"Little mod", don't be silly this is like the pinnacle of Arma.

Seriously looks great though!

Hell yeah! Why why why didn't BI give us trains to begin with..lol..this is great!

Diesel

Nice idea, I like it.

Whats that for a drrrrrrrrr sound? Is this your first try to put a sound on it or is this background?

1 minute ago, in005 said:

Nice idea, I like it.

Whats that for a drrrrrrrrr sound? Is this your first try to put a sound on it or is this background?

Probably my mic picking up background noise.

Brilliant.

What about damage modelling?

For sound, I guess you need a diesel engine that is linked to torque as well as the CLACK .... CLACK of the rails whose frequency is linked to speed.

Perhaps LAxeman and/or JSRS can help you?

1 hour ago, domokun said:

Brilliant.

What about damage modelling?

For sound, I guess you need a diesel engine that is linked to torque as well as the CLACK .... CLACK of the rails whose frequency is linked to speed.

Perhaps LAxeman and/or JSRS can help you?

And maybe some smoke for effect. However, the first challenge is the path finding and track switching at intersections. The straightaways are easy - those corners are tricky!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duda123 said:

And maybe some smoke for effect. However, the first challenge is the path finding and track switching at intersections. The straightaways are easy - those corners are tricky!

Maybe @klamacz can help you.

AFAIK he's in charge of developing driving abiities for AI.

16 hours ago, duda123 said:

Working on a little mod for the Tanoa map so we can use the trains. Will be sever-side only like my other mods.

Are you going to add any other locomotives like steam? As they could be useful in a WW2 Scenario. Also will we see working train formations? If you need any further inspiration look at the AEF train addon for OFP, and the train addon for Arma2.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Are you going to add any other locomotives like steam? As they could be useful in a WW2 Scenario. Also will we see working train formations? If you need any further inspiration look at the AEF train addon for OFP, and the train addon for Arma2.

No, it's just going to use vanilla stuff. You will just be able to drop it on your server, and then anyone can drive around any trains on the track without having the addon. Driving will be done in 3rd person. Ideally will support hooking up cars together and track switching by pressing left/right when you approach an intersection. Other players will be able to hop on the train as well.

• Like 4

Wow... I just don't know how you script so well. Amazing work as always, and looks great!

BI, you guys are going to need to make a train interior now...

Hey duda nice idea there!

i remember there was a good working  train mod for operation flashpoint! Maybe you can still download it somewhere and see how they did it

• Like 2

You realize Duda, you have everyone planning raids and ambushes on trains.

Interestingly enough, your mod could make everyone hope project orange is actually more cars to add to the train ;)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, duda123 said:

Do two engines work? One engine per end?

• Like 1

Lovely. Though the train seemed to be travelling very fast.

Is there any chance of derailement?

either because the train is travelling too fast or because the tracks are badly damaged (sabotage)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, in005 said:

Do two engines work? One engine per end?

Sure, no reason why you couldn't attach an engine facing the other direction on the end.

3 hours ago, domokun said:

Lovely. Though the train seemed to be travelling very fast.

Is there any chance of derailement?

either because the train is travelling too fast or because the tracks are badly damaged (sabotage)

Not right now, but this would be interesting! Travel too fast and the cars go flying off the track... heh

I also didn't mention that the train will automatically be able follow any tracks you place on the map.

So it follows predefined waypoints?

1 minute ago, in005 said:

So it follows predefined waypoints?

It detects and follows the train track models as it moves.

So it it is possible to add custom tracks on maybe Altis or other maps, but not to add custom track models, right?

3 minutes ago, in005 said:

So it it is possible to add custom tracks on maybe Altis or other maps, but not to add custom track models, right?

Yes, that's correct

• Like 4