muppet1856

[WIP] ArmA IFTTT (IF This Then That) Integration

I've started a extension addon that will allow servers to integrate to IFTTT.  So far, the DLL works for triggering an outbound event to IFTTT.  Next step is adding the capacity to receive events via POST.  Anyone interested in contributing, PM me.

• Like 4

if(this) then {
	that;
};

Done? *lol*

No srsly, what could you use it for, maybe explain a bit more what this extension can do / what ifttt is capable of :)

Regards Arkensor

well there are quite a few methods that you can choose.

I am not too familiar with extensions but:

First would be setup a web server on a certain port and receive post request with that and when work with them with the extension if that works would be awesome.

Other way could be setting up a web server and write jobs in a database and read them with the extension from a queue in a database. (possible)

Would be possible to include conflicting key bindings?

I'm not going to spend an excessive amount of time explaining IFTTT.  Head to their site and read what they have to say - they are better at that than I.

MY intent with the extension, and frankly it was inspired by the XM8 app the Exile Mod team did, was to allow server and mod developers a way to get messages out of ArmA and onto the internet.  IFTTT would allow a mission editor to send a note to Twitter letting people know the server is up/down, mission is starting, mission results, kill notifications, kill streaks, etc. You basically pass it an event name, and up to 3 variables.

If adopted on the client side, you could configure it to dim your lights (IRL) to add realism.  Send tweets on your behalf announcing you are playing.

Given some more time/support, the extension could support receiving requests from the internet.  Though the more I evaluate it. It is too unbounded for me to grapple/oh-my-god-it-would-be-a-security-nightmare.  I'd love to use it to support a Hunger-Games-like system to influence a game.  Tweet #SupportArkensor to send him CAS.

As it stands, I'm a few fiddly details away from my first step in finishing the server-side with scripting.  Next will be supporting it as an addon, and then looking at how to bring it into CBA and mods like Exile and missions like Wasteland.

Oh, in response to this:

On 1/24/2017 at 0:35 PM, Arkensor said:

if(this) then {
	that;
};

Done? *lol*

No srsly, what could you use it for, maybe explain a bit more what this extension can do / what ifttt is capable of :)

Regards Arkensor

Thanks for helping me with my syntax error - I missed the closing cynicism after the declaration.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 6:57 PM, muppet1856 said:

I've started a extension addon that will allow servers to integrate to IFTTT.  So far, the DLL works for triggering an outbound event to IFTTT.  Next step is adding the capacity to receive events via POST.  Anyone interested in contributing, PM me.

Out of curiosity - it's been a while - have you achieved the integrations you intended?