancient times ? WW2 ? WW1 ? SciFi ? Everything is there :)

• Like 1

As other people have said, best thing would probably be to either take a couple months break from Arma and come back when you really feel like you want to come back, or start a project (a mod or something like that) that requires you to learn new stuff. That would give you new things to do both in and out of the game.

On 07/02/2017 at 0:06 AM, froggyluv said:

Withstand the pain of other shooters that dont let you freelook . Admire other games that let their AI use buildings.

Arma in a nutshell! :sol:

Develop a cryo chamber underground until Arma 4, Half Life 3, or something else comes. You'll need the cryo chamber.

My graphics card died on me about maybe 8 months ago... so no more Arma and its been a blessing, ive brought and played many other games and played older games again like Stalker, Borderlands, Dead space, Mafia 2, Mass effect etc etc, Steam is fkn great :) currently im playing Sleeping Dogs which im enjoying much more than GTA5.

I miss messing around with Arma but i have over 3000hrs wasted on "messing around".. ill only install Arma again if Meshcarver ever finishes Nova Zona and someone creates an awesome stalker mod with Duty, Freedom, Stalkers and the ability to create Faction Wars using Alive... otherwise Arma as a game does not entice me anymore, its kinda lifeless.

I play OFP instead of ArmA 2 (still don't have 3rd one) for several months already.