warbirdguy1

PBO Creator for ArmA 3?

Hello, I have a terrain ready from Terrain Builder but and having difficulty locating a comprehensive PBO creator.  Any ideas as to how I do this?

Awesome!!! Thanks for the help!  I appear to have everything in the folder and selected the proper folder.  What could cause this error when crunching?  I have the correct source folder selected.

16298380_1827131334222485_79139154624422

You need to point it to where your .wrp file is. Normally you put it the same place as your config.cpp

16299358_1827436967525255_51938849657469

They are both in there.  This is quite frustrating :/  Any other ideas?  You have been real helpful!

16 hours ago, RoF said:

You need to point it to where your .wrp file is. Normally you put it the same place as your config.cpp

Strange... the only thing I can find is this post

Maybe you config.cpp is wrong? Could you post a pastebin link to it?

Also try asking on discord https://discord.gg/0aWSevYPq5TDcIVl  There is more people on there

On 1/28/2017 at 9:46 AM, RoF said:

Strange... the only thing I can find is this post

Maybe you config.cpp is wrong? Could you post a pastebin link to it?

Also try asking on discord https://discord.gg/0aWSevYPq5TDcIVl  There is more people on there

I figured out that problem at least.  My config was recognized as a text document but I fixed that issue.  Now I am on to this and still puzzled...

16298886_1829169807351971_45023718948258

It's telling you what files are missing. By the look of it you haven't extracted your arma 3 data. Again you can use mikero tools, download and use ArmA3p from https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

You are also missing you roads file, even export your roads or turn it off in your config file.

Also I don't know what was going on with your config file, but you might want to use the config files from the Atlas guide http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28048.

There is a LOT of broken config floating around that are broken or got even more broke with the apex update. The Atlas files work fine and have less junk in them, what you won't use

15 hours ago, RoF said:

It's telling you what files are missing. By the look of it you haven't extracted your arma 3 data. Again you can use mikero tools, download and use ArmA3p from https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

You are also missing you roads file, even export your roads or turn it off in your config file.

Also I don't know what was going on with your config file, but you might want to use the config files from the Atlas guide http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28048.

There is a LOT of broken config floating around that are broken or got even more broke with the apex update. The Atlas files work fine and have less junk in them, what you won't use

Yes and do yourself a favor and do not copy a config straight from an A3 terrain inheriting from caworld...inherit from an already created a3 island and change only what you need to change..the altas config is a great example of this.

I have the same problem I think.

Tried using ARMA3p, still doesn't work.

Followed the Atlas guide so i have no idea what i am doing wrong or what I forgot to do.

PBOproject_error1.png

As the error-message states: some files are missing (from your clutter config). That means either you did not set up you P-Drive properly (meaning unpacking all A3-Data) or your config has some errors, Be carefull, sometimes the config needs those adresses in small letters. Best to look in your config in the lines named above and check for each missing p3d if the path in your P-Drive is correct (and the data is all there).

• Like 1

when I look in "P:/a3/plants_f/clutter/c_Flower_Low_Yellow2.p3d" for example, everything seems to be there.

I checked the small letters, everything I spelled should be exactly the same.

for the unpacking of a3 data. I need to start Arma3p then press p then press y then pres y and just let it do its thing right?

Still same error

PBOprojecterror2.png

Start at the top, I mean it's not even finding your .wrp file! Go follow the PMC wiki guides and start from the beginning, you have messed something up along the way

• Like 1

Using the PMC wiki, I found that the "$PBOPREFIX$" file was missing.

It did not solve the problem however.

I really don't know what I am doing wrong, I checked the PMC and atlas guide multiple times now.

As you can see the .wrp file is present.

Spoiler

hoofdmap.png

Post links to your main config please via pastebin

• Like 1

WRP and Picturemap seem to be linked in the right way. Strange that it cannot find those files...

Perhaps try to delete your Temp-Folder in the P-Drive before trying to pack again? Maybe the pboProject is not able (for whatever reason) to overwrite older files?

Dont have any other ideas about this problem, sorry

• Like 1

Ok I made some changes in config.cpp and in cfgClutter.hpp.

Now the path to every file starts with P:\, after i did this PBOproject was able to find the files.

However there are still a lot of .rvmat files in the layers directory.

These still have the old path and i don't intent to change all 200 files to the new path manually.

Clearly I did something wrong?

Spoiler

PBOproject_error4.png

no no no. DON'T use P:\ in your path! When you give the map to someone else, the terrain is going to be trying to look for a P drive that's not there. So it won't load and will most likely crash arma

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gauroroth said:

Clearly I did something wrong?

Hide contents

PBOproject_error4.png

You've not regenerated your layers after changing the sat or mask

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richie said:

You've not regenerated your layers after changing the sat or mask

Yes I did, but that's not the issue.

PBOProject does not want to find my files, I have no clue how to deal with this.