16 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

That's strange. I set the "scopeCurator" setting to 2 in the config. Do I have to do anything else for Zeus?

Edit: Identified the problem, will be fixed in the next version.

Awesome, look forward to many a mission with the mod!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

Awesome update, the woodland gorka can double as a makeshift mopp suit for an iraq war invasion loadout :D

Heh,remind me generation kill...

• Like 1

Thanks to fingolfin for update!

The addon looks pretty with addon with russian vests

8ohwnMwQTk8.jpg

If you need, i can write to author of vests, and he can send unbin files.

I took 6B3 from that addon. I tried to made OMON, but i have some problems.

UJa5StS3mG8.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Heh,remind me generation kill...

Yeah, that's the look I was going for :D Forgot Colbert had a m203 attached to his m4 though

• Like 1

Did anyone ask for SSH68 helmets? :tounge2:

drY4YEd.jpgCT7nZmE.jpgKeTORVg.jpgAM7ZldT.jpg

And the 2nd Chechen War units are not that far away...

VhpvPm0.jpg

HltsUgF.jpg

8 hours ago, Collaborationist said:

Thanks to fingolfin for update!

The addon looks pretty with addon with russian vests

If you need, i can write to author of vests, and he can send unbin files.

I took 6B3 from that addon. I tried to made OMON, but i have some problems.

If you could get the MLODs I will look into it (but obviously can't promise anything at this moment).

• Like 7

Howdy! First off let me just say thank for you sharing this with the community. It's great to see, And I look forward to seeing the progress this project makes.

Secondly, With the addition of the new MVD units. Are there any plans to add units that use the Zenitco AK variants in the future?

As someone who uses zeus almost exclusively this would be amazing, As there aren't any units that use them that I'm currently aware of. If you're not taking requests however, Please forgive my ignorance.

Cheers!

This mod gets better every time I see it! Already adore the KLMK suits added with the last update, and now here you are, appealing to my love of SSh-68s with covers. Have you stolen my dream journal or something?

:P

• Like 1

@fingolfin: Fantastic work. It looks better and better. Just an suggestion Maby You could restore ZSh-1-2 helmets that have been sacked in newest RHS update. Apparently 3d models are still there, so it only needs literally few lines of config and new classnames.

Regards. 

probably its just me being an idiot :glare:  but i seem to be having problems finding them in Eden .... could you please provide me the side faction etc.  (they are installed but i seem to have a problem finding them somehow) 

(i realy feel like a NOOB right now  :dummy: )

@bolo861 Wait and see. :wink_o:

@supergruntsb78 You should find these units under "Independent → Caucasian Rebels → Infantry" and "OPFOR → Internal Troops of Russia → VV OSN".

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, foxhound said:

The updated version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png
Caucasus Insurgency v1.1

required_addons.png
RHSAFRF
RHSUSAF
RHSGREF
RHSSAF

Thanks for hosting!

12 hours ago, TacticalDropBear said:

Howdy! First off let me just say thank for you sharing this with the community. It's great to see, And I look forward to seeing the progress this project makes.

Secondly, With the addition of the new MVD units. Are there any plans to add units that use the Zenitco AK variants in the future?

As someone who uses zeus almost exclusively this would be amazing, As there aren't any units that use them that I'm currently aware of. If you're not taking requests however, Please forgive my ignorance.

Cheers!

At the moment I have no plans for more modern MVD units since I would have to add more add-on requirements (like VSM's gear) to make a realistic outload.

10 hours ago, bolo861 said:

@fingolfin: Fantastic work. It looks better and better. Just an suggestion Maby You could restore ZSh-1-2 helmets that have been sacked in newest RHS update. Apparently 3d models are still there, so it only needs literally few lines of config and new classnames.

Regards. 

Here we go:

zUaHdqm.jpg

9SR65vm.jpg

• Like 4

@fingolfin:  Looks great, exactly what I was thinking abaut. Good job - Attaboy! from me:icon_biggrin:.

Regards.

Thanks guys! Just a small update on today's progress:

yWgLYgz.jpg

k67fI74.jpg

d84divt.jpg

And a question regarding the equipment of Russian Airborne Troops: How common were 6B13 vests in these units during the Second Chechen War?

• Like 7

I did a little digging. From what I gather, the Бармица gear including the 6Б12, 6Ш92, and 6B7, adopted around 2000, made appearances. Though the 6Б12/6Ш92 became more common later on in the war, the 6Б7 helmet seemed to phase in sooner. The 6Б12 is just a lighter and less protective 6Б13, though the 13 was around too, seemingly less common at the time. Mostly 6Б5 vests. I think a good look would be about one third having VSR 6Б12 and the rest split between various patterns of 6Б5, everyone having bare 6Б7 helmets, split between VSR and Flora M88, mostly АК-74М with the occasional odd AKS-74. The higher priority units like recon obviously got more 6Б12 and sooner and it wouldn't be strange to see almost an entire recon unit receive them. I noticed a lot of the 6Б7 helmets were painted with a simple black and tan design that would be nice to randomly disperse among the units, just google "6b7 paint" for an idea.

6 hours ago, fingolfin said:

And a question regarding the equipment of Russian Airborne Troops: How common were 6B13 vests in these units during the Second Chechen War?

Just adopted during it's beginning.Depends on year you planning to.If it's beginning - definitely no.Late stages - why not.

Actually the main armor vest was 6B12.6B13 is an assault version,which is heavier and have better protection.

6B12 was like 6B23,but less comfortable.

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

VSR and Flora M88

VSR-93 is Dubok/Butan

VSR-98 is Flora

M88 is Afghaninstan sand color uniform.

On 31-1-2017 at 1:07 AM, fingolfin said:

@bolo861 Wait and see. :wink_o:

@supergruntsb78 You should find these units under "Independent → Caucasian Rebels → Infantry" and "OPFOR → Internal Troops of Russia → VV OSN".

alright just to inform you   i am a idiot....   competly overlookded these guys in the editor (yesssss i found them :P ))  

5 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I did a little digging. From what I gather, the Бармица gear including the 6Б12, 6Ш92, and 6B7, adopted around 2000, made appearances. Though the 6Б12/6Ш92 became more common later on in the war, the 6Б7 helmet seemed to phase in sooner. The 6Б12 is just a lighter and less protective 6Б13, though the 13 was around too, seemingly less common at the time. Mostly 6Б5 vests. I think a good look would be about one third having VSR 6Б12 and the rest split between various patterns of 6Б5, everyone having bare 6Б7 helmets, split between VSR and Flora M88, mostly АК-74М with the occasional odd AKS-74. The higher priority units like recon obviously got more 6Б12 and sooner and it wouldn't be strange to see almost an entire recon unit receive them. I noticed a lot of the 6Б7 helmets were painted with a simple black and tan design that would be nice to randomly disperse among the units, just google "6b7 paint" for an idea.

3 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Just adopted during it's beginning.Depends on year you planning to.If it's beginning - definitely no.Late stages - why not.

Actually the main armor vest was 6B12.6B13 is an assault version,which is heavier and have better protection.

6B12 was like 6B23,but less comfortable.

Thank you, guys! Since I can only work with the models already included in the RHS mods the 6B7 helmet and the 6B12 vest are out of the question at the moment. My plan was: one variant of VDV troops in VSR camo with 6B5-19 vests (early war) and a second one in Flora camo with half of the units wearing a 6B13 and the other ones still in the 6B5-19. Does this sound about right?

16 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Thank you, guys! Since I can only work with the models already included in the RHS mods the 6B7 helmet and the 6B12 vest are out of the question at the moment. My plan was: one variant of VDV troops in VSR camo with 6B5-19 vests (early war) and a second one in Flora camo with half of the units wearing a 6B13 and the other ones still in the 6B5-19. Does this sound about right?

Variability isn't a strong side of military units.

Every military unit trying to make everyone look similar,but exists exceptions.As example - in my Training company we had various types of armor vests,starts from 6B12 and up to 6b23.Camo also varies.It was 2013 btw.

But then I'll go to serve into rifle company,we had similar weapons(AK-74M/RPK-74M),similar vests of single color,similar helmets.Literally only one battalion been equipped with diffirent weapons(AKS-74,RPK-74),but it was fully equipped with it,they had no AK-74Ms at all.

Better make everyone similar than make everyone unique.It's closer to reality.

My idea was just repurposing and renaming the 6Б7-1 helmet in RHS and the 6Б13 in RHS. The helmet will be slightly off, but the vests are almost identical, you'd be fine just changing the armor and weight values I think.

More variants of each- time constraints and workload depending- gives a mission maker (or screenshot-taker >.>) more options. Options are good! Even if they don't necessarily find a unit to be equipped on, please, don't restrict yourself to dropping planned variants just because they were or weren't used at such-and-such time by such-and-such unit. If I have a vote, here, I say anything you want to include, (I can speak for myself in saying) I'd be grateful for!

And variety is the spice of life, y'know. :P

7 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Variability isn't a strong side of military units.

Every military unit trying to make everyone look similar,but exists exceptions.As example - in my Training company we had various types of armor vests,starts from 6B12 and up to 6b23.Camo also varies.It was 2013 btw.

But then I'll go to serve into rifle company,we had similar weapons(AK-74M/RPK-74M),similar vests of single color,similar helmets.Literally only one battalion been equipped with diffirent weapons(AKS-74,RPK-74),but it was fully equipped with it,they had no AK-74Ms at all.

Better make everyone similar than make everyone unique.It's closer to reality.

Variability isn't a strong side of military units. Yet somehow when I am looking at any kind of photographic material regarding First and to a degree Second Chechen War no two soldiers look alike. Even in case of only uniforms not much uniformity, for example right now I am staring at photo of convoy in the mountains and squad of VDV on their BMD track wears mix of VSR, Flora, Afghanks M88 and anything in-between.

Regards.