OMAC

Task destinations shown on map but NOT in-game?

Hello,

Is there a way to have task destinations shown on the map, but not in-game?  Now, task destinations fade out, but is there a way to have them never displayed in-game?

setSimpleTaskAlwaysVisible is closest command I can see, but that won't do it as far as I can tell.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSimpleTaskAlwaysVisible

I'm not at my gaming pc right now, but in the 3d editor, under the waypoint's attributes, there should be a check box about visibility, right?  Now I think it hides the waypoint on both the map and in the world, but you could always use map markers to mark the objectives.  

I'm not sure if this is a good enough solution or if it's what you're asking, but can't you simply not assign the task? I was recently messing around with my tasks because I didn't want the markers in game.

Spoiler

//nultsk = [[west], tskname, [_tskdesc, _tsktitle, _tskmrkr], tskmrkr, true, tskcnt, true] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate;	
nultsk = [[west], tskname, [_tskdesc, _tsktitle, _tskmrkr], tskmrkr, false, tskcnt, true] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate;	// unassigned task (yellow marker)

// With Task Type Icons
nultsk = [[west], tskname, [_tskdesc, _tsktitle, _tskmrkr], tskmrkr, true, tskcnt, true,"attack"] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate;			
nultsk = [[west], tskname, [_tskdesc, _tsktitle, _tskmrkr], tskmrkr, false, tskcnt, true,"defend"] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate; // unassigned task (yellow marker)

58 minutes ago, csk222 said:

I'm not sure if this is a good enough solution or if it's what you're asking, but can't you simply not assign the task? I was recently messing around with my tasks because I didn't want the markers in game.

Hide contents

//nultsk = [[west], tskname, [_tskdesc, _tsktitle, _tskmrkr], tskmrkr, true, tskcnt, true] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate;	
nultsk = [[west], tskname, [_tskdesc, _tsktitle, _tskmrkr], tskmrkr, false, tskcnt, true] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate;	// unassigned task (yellow marker)

// With Task Type Icons
nultsk = [[west], tskname, [_tskdesc, _tsktitle, _tskmrkr], tskmrkr, true, tskcnt, true,"attack"] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate;			
nultsk = [[west], tskname, [_tskdesc, _tsktitle, _tskmrkr], tskmrkr, false, tskcnt, true,"defend"] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate; // unassigned task (yellow marker)

Well, I wanted the tasks to be assigned normally, but that might be the only way to not have them show in-game.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Savage_Donkey said:

I'm not at my gaming pc right now, but in the 3d editor, under the waypoint's attributes, there should be a check box about visibility, right?  Now I think it hides the waypoint on both the map and in the world, but you could always use map markers to mark the objectives.  

Thanks, but I'm not using waypoints or markers for tasks, as I'm using regular A3 task module system.  But I will experiment with markers; I don't know what the "Marker" box in the Create Task module is for.  But I doubt that will do the trick.

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

Thanks, but I'm not using waypoints or markers for tasks, as I'm using regular A3 task module system.  But I will experiment with markers; I don't know what the "Marker" box in the Create Task module is for.  But I doubt that will do the trick.

Oops.  I misread the question.  IIRC, you put the name of a map marker into the box and it assigns the task at the location of the marker.

29 minutes ago, Savage_Donkey said:

Oops.  I misread the question.  IIRC, you put the name of a map marker into the box and it assigns the task at the location of the marker.

That's what I thought, but I tried it, and couldn't get it to work.  Tried marker name both with and without quotes.  I'll try again. 

43 minutes ago, OMAC said:

That's what I thought, but I tried it, and couldn't get it to work.  Tried marker name both with and without quotes.  I'll try again. 

In the destination field (i think that's what it is called),  there should be a marker option.  You could also use a setTaskDestination module for setting the position of the task to the marker, then sync it to the main task module.

I see no marker option for Destination field (Create Task module), just "disabled" and "Module position."  I've been using "Module position."

It would be cool if there was a way to have Task Destinations shown only on map, not in-game.  It would require orienteering to task destinations rather than simply pressing J to show the destination!

No, as I haven't needed to.  But I'll try it to see if it behaves any differently than what I'm currently using.