Sign in to follow this  
shrike88

Helicopter Flight Model

Greetings. 

Trying to augment the flight model of some helicopters, however with the advent of the new flight model and Rotorlib I was unsure of something.

Without the Rotorlib.xml configuration file in a mod does the helicopter just default to basic if the Advanced flight model is selected ? 

What are some of the parameters when augmenting just the basic model to take into account. mostly the effectiveness of the cyclic and controls at speed and at lower speeds? 

all of the aerodynamic modeling  is still all compiled into the aircraft config file regardless of the rotorlib correct ? 

Thanks

Shrike

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

Greetings All,

Hi Shrike88,
I cannot answer your question, but I have also noticed that the advanced flight model (forceRotorLibSimulation) cannot force the advanced flight simulation.
I have been revisiting AW Invade & Annex by Rarek and Quicksilver while setting up a server for a friend.
I added the forceRotorLibSimulation = 1; to the description.ext in Misc functions but while testing the server,
I discovered that the advanced flight model cannot be forced using a second profile (for which advanced flight model is not active in the game configuration).

Thus I now understand that the advanced flight model can be selected in the configure controls,
but not forced on a server by the forceRotorLibSimulation = 1; configuration in description.ext

Is this correct?

Does anyone have an answer to the above questions?

Thanks,

Percipio, sorry you cant help me nor answer. check this forum out about forcing your Rotorlib on server.

Hi All,

I found why the advanced Flight model was not working in multiplayer.

I had only added "forceRotorLibSimulation = 1;" to the description.ext on the SP saved mission file. I added it to the MP saved mission file description.ext then exported it to MP, then up on the server, and it works fine!

Newbie mistake.

Cheers, 

Hey Shrike,

Still no answer to your question, but I did notice that "vanilla" helicopters, such as MH-6, Ghosthawk, etc can have advanced flight model running. Also that HAFM EC635 Eurocopter (great mod!) can also have advanced flight model working, however CUP helicopters such as USMC and US Army helicopters remain basic flight model even when advanced flight model is forced. They were also unstable on the server. (i.e. sometimes just exploding for no particular reason) Interesting no?

Cheers,

Yea sorry not sure of your issue. I know that not all Modded helicopters have the AFM .xml file available so even if the AFM is turned on there will not be an AFM to be used. Ill have to check out the EC635. Currently making our own version of the UH-1Y. Updated Flight model and textures. etc.

Hi,

All good.

I did some testing of CUP helo flight models and found some of them do support the advanced flight model,
particularly the USMC UH-1Y Venom (CUP_B_UH1Y_GUNSHIP_USMC, CUP_B_UH1Y_MEV_USMC, and the MH-60S Seahawk).
Though I noticed that they may not have full animations of the controls, as with the BI models, textures  (stick, pedals, etc) There may be others...

There were several that just blew up (in several different ways).
From memory, they included the Super Stallion and the UK gunship AH1 and a few of the planes. I'm not sure why...

I also really liked the US Army versions of the MH-6 and AH6 little birds (CUP_B_MH6J_USA and CUP_B_AH6J_several versions),
because you could push them far faster than the standard ones. Good fun.

Cheers,

On 1/30/2017 at 7:44 PM, Percipio said:

Hi,

All good.

I did some testing of CUP helo flight models and found some of them do support the advanced flight model,
particularly the USMC UH-1Y Venom (CUP_B_UH1Y_GUNSHIP_USMC, CUP_B_UH1Y_MEV_USMC, and the MH-60S Seahawk).
Though I noticed that they may not have full animations of the controls, as with the BI models, textures  (stick, pedals, etc) There may be others...

There were several that just blew up (in several different ways).
From memory, they included the Super Stallion and the UK gunship AH1 and a few of the planes. I'm not sure why...

I also really liked the US Army versions of the MH-6 and AH6 little birds (CUP_B_MH6J_USA and CUP_B_AH6J_several versions),
because you could push them far faster than the standard ones. Good fun.

Cheers,

Hi All,

Sorry for intruding ,As I am new I have no choice , but to post here, to obtain 5 posts, so I can post a new post.

Ah9 armed Helo Not firing guns or rockets. All other Helo's work fine. Manual Fire keystroke does nothing. Is this still a bug, as I have noticed posts from 2014 with same problem? or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks,

46 minutes ago, Wiregauge said:

Hi All,

Sorry for intruding ,As I am new I have no choice , but to post here, to obtain 5 posts, so I can post a new post.

Ah9 armed Helo Not firing guns or rockets. All other Helo's work fine. Manual Fire keystroke does nothing. Is this still a bug, as I have noticed posts from 2014 with same problem? or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks,

fixed Must be in Left Seat to operate guns.