Sign in to follow this  
alfaceroquince

How many fps will I get with these laptops?

Hi there,

I would like to know please how many fps in average I will get with these laptops in arma 3 multiplayer:

MSI Classic CX62 6QD-241XES

Intel Core i7-6700HQ

8 GB  RAM

NVIDIA GT940 2GB

ASUS R510VX-DM010D

Intel Core i7-6700HQ

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M 2 GB

And what about in arma 2 multiplayer?

Thank you,
Regards.

First of all, stay away from ASUS ROG laptops. They do not hold up.  If you want the best deal possible then get on Ebay and search for a Lenovo Y70 used or refurbished.  That's what I'm running and been a fantastic laptop. It come's with a Nvidia GTX 860M 4 gig video card and performs well running A3.

The secret to getting good performance out of A3 is your processor speed, you can overclock the 2.5 GHz Lenovo processor to 3.5 GHz no problem and get good performance.

Just messing around in Virtual Reality map I can get over 100 fps no problem.  Altis, I get in the 50's and Strattis I get 30's to 40's.  Tanoa, it varies but I never fall below 30 fps playing Coop or Multiplayer, usually King of the Hill or Exile.

MSI laptops are top of the line and are a solid brand.  I love the layout of the keyboard and the track/numpad.  If you can swing it you can go with the MSI but in short time the 2gb video card will be very limited in performance and ability on future titles.  In my mind you would be better off going with a Lenovo and have room to grow and run the latest titles down the road.

Hope that helps 

Scott out

20 hours ago, swtx said:

First of all, stay away from ASUS ROG laptops. They do not hold up.  If you want the best deal possible then get on Ebay and search for a Lenovo Y70 used or refurbished.  That's what I'm running and been a fantastic laptop. It come's with a Nvidia GTX 860M 4 gig video card and performs well running A3.

The secret to getting good performance out of A3 is your processor speed, you can overclock the 2.5 GHz Lenovo processor to 3.5 GHz no problem and get good performance.

Just messing around in Virtual Reality map I can get over 100 fps no problem.  Altis, I get in the 50's and Strattis I get 30's to 40's.  Tanoa, it varies but I never fall below 30 fps playing Coop or Multiplayer, usually King of the Hill or Exile.

MSI laptops are top of the line and are a solid brand.  I love the layout of the keyboard and the track/numpad.  If you can swing it you can go with the MSI but in short time the 2gb video card will be very limited in performance and ability on future titles.  In my mind you would be better off going with a Lenovo and have room to grow and run the latest titles down the road.

Hope that helps 

Scott out

Thanks for your comments!