Sign in to follow this  
AdirB

Three Newbie Questions

Hello, I am very very new in terrain building, I started two days ago percisely and sometimes I encounter with problems or things I don't know how to do. So, I need help with these:

1) I added a concerte layer to my terrain, in all works good except the fact that the grass is clipping through the concerte, what shall I do to fix it?

2) I noticed that my terrian has some concerte parts created by the L3DT, the terrian is randomly generated. I removed these additional and unnecessary concerte parts from the satellite mask in Photoshop but they obviously remained on the map texture, how can I edit it so it won't have these grey concerte parts and it will be similar to the mask layer?

3) How can I create a picturemap and a ui_map of my terrain?

I'd apperciate any kind of help! :)

Thanks in advance!

For your first question there are two possible solutions.  First is change the mask color under these items to something that doesn't have clutter attached to it.  The other solution is to use the clutter cutter object (not sure exactly where it is, but if you are using xCam you can search for it.

And to answer #3, you need to size your sat image to a certain size (not sure the size right now) and change it to .paa using texview in the tools.  Once you have that, place the file in a certain location in your project (again not sure as I am not at my PC) and then update the config with the proper info.  There a lot of tutorials on YouTube to get you the answere.