professormichel

Ddos attacks caused by a security breach in the steam friends list

Srs, we who have dedicated game 3 gun servers are fucking us into an absurd security breach in steam's friends list.
This security breach allows any player to see the ip and server port that their friends on the list are connected to, which enables anyone to direct Ddos attacks to the ip and port that appears.
I am a server provider and owner of 2 arma 3 servers, which have suffered several attacks Ddos due to this stupidity of their developers, I would like to request that this function be removed from the context menu, the option is to see information of the game that enables The realization of attacks ddos.

Large companies like Teamspeak have made this change and have managed to greatly reduce the attacks on their servers, we need this also in weapon 3, hiding the ips from the servers.

http://imgur.com/a/M5kmg

Waiting by your response and correction.

9 hours ago, professormichel said:

Srs, we who have dedicated game 3 gun servers are fucking us into an absurd security breach in steam's friends list.
This security breach allows any player to see the ip and server port that their friends on the list are connected to, which enables anyone to direct Ddos attacks to the ip and port that appears.
I am a server provider and owner of 2 arma 3 servers, which have suffered several attacks Ddos due to this stupidity of their developers, I would like to request that this function be removed from the context menu, the option is to see information of the game that enables The realization of attacks ddos.

Large companies like Teamspeak have made this change and have managed to greatly reduce the attacks on their servers, we need this also in weapon 3, hiding the ips from the servers.

http://imgur.com/a/M5kmg

Waiting by your response and correction.

Deal with it, kids will be kids and ddos. And TeamSpeak may of taken some measures but good old Linux has the kiddies backs in hand...

9 hours ago, professormichel said:

I am a server provider and owner of 2 arma 3 servers, which have suffered several attacks Ddos due to this stupidity of their developers

Calling the BIS Developers stupid, its not a great way to go about asking for help is it?

You are aware you are complaining about a steam feature right ?
That info is required to join a server your friend is playing on.

Also even if you remove that feature there are few other methods to figure out what server someone is playing on.
Honestly the best you can do is get a server with some DDOS Protection and just wait for the person to get bored.

Plus i would question why you have people in your friends list ddosing you server

• Like 2