Been a fan of aliens since i first saw it nearly 30 years ago. That and predator. 

If someone gets a good looking xenomorph together i will be fucking over the moon. When i mean good, i mean good. Not a raptor converted it won't feel right for me personally. 

You have me thinking of maps now LV426 and LV223 could become residents on my pc very soon.

Might even take a stab at hadleys hope too. Dunno yet. But the maps will be a looked into.

Not downloaded the mod yet but will take a look soon.

This is a port of Vilas' work.  One cannot simply "borrow" from other people's mods.  You're welcome to enjoy it as-is.

• Like 1

My apologies. I didn't mean it that way, I meant as in asking. I'm just trying to help, and I'm grateful for your work.

Edited by Echo4890

17 hours ago, hcpookie said:

This is a port of Vilas' work.  One cannot simply "borrow" from other people's mods.  You're welcome to enjoy it as-is.

Unfortunately the sounds are broken and probably won't be fixed until my new M41a model is completed.

• Like 1

Well I have been given some new sounds and I still have to sit down and play with them.  The sound "blending" or whatever it is called makes the pulse rifle sound like it is echoing or something.  Hopefully the new sounds will work a little better.

The big kick in the nuts right now is the tedious work of unwrapping the model for a good texture layer for the NOHQ stuff, etc. inside of Blender.  As there are no seams on the model it is going to be a tedious bit of work, and frankly I'm not sure it be anything that is REALLY worth the time involved.

No one has commented on the other bits and pieces so I must assume everything is working OK.

• Like 1

is there any way on putting the smart gun at hip level like the NIARMS minigun mod.

Aside from texture work everything appears to be great on the mod so far, the armor for the marines and helmet size need's some more work i'd say. i agree the pulse rifle sound is a little off, a burst fire mod may suit it better or compliment it. I have faith all the little things will be worked out in short time. If you do not have the patience for all this have you thought about including others in the project?

On 2/19/2017 at 11:36 PM, cpl_hicks said:

Hey pookie thanks for this great mod.

Question I am trying to spectate while an ai flys to a waypoint and have the pods deploy but they dont work.

In the config I found this:

statement = "[this,1] execVM '\pook_aliens\scripts\pods.sqf'";

Not sure what to do with that so i tried this:

helo1 animate "flapsDown";

Still no luck, is there any way to have an ai deploy it or maybe using unit capture deploy pods without actually being the pilot and doing it yourself?

Thanks

You could either make a trigger or add this to the plane's INIT:

_scr = [this, 1] execVM "\pook_aliens\scripts\pods.sqf"

• Like 2

On 2/2/2017 at 6:16 PM, the dunny said:

Hey am I only one getting this error  "bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/vil_m39smg/burst/:cannot find base class 'burst', its crashing my game I cant use the mod unless I remove the aliens pbo?

I apparently as missing some core files wow, got it all straight, thank you for porting this and bringing one of my all time favorites 2 SCIfi vehicles into arma man.

Dunny what core files were you missing I am getting the same message about busrt class...help!

You need to patch your copy of Arma to the latest version.

djt1601

Dunny what core files were you missing I am getting the same message about busrt class...help!

Im still getting that same error, crashes my game also, even after updating I don't know what else to do super bummed out about it.

Wow Pookie thanks for updating this mod.. one of my favorites from A2!

On 1/31/2017 at 8:50 PM, Crielaard said:

Are me LEAN!!!?

YEAH!

Are we MEAN!?

YEAH

WHAT ARE We!!?

MARINES!

-Colonial Marines Aliens

:rthumb:

lets move it people! come on....shag it!

On 2/4/2017 at 3:11 PM, spookygnu said:

You have me thinking of maps now LV426 and LV223 could become residents on my pc very soon.

This is now in the works at my end too.

On 2/5/2017 at 10:47 PM, hcpookie said:

No one has commented on the other bits and pieces so I must assume everything is working OK.

one thing i noticed flkying the dropship is.............no hover mode?? this makes it rather hard to land without wheels. can you apply it to the dropship please?

Of course it has a hover mode.  Use your AUTOHOVER keys like any other VTOL aircraft.

thing i was doing was using my mapped button on my hotas, which didn't seem to work???? all the other buttons work except that one. weird!

Then I posted here.

Then I thought, I haven't used the default key yet, so I realised because I hadn't removed it as a default function, maybe that would work. It does, 

I'm finding it stalls though at very low speeds and the hover doesn't seem to work like I thought it would. It does work now, don't get me wrong but I thought maybe it could have been a little more powerful. It seems quite weak in its effect as a mode. 

Are you using AFM?  I have not tried AFM and it doesn't have any AFM values other than what it inherits.  I have zero problems landing on the platforms on Variable's sci fi map... but I'm using standard AFM.

aaahh that could be the problem then.

Edit, 

Nope still does the same thing, stalls about 45kph, and dead slow, I mean deeeead slow at descending height.

pm'd btw, wanted to chat about something outside the thread.

Ok, dropship aside for now, I have a full 3D model of Hadley's hope and I have made a test version of Acheron (lv426).  

Would you like this to be added into the mod as a complete mod? Quite a bit of work is needed for Hadley's hope but it's not impossible to achieve, biggest hurdle is time. 

I have never done anything with characters yet so making a xenomorph is not my area of expertise I am afraid. 

Wanted to chat to you via pm about this but thought it be interesting to see other people's opinions.

• Like 1

Is there a way to increase the agility in hover? Its a bit stiff compared to the film. Hopefully will see the landing gear suspension animated. I'm going to reinstall my mod tools pack. would you be able to send me a dePBO'd version of the UD-4?

Upgrade your copy of Arma to the latest version.

1 minute ago, hcpookie said:

Upgrade your copy of Arma to the latest version.

I have the last version