16 hours ago, hcpookie said:

More blender texture paint goodness.  Can't seem to figure out how to add a dirt layer.  That I think would make it shine!

Those look quite good mate!

To be honest the previous two, the green with super pixelated greener dots and the blue with pixelated huge  lightblue dots both don't look good enough for a release in my honest opinion. 

Keep it up!

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images. Rule 14

G'day @hcpookie,

Keep up the great work.

You mentioned working on the sounds for the pulse rifle. Have you or Vilas considered working on the models and allowing them to utilise the attachment system?

Thank you

Can't imagine what attachments in game would be used on the pulse rifle.  Flashlight perhaps...???

Edit - here's a thought - since we can add radios to helmets now, I wonder can VESTS take flashlight attachments?  If so, it seems like a way to make the vests' flashlights work properly.  Hrm.  Seems like I tried this in the past and it didn't work however... ???

Flashlight helmets.  Hrm.  I'll have to find if there are any examples of that.  I tried vests in the past and they didn't work.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:39 PM, hcpookie said:

since we can add radios to helmets now

that's a very special thing.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:39 PM, hcpookie said:

I wonder can VESTS take flashlight attachments

No.

Also don't think flashlight helmets are a thing. I would love it tho 😢

I'm working on weapon IR flashlights but that doesn't help you :3

Flashlights are simulation specific things, the "type" needs to have support for spawning actual lights.

Though you could probably always script it, but you currently can only create scripted lightpoints, not cones.

but you could spawn a 3D model with vehicle simulation that has a "Headlamp"

• Like 1

More texture work.  Looking pretty good vs. the single reference pic in the "technical manual"...

dropshipcamotest4.jpg

• Like 1

Just gonna drop this baby here for a while...

Spoiler

G'day @hcpookie,

I was thinking that maybe you could put a rail mount on the top of the Pulse Rifle to allow the mounting of red dot/holographic sights. They would seem the most appropriate for the type of weapon.

IIRC the pulse rifles in the Aliens: Colonial Marines game were capable of mounting such sights.

Working on an MP-compatible dropship script... if I can figure it out, it will spawn a dropship loaded with an APC, ready for drop, and drop directly out the bottom of the Sulaco 🙂  If I can get it to work...

sulaco1.jpg

I've also updated the dropship flight dynamics, so it is much more responsive, and has enough thrust to fly into low orbit.  🙂 The flight ceiling is currently set to 150,000m which is really way too high to be of any use in-game.  But it DOES fly that high!

• Like 3

On 5/13/2020 at 7:16 AM, wansec_6 said:

G'day @hcpookie,

I was thinking that maybe you could put a rail mount on the top of the Pulse Rifle to allow the mounting of red dot/holographic sights. They would seem the most appropriate for the type of weapon.

IIRC the pulse rifles in the Aliens: Colonial Marines game were capable of mounting such sights.

but we do "real" AVP mod 😉 

you know , like OFP had it's bugs (Soviet Army had Czech weapons , RPG75NH instead of RPG7 for example) than AvP has its mistakes

PulseRifle should remain Pulse-Rifle, not "another futuristic"

it is  recreating AVP games 

not making new things which should be in real-real, but in "AVP realism" - play AVP from 1999, play AVP2 from 2001, watch Sigourney Weaver movies 

PulseRifle with rail is like James Bond without Walther PPK (or later P99)

Colonial Marines game from 2010 is third game but doesn't keep Movie realism (Aliens movies)

this should recreate movie or first games, i forget if there were attachments in 2010 game, but for sure there was no it neither in movie nor in AVP from 1999 (first game i ever modded before RTCW) or 2001

• Like 1

I’m so happy to see his mod get a tuneup! Hell this mod is the reason why I had to get a copy of the the Technical Manual for myself! Is it in the scope of possibility to add in any other vehicles, and gadgets from the TM make their way the mod? I’d kill to see a M40 Ridgeway or the M579 Daisycutter make their way into the mod. Good work guys keep killing it! 

"Version 2" update.  NOW available on Steam!  Onedrive d/l location is updated as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2221541445

- New improved APC model (Vilas)
- Improved pulse rifle model (Vilas)
- Added static Sulaco 3D model
- Improved dropship textures
- Added loadout edit capability to dropship
- Additional dropship textures based on the "Colonial Marines Technical Manual".
- Dropship now capable of reaching "dropship" heights - now mission makeers can setpos "2" to achieve dropship heights. Tested up to 50km!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

OK now we need an Aliens version of Escape with the player coop crew drop shipped into a map, rescue someone or get something, then GTFO... thats it.... How hard can it be?!