pettka

"3FPS Issue" - Call for Help

14 hours ago, enzob007 said:

Maybe worth mentioning that Windows 10 has that xbox game dvr shit.

May be related to 

In addition AMD released not that long ago their ReLive feature.

can confirm its not this. I ran arma off intel integrated graphics and xbox dvr, as well as with no recording software, and got the same amount of texture bugs using a graphics card and shadowplay

second that. Same issues with Integrated hd 530

I've just noticed something new:

I had a static screen. I tried to ALT+TAB but I had a black screen. After waiting 5 min with the black screen, I decided to disconnect the HDMI cable and to plug it in again. And it worked (didn"t need to switch OFF/ON the pc), I was on my desktop background with the A3 launcher opened, but the game windows wasn't there, it closed automatically.

EDIT:

That was in Altis Life

gtx 1060

i5 6600k

all drivers updated

Edited by alexbu

On 2/7/2017 at 1:41 PM, major-stiffy said:

I only play Pilgrimage COOP and serve with one other person over the internet. This bug typically triggers when I use binocs, laser designator and zoom. Sometimes recovers, sometimes not.

^ This. I'm SP only, Pilgrimage and maybe another scenario mod. Never MP. This has definitely begun post-1.66 update.

I told you that 3 fps bug is a memory leaking.BTW in App data Arma 3 folder are multiplayer missions from the MP servers.Each time when i delete a Arma 3 folder in App data while logging on the server my game is receiving the mission file from server.

I've found that running the parameters below helps in my tests so far. This is the case over the last 4-5 days. Before I used to get the bug nearly all the time between 1-2 hours. Now it's at about 3-4 hours.

-malloc=system
-maxmem=2047

What worked for me and a friend, had it all the time before:

Install malloc: 

Custom Arguments:

-malloc=xtbbmalloc
Max Memory: 2048
Max VRAM: 2048
No Splash and Skip Intro

This is what ive got today on an Exile Altis server after tabbing in again

fbe7b1dc17cbaafec9e5d7d50bccfa03.jpg

I think its a memory grafic memory leak, or something in that direction.

Noticed also twice that the FPS bug appeared when i was at 3,2gb RAM for Arma, had the Task manager opened at that time

So can Arma 3 Dev's post a their opinion on possibile memory leaking in the game.If memory leaking is a source of 3 FPS bug can you guys patch this issue in 1.68 update?

I presume that 3 fps bug occured when ARMA went above 3gb in RAM. 

• Like 1

My group of Arma buddies all experience this every night.  We have vastly divergent PC specs, from barely meets required system specs to Hex Core, 32gb RAM with GTX Titan GPUs.  The 3FPS bug will pop up at the 2 hour mark when we are playing on Altis or Stratis and at the 1 hour mark when we are playing on Tanoa.  We are playing A3Wasteland mission file on A3Armory's servers 99% of the time.  It does however happen when the same frequencies when playing KoTH or Breaking Point.

Its possible to clear the issue temporarily by alt tabbing or looking down at the ground, but once it has happened once it will happen again and always at the worst possible time.  So when we are able to clear the issue we take that opportunity to log out and back in.  If you leave the game running too long after the first occurrence the game will crash (usually within 20 or 30 min) with a memory error. 

Personally when getting close to the 1 or 2 hour mark, depending on the map, I will see the bug manifest when I scope or zoom in.  Although it can manifest initially from other actions like entering or leaving a vehicle or spinning your view around "too fast". 

Is this the please share your 3FPS stories thread or the please share your 3FPS log dumps so we can fix it thread?

I fail to see how any of these stories can help. The devs asked for specific files from users because they have been unable to reproduce it on their end.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2017 at 8:17 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Is this the please share your 3FPS stories thread or the please share your 3FPS log dumps so we can fix it thread?

I fail to see how any of these stories can help. The devs asked for specific files from users because they have been unable to reproduce it on their end.

Still need to add the procdump files to BattlEye whitelist...

On 11/02/2017 at 4:38 PM, STRIDER890 said:

So can Arma 3 Dev's post a their opinion on possibile memory leaking in the game.If memory leaking is a source of 3 FPS bug can you guys patch this issue in 1.68 update?

A memory leak (if it's the cause of this bug) is really hard to fix. Can't explain with details in a short post, but for example: If your game crash with an "out of memory" error when there is an explosion, you can't say "the explosion was the issue". Anything could be the "real" issue (in another game, a memory leak was actually caused by the status bar, for example).

More funny example: You have a bag that can contain 100 apples. But when you try put the 80th apple into this bag, it doesn't fit. Is the problem your 80th apple? Probably not, and you'll have to check "deeper" into the bag to understand what's happened before (and sometimes long before) this last action.

Checking a complex code and memory dumps is hard, even with the right tools.

• Like 2

Devs,not sure if this will have any relevance,

But i just remembered i had experienced this issue an entire year ago,long before the 1.66 obviously.

A tigris fired auto cannons at infantry,3FPS bug happened way back then,but it was a one time thing.Now adays a common occurence 

In my RPT file right when the bug happens this is what happens and will continue to log the last 8 lines until I exit the game or it comes back. 377e151b63ccaa7a4cba9f4c77308459.png

I would like to know what is causing different files to deinitialize during the game? Which then causes the memory to get all out of wack. 

When I notice 3fps bug is happening I try to quit from mission. If I succeed I see errors like

class
'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierGB/HitPoints/HitFace/' is not defined ('name' accessed)

anybody else have such popup messages in main screen?

Same problem!

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

@BI Developers
I have a mission in which I receive every single time 3fps bug just in 10 minutes.
It has several mods though. If you are interested I can share it with you

34 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

@BI Developers
I have a mission in which I receive every single time 3fps bug just in 10 minutes.
It has several mods though. If you are interested I can share it with you

Even if they don't want it, there might be other who like to test it too.

So please upload and share what you've found. (thx)

Here you go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zs6eerywr4z4jt/11_Test.Altis.zip?dl=0

Mods which I use

• Community-Base-addons
  • RHS USAF
  • RHS Russia
  • Project Opfor
  • TFAR
  • ASR AI3
  • ACE3
  • TMT-Turkish-Forces
  • JSRS4APEX
  • DerSilvers_BSAE  (blastcore edited by Der Silver can be found at armaholic)
  • F16 Standalone
  • FIR AWS
  • fir F16c skins for NATO

Additional Info

I use ACE3 optionals 

• ace_compat_rhs_afrf3
  • ace_compat_rhs_usf3
  • ace_tracers
  • ace_particles

ASR AI3 has RHS and Opfor optionals as well

How issue happens?

• Choose the civilian which is close to airport
  • Go to Zeus Mode to see action
  • Set g_attack = true  in console so blufor will start their attack to airport
  • After some nice fight you will hit the 3FPS. It usually happens quick after firefight starts

• Like 4

Got it working and FPS bug is there!

(My PC was resistant and rather crashed right away than dropping frames, so it's quite a surprise)

I wonder if we can recreate this in vanilla.

• Like 1

I tried with vanilla but had no success today. Maybe need to put more objects in mission to have the problem.
I hoped that issue lies with MODs but I also faced 3fps with vanilla setup while I was playing wasteland at a3armory servers as well...

google translate not more sorry my englich is bad.

Replacing my GTX 970 by a 1080 video card same problem out, I do not encounter this concern with a 560 ti this could it be related to the load of the Vram rather than that of the RAM of the same computer? Someone already try to test on a powerful video chipset to see if this produced it in play or with another card of the old series? thank you in advance

5 minutes ago, raptor122 said:

J'ai constaté que ça pourrais venir de la carte graphique NVIDIA du moins, des pilotes j'ai récemment changer de carte vidéo remplacer ma GTX 970 par une carte vidéo 1080 même problème hors, je ne rencontre pas ce souci avec une 560 ti cela pourrais t'il être lié à la charge de la Vram plutôt que celle de la RAM de l'ordinateur même ?

Quelqu’un à déjà essayer de tester sur un chipset vidéo performant pour voir si cela ce produisait en jeu?

Merci d'avance

In English please !

Hello fellow baguettes :)

Please talk London next time