necrous

To-199 Neophron cockpit HUD review

Since we were announced about approaching Jets DLC in the nearest future, I have a suggestion on reviewing To-199 Neophron's HUD in a cockpit. Since I'm Russian, all the words with Cyrillic letters in Neophron's cockpit look really odd and freaking funny :smileee:.
So I googled some real Yak-130 cockpits and found some images where you can see what exactly is written. Although I understand there might be a problem with copyrights, which obviously forced BIS to name Kamaz Zamak, though I still think it would be really nice if words in Neophron's cockpit had some normal meaning (just like with A-164 Wipeout when you know gear actually means gear...)

post-41580-0-13659700-1359125404.jpg

5678460_original.jpg 

• Like 3

I think the reason the To-199 has Cyrillic words is because it's supposed to be CSAT's plane (Persian/middle eastern), not Russian. 

If they added the Russian writing they might run into copyright issues. 

i didnt know words such as gear, flaps and bomb are copyrighted in russia :suspicious:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, x3kj said:

i didnt know words such as gear, flaps and bomb are copyrighted in russia :suspicious:

Copyright really isn't a concept that is familiar anywhere in Russia. 

• Like 2

On 07.02.2017 at 8:41 PM, squirrel0311 said:

I think the reason the To-199 has Cyrillic words is because it's supposed to be CSAT's plane (Persian/middle eastern), not Russian. 

If they added the Russian writing they might run into copyright issues. 

Sure, it is CSAT's plane truly. Though don't you think when Russia's selling it's aircrafts/jets to China or India, they are changing HUD language to something unreadable and weird? :smileee: I mean, in this case you've mentioned, they should have changed the Cyrillic language in a Neophron's cockpit to Farsi or whatever else. But not to something that has no meaning at all and looks like a child trying to learn basic Russian and type some words :D 

On 2/4/2017 at 2:41 PM, Jack Martindale said:

I agree, I really think the planes need some love.

Agree, and not only in the physical appearance of the cockpits, but also the flight model and throttle behavior, especially before a 'Jet DLC'. 

If we explore these forums to see what users are saying about the flight model and the way the throttle behaves, we'd discover many are all saying the same thing, which is, airplane flight model seems a bit funky and throttle travel is downright extra funky.

I suppose most of us have gotten used to it over the years, but maybe now's a good time to revisit that. Maybe BIS should hire one of the 'Eagle Dynamics' (DCS) engineers to consult on the flight model and its issues, it would seem like such an easy fix.