Jack Martindale

[ALiVE] How do I export a faction with ORBAT?

So I've created my faction, all the units are in, but I'm totally lost as to what to do next, I've tried searching for guides but none give easy or definitive answers.

On the ALiVE wiki it says to click the 'generate config' button but I don't see this anywhere on my ORBAT tool.
Another tutorial said to copy the 'full faction' and 'cfgpatches' export option, but failed to mention where to paste them. 

I'm completely new to modding, and only want to make this simple faction to mess around in the editor/some scenarios with.
I'm totally lost now, can anyone help?

Select the faction in the ORBAT Creator and click (on the top menubar) Export >> Full Faction

Post the data that was copied to your clipboard to the autogen.hpp file

Then click Export >> CfgPatches

Post the data that was copied to your clipboad to the CfgPatches.hpp file

The wiki will explain where to obtain the mod template file and how to construct the mod from there.

Please direct further questions to http://alivemod.com/forum/

Thanks for your reply, I have the template downloaded, but the further instructions on the wiki don't make sense to me, I have pasted in the code to both files but I have no idea what to do next.

Do you know how to pbo files for ArmA3?  You can use ArmA3 tools or any number of popular tools to do it.  There are lots of guides around how to do it.

I'm afraid not, I've never touched modding before, I just wanted to make a quick custom faction to make things easier for me!

Creating my own faction using ORBAT worked. But placing those newly created infantry units in the editor I cannot change their loadout. They automatically revert back to the original equipment when starting the mission. Any ideas? 

On 12/13/2017 at 12:22 PM, Tobur said:

Creating my own faction using ORBAT worked. But placing those newly created infantry units in the editor I cannot change their loadout. They automatically revert back to the original equipment when starting the mission. Any ideas? 

As far as I understand ORBAT really just scripts a faction's unit loadouts so its not possible to change them in the editor because the loadout script runs when the units spawn. The only way to do it is to open the faction in ORBAT and change a unit's loadout from there and recompile.

Hello there is a wiki somewhere on how (where) to export the faction crate and preview image ?

• Like 2

Hello, How to create orbat crates box,

please help us

Edited by Dedmen
Removed allcaps.

I created a faction with ALIVE and closed the game. Now I want to edit it, how can I import it?