blackraider

ARMA 3 stops working in Windows 10 Insider Preview, Build 15019

I know working with release previews is dangerous and not supported in many cases but the release of Windows 10 Creators Update is nearby and this could be a problem if it's not resolved.

So here is my warning: Game stops working with the latest release of Insider Preview, 15019 with it's new Windows Game Mode. I've tried with and without mods. Mods used : CBA, ACE, ACEX, TFAR, ALIVE and ARES, all latest versions.

Cheers.

Hell yeah. I thought i went crazy. Have the same issue.

But with a more detail: The game actually does work... something... but in 90% of the cases it just stays black. With the correct sound and mouse cursor. If i move the mouse i even hear the focus sound of the game menus. So its just the missing rendering.

The funny thing is: it works in "forced window mode" all the times.

and yes, it doesnt matter if i enable or disable game mode in the windows settings.

And nope, the current dev branch of today doesnt work either.

addendum:

i also get a lot of those "The instruction at 0x referenced memory at 0x. The memory could not be read." errors

Windows 10 Insider Preview

Unsupported platform play in a supported platform.

Yeah, thank you for your useful contribution on this topic.

Neither of us were complaining. We just want to let the devs and community know that arma 3 does not run probably on the current state of the new game mode, which should by the way released on april.

2 hours ago, djotacon said:

Windows 10 Insider Preview

Unsupported platform play in a supported platform.

Windows Game Mode released in Insider Preview => Future feature in Windows 10 Creators Update

So I think you're smart enough to see if it's important or not. If BI doesn't deal with that issue, the game won't run when MS release the update.

Anyways I'd not complained about the game not working in Insiders Preview. I'd warned about that fact.

Cheers.

I mean if you guys are so worried about it, let BI know about it with a ticket on their tracker. They almost never reply in the Troubleshooting area. There's no sense in even discussing it here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I mean if you guys are so worried about it, let BI know about it with a ticket on their tracker. They almost never reply in the Troubleshooting area. There's no sense in even discussing it here.

Thank you. I'll do that.

Cheers

• Like 1

Windows insider = ALPHA/BETA version of Windows

obviously a smart "guy" knows that the "internal/preview" versions has a full errors/problems that are fixed in the final/retail ( and supported) version of the O.S.

Instead ask for a patch for something that obviously dont work - a internal versión is an unfinished version - think that a PREVIEW VERSION means.

And why you are so "smart" to play with an internal/preview versión of an O.S? even more why are so "smart" to make a ticket/post about an error in a unfinished - that will be fixed en the final versión -  version of MS?

I know working with release previews is dangerous and not supported in many cases but the release of Windows 10 Creators Update is nearby and this could be a problem if it's not resolved.

Read your own words and think.