fathersarge

Repair buildings (Map and placed) in specified area

3 hours ago, kremator said:

through rebuilding the island!

(modern movie plot twist insertion) just to nuke it down again because the guys we were helping were actually the bad guys

Cheers

2 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

As this is the first post coming up with google on "arma 3 repair houses" and I had to fiddle out how it works, I now digging this up and referring to the solution which is now added as comment in biki:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDamage

It depends on the simulation and ruin type of the building. In the config "DestructionEffects" >> "Ruin1" >> "type" shows how the building's destruction will be handled. If this isn't empty string, then you can do as that comment describes. What actually happens is the building is moved 100m under the terrain and replaced by a ruin model. When you want to effect a repair, delete the ruin and setdamage 0 to the sunken building and it automatically leaps to the surface.

Many buildings do nothing when you damage them, so mission makers need to be careful which they choose

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

If this isn't empty string, then you can do as that comment describes

I did this on Altis builings:

getText (configFile >> "Vehicles" >> (typeOf cursorObject) >> "DestructionEffects" >> "Ruin1" >> "type")

giving me back empty strings: ""

I tried that code I posted in biki on those buidlings and it is working. Maybe the behaviour you describe is not a problem anymore?

Also the wreck models are deleted automatically after setting damage to 0.

Edit:I did a mistake with crawling the config.

I will try it again later.