whiskeyfur

Controller customization broken (Saitek X-56)

Arma 3 seems unable to make any sense of the stick and throttle for the X-56 HOTAS from Saitek.

Please! I someone has a working profile and/or procedure on how to get this to work, I would appreciate it a lot.

Spoiler

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Throttle

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Stick

Hi whiskeyfur

I have the same Joystick as you do and mine is working. What exactly is the problem? The only issue i had with mine was that the Throttle just wouldn't register 0% or 100%, so it was always between 25% and 85% however i got that resolved.

On 2/1/2017 at 4:04 AM, GanX said:

Hi whiskeyfur

I have the same Joystick as you do and mine is working. What exactly is the problem? The only issue i had with mine was that the Throttle just wouldn't register 0% or 100%, so it was always between 25% and 85% however i got that resolved.

Sorry for the late delay but I did figure out it was a combination of which USB ports I had to plug into, and reboots to get it to work.
If I could replicate the problem I would try it again but since the reboots, it's been behaving. Strange.

Sorry to say, the problem resolved itself apparently. Which means I can offer no help on what I did to get it to work.

On 2/4/2017 at 6:53 PM, whiskeyfur said:

Sorry for the late delay but I did figure out it was a combination of which USB ports I had to plug into, and reboots to get it to work.
If I could replicate the problem I would try it again but since the reboots, it's been behaving. Strange.

Sorry to say, the problem resolved itself apparently. Which means I can offer no help on what I did to get it to work.

Well as long as it is working and you are enjoying the game then everything is ok. :) Also be aware that Arma 3 is very picky in the USB ports, when you move the joystick to different ports it might detect it as a different joystick.

Anyways, stay safe and happy hunting!

On 2/1/2017 at 11:04 PM, GanX said:

Hi whiskeyfur

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but if you could let me know what I have to do to get the X-56 joystick and throttle to be recognized in-game I would really appreciate it!

So I got it to detect the joystick and throttle after a reinstall of the Logitech software. Not sure why it bugged the first time. I then had some trouble with the in-game controller settings and the external software conflicting with each other. After some experimenting got that working and found this video that helped me fine tune the throttle settings. Hope this helps others with their X-56 H.O.T.A.S. setup.