Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

So I got a key for the Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 beta today, and not really having played any of the previous titles I decided to have a look today:

• Like 3

Never played Sniper Ghost Warrior, enjoyed the Sniper Elite serie though... getting Sniper Elite 4 for PS4 when it comes out soon.

8 minutes ago, jw custom said:

Never played Sniper Ghost Warrior, enjoyed the Sniper Elite serie though... getting Sniper Elite 4 for PS4 when it comes out soon.

Yup, same for me.

I've played other 2 games and ai on first game was not perfect but it was nice, but on second game ai was pretty shitty. Only thing I loved about the first game was if you got spotted, you were fucked, but on second game you were simply a rambo. Now it seems like they've made a new far cry and named it sgw 3. I have questions to people who played the third game though; how is ai on new game?

Can they spot you behind the objects or are they blind?

Do they have the ability to hear your footsteps?

Can they turn their heads?(in first game they were looking around like a human being, but on second game, they weren't turning their heads)

Can you customize the hud?(I hate mini maps when they show where the enemy is)

And my last question is, are there difficulty settings?

• Like 1

Thanks, Sic. Seems promising. Honestly this wasn't really on my radar but now I'm intrigued.

I have to wonder about a few things hopefully the devs clean up before release:

1. Bummer that big hotel/apartment or whatever it was didn't seem enterable or explorable. Maybe it was? That place seemed enormous and would be neat if they had some indoors or CQB missions in a place like that.

2. The repetitive radio chat from the enemies. Wow. That's very very annoying.

3. Even though you had a silenced rifle, they seemed to know they were being attacked even when you cleanly sniped a guy with no one around. For a stealth game that was kind of a let down.

But all in all that was entertaining and I like what I see better here than even the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta. Thanks for the video. I'd love to see the next mission if you get around to playing it. 

To be honest, it kinda looks like a Far Cry game with a higher focus on stealth.... am I the only one with that impression?

Very disappointing that you can´t lean, absolute no go in such a game.... I smell a console port....

• Like 2

Ok so I'm looking for an official forum. I'd like to see some other impressions on this and maybe see if the devs interact with fans. Reddit and Steam are totally dead talking about this game which is very weird for a title like this!

I thought it was pretty bad tbh, not to mention they advertised it as an open beta, yet I had to contact them on twitter to get a key because their site wouldn't let me register.

Well, I've watched few more gameplays and apparently ai is retarded, they throw grenades to random positions, always make noise to let the player know where they are, bug out time to time etc.. Devs placed objects especially for players that come straight from hollywood, like red barrels, ziplines and secret paths. Another thing I noticed is drawing distance is like 300 meters. Maybe it's because of the place and weather, but I don't think game will allow players to see a kilometer away. I am sure there will be a stupid mission where the game will force player to shoot from 2 km away though. I wonder when the game developers will stop copying what is hip.

22 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks, Sic. Seems promising. Honestly this wasn't really on my radar but now I'm intrigued.

I have to wonder about a few things hopefully the devs clean up before release:

1. Bummer that big hotel/apartment or whatever it was didn't seem enterable or explorable. Maybe it was? That place seemed enormous and would be neat if they had some indoors or CQB missions in a place like that.

2. The repetitive radio chat from the enemies. Wow. That's very very annoying.

3. Even though you had a silenced rifle, they seemed to know they were being attacked even when you cleanly sniped a guy with no one around. For a stealth game that was kind of a let down.

But all in all that was entertaining and I like what I see better here than even the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta. Thanks for the video. I'd love to see the next mission if you get around to playing it. 

Glad you liked it! It wasn't really on my radar either because the previous two games seemed way to lineair and b-movie like for me to be very interested, but with the move to an open world I felt I might as well check out the beta.

1. It actually is explorable to a pretty large degree, you just need to find the proper entrance which is of course infested with enemies lol. I played around a bit without recording to test some stuff and managed to get inside.

2. Yeah, I hope they will make an effort to record a ton more. As far as I'm concerned I don't even want to hear them over the radio, just 3d shouts are fine with me.

3. I agree, and it seems kind of broken. I played the game some more and managed to shoot a few guys without the enemy noticing right away, but I haven't managed to do it completely without anybody noticing. Not sure what is going on there, if there is an artificial threshold for enemies going down (and I suppose not radio'ing in), or if somebody did actually spot a body, or if it's just the AI going tits up.

Also, for Tonci87, I was actually mistaken and there is leaning in the game. It works by moving up to an object and going into ironsights, which flips you over or around low cover.

I've played other 2 games and ai on first game was not perfect but it was nice, but on second game ai was pretty shitty. Only thing I loved about the first game was if you got spotted, you were fucked, but on second game you were simply a rambo. Now it seems like they've made a new far cry and named it sgw 3. I have questions to people who played the third game though; how is ai on new game?

Can they spot you behind the objects or are they blind?

Do they have the ability to hear your footsteps?

Can they turn their heads?(in first game they were looking around like a human being, but on second game, they weren't turning their heads)

Can you customize the hud?(I hate mini maps when they show where the enemy is)

And my last question is, are there difficulty settings?

Haven't played around with the AI enough to answer the first question. Their LOS seems to block fairly easily.

Also haven't tried running up to these guys yet, so not sure.

They do turn their heads. I've got a new video coming up in which a guy looks over his shoulder and notices me.

Not sure.

There is a normal difficulty setting for the beta but no others, though I have a feeling there will be more for the final release.

I recorded a second video and will probably upload it tomorrow. Overall though, I kind of like the game. It has a ton of problems that need to be fixed for me to consider buying it like a very weird weapon switch/inventory mechanic, the AI is hit or miss in that it sometimes immediately goes on alert and sometimes not (I really like that they go and use a mortar though!), and a few others. But all in all it's a lot better than the previous two titles, so I might get it. I will get Sniper Elite 4 though, because I enjoyed Sniper Elite 3 and 4's maps promise to be even more open which is awesome. I do hope you can turn off that annoying aim assist reticle outside of authentic mode (which disables the savegames in SE3 as well).

• Like 2

Thanks Sic! I look forward to the video! I love all your videos actually. :)

Where can the devs get your valuable feedback? I think you have some good suggestions but I don't see an official forum anywhere. Is it just their Twitter? Maybe they are watching your videos?

I find that extremely odd for a game of this magnitude to not have any easily findable official feedback forum. Even Reddit and Steam are practically silent on this game which is weird!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tonci87 said:

Wow, It's worse than I thought. I don't believe they will/can change the ai in 2 months

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks Sic! I look forward to the video! I love all your videos actually. :)

Where can the devs get your valuable feedback? I think you have some good suggestions but I don't see an official forum anywhere. Is it just their Twitter? Maybe they are watching your videos?

I find that extremely odd for a game of this magnitude to not have any easily findable official feedback forum. Even Reddit and Steam are practically silent on this game which is weird!

Thank you! ^^ 

I think the discussion area on Steam is probably the best place to voice any concerns. It would be nice if they actually found my videos hehe. But yeah, definitely very strange if they don't have any official forums!

• Like 1

I think the thing that is shown in the video I posted, where enemies simply disappear when you are too far away, is the strangest thing you can have in a game about sniping. It´s just sooo stupid. Honestly I do not think that they can fix the problems until release. The game might become decent after a few patches though.

• Like 1

In short i might say it's like poor man's Far Cry 4 but with a military guy instead , that likes to snipe things heh

yeah that AI is bad , kinda like in old Far Cry 2 , it is annoying when they suddenly know where you are , worse than in ArmA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonci87 said:

I think the thing that is shown in the video I posted, where enemies simply disappear when you are too far away, is the strangest thing you can have in a game about sniping. It´s just sooo stupid. Honestly I do not think that they can fix the problems until release. The game might become decent after a few patches though.

I thought I noticed something like that happening! That is really sub-par and needs to change. The game shows promise but it's stopped from being good by that and the myriad amount of bugs it currently has.

Anyway, video 2 :)

• Like 1