Monument Valley - Old West Map

Description:
Since my first attempt on creating a map wasn't successful, I've started working on a new, working one map for my Wild West sandbox - Old West

Monument Valleynamesake of a place in USA, Arizona and Utah. It's size is 2048x2048 m. It takes place in the mid 19th century, in a time of Wild West era. 

Geography:
Terrain is mainly consists of desert. Other half of it is mountains and plateau. It will have little towns, farms, villages and also some of the Native American tribes when I'll finish working on a topo relief and flora. 

Plans:

•  Finish making topographical relief
  •  Update new sat map to a high-quality one (very boring and not necessary)
  • Map mask can be changed too, but is good already
  •  Add foliage
  •  Add buldings and other objects
  •  Release it

Requirements:

• Apex DLC
  • CUP Terrains - Core
  • Mattaust Buildings Pack
  • Maybe something more in the future

Snapshots:

Spoiler

5QW0Abk9PzM.jpg

xutS6lLXc3c.jpg

NAvQab2SoOU.jpg

7wUeMdpLazA.jpg

oxByUcOEDOY.jpg

A9hppTLXSmU.jpg

G6ILQZ4ocbo.jpg

B_bU0FKjpxs.jpg

Y728FGH30_0.jpg

i1l1Rds0cP4.jpg

These guys here. I need to thank them :D

• Like 13

You are making an entire new map just for a mission you want to make (the Old West - WIld West Sandbox). Sir respect to you! I hope to see this finished!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alex150201 said:

You are making an entire new map just for a mission you want to make (the Old West - WIld West Sandbox). Sir respect to you! I hope to see this finished!

My mission was not too good with FPS because of plenty of objects. Now I'm creating a map to give my sandbox a new freshness! Ty!

• Like 2

Just now, Igor Nikolaev said:

My mission was not too good with FPS because of plenty of objects. Now I'm creating a map to give my sandbox a new freshness! Ty!

Were you using a previous map before you started this one for your mission?

• Like 2

Just now, alex150201 said:

Were you using a previous map before you started this one for your mission?

No, it was Altis salt lake. My previous map didn't make it sadly. But I like this one more, I has more "westernish" feeling :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Igor Nikolaev said:

No, it was Altis salt lake. My previous map didn't make it sadly. But I like this one more, I has more "westernish" feeling :)

Very true! Also the Salt Lake was a good idea I would have never thought of it and with some post process effect you could make it look more "redish" but if you had FPS issues then don't bother going back, I am sure we will all be glad to see this map make it in arma 3! How much bigger is this map compared to the salt lake? :)

Very true! Also the Salt Lake was a good idea I would have never thought of it and with some post process effect you could make it look more "redish" but if you had FPS issues then don't bother going back, I am sure we will all be glad to see this map make it in arma 3! How much bigger is this map compared to the salt lake? :)

Way bigger! It's huge! 21 sq km! Altis lake is nearly 1 sq km! 

• Like 2

Way bigger! It's huge! 21 sq km! Altis lake is nearly 1 sq km! 

Sounds good! So I suppose your mission description must change :)

The world is actually set up on Altis, Almyra. There is a lot of locations. 3 towns, villages, Native Americans tribes and etc. Big canyon is located in the centre of a map. The desert is surrounded with rocks.

Sounds good! So I suppose your mission description must change :)

Yeah, guess I need to :)

• Like 2

Yeah, guess I need to :)

I've been following your Wild West Sandbox topic pretty much since you made it but I got the hype inside of me again :D

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, alex150201 said:

I've been following your Wild West Sandbox topic pretty much since you made it but I got the hype inside of me again :D

Good luck!

Ty :) To be honest, my sandbox is ready, only thing is this map, then we'll see. You know, I've been thinking of some kind of Wild West RP, like life servers, but in old west era. I think it could be really cool!

• Like 1

It might create another dependency, but the Iron Front mod has some really interesting assets tucked away in the editor that would/could enhance your project. 

• Like 1

Just now, Evil Organ said:

It might create another dependency, but the Iron Front mod has some really interesting assets tucked away in the editor that would/could enhance your project. 

Yeah, I've seen them. Still thinking, maybe will create a poll for it!

Interesting terrain, but you need to desaturate the satmap, it looks like an acid trip.

Just now, opteryx said:

Interesting terrain, but you need to desaturate the satmap, it looks like an acid trip.

Yeah, it's not a final version, will work on this sat map definitely!

• Like 2

@Igor Nikolaev nice to hear that we are not working any longer after 3-4 months silence?

1 hour ago, in005 said:

@Igor Nikolaev nice to hear that we are not working any longer after 3-4 months silence?

Why you think so? Feel free to type me!

The pictures looks fantastic. Really has that old west feel. I was wondering if you would create a winter version later? It does snow in the wild west! :D

8 hours ago, Valken said:

The pictures looks fantastic. Really has that old west feel. I was wondering if you would create a winter version later? It does snow in the wild west! :D

Will see! Right now focused on other wild west Arma things, I think you guys will love it

Hello, Igor. I commented on your main topic about the wild west project. I was thinking there was no other besides Dusty Roads, but I guess I've been wrong. I read everything here as well, but as I can see, the last comment is pretty old, so I'd like to ask if you're still working on this project and this map as well? Are they finished yet, are they WIP and perhaps you could say something about an eventual release date. I am really interested in your GREAT work and I appreciate all the will, patience and efforts that were necessary for this hard work to come true (at least for you for now). I guess I'm pretty excited for your mod and I can't wait to try it. 🙂