1 hour ago, Phantom Hawk said:

We can make our own skins for it.

3 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

Those MiGs are beautiful. I hope you will include other paint schemes for them with no markings, like tan, grey, olive drab, etc so people can use them for other scenarios (Iraq/Syria for example)

This shit kinda pisses me off............... give give give and you always want more....... this is Project RACS: SLA Faction... not project everyone else.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

On 6/4/2019 at 7:40 PM, Dallas Medina said:

Where are the MiG models coming from? Made by you or from somewhere else?

Our models come from a variety of sources, contributions, and in house modelers working with and for Project RACS

Awesome! RACS and SLA in Arma 3 ... this is going to bring back lots of good memories from 2006 / 2007 🙂 *following your threads now*

YEmAJCa.jpg

Now recruiting some new testers and media creators. Looking specifically for those with flight sim experience to provide honest feedback for aircraft flight profiles. Those with experience in DCS, Janes, FSX or other flight sims would be beneficial. All applications will be considered. General testers needed as well. Anyone interested in generating media such as videos or screenshots with the addons while testing please apply.

We try to focus our testers skill sets or player styles on what we are working with at the time. So if you applied in the past and were not chosen, PLEASE REAPPLY AGAIN. We are at a point that expanding the pool of available testers would be extremely beneficial to the mod.

Please fill out this questionnaire if interested and reply to ProjectRACS@dev-hell.net

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=93729247519249857309

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A Russian BTR-60 that is fitted with a BMP-1 turret and armaments. Its a simple Cuban design and its something the SLA would have in their inventory. 

The same goes for the Chinese Type 85-IIM main battle tank. The Type-85 is fair easy design since it is basically a type-80 tank with additional armor and a new turret.

g2lr1dx.jpg

Type-85-IIAP.png

On 9/25/2019 at 8:56 PM, hazzami said:

A Russian BTR-60 that is fitted with a BMP-1 turret and armaments. Its a simple Cuban design and its something the SLA would have in their inventory. 

The same goes for the Chinese Type 85-IIM main battle tank. The Type-85 is fair easy design since it is basically a type-80 tank with additional armor and a new turret.

I have some ideas like these in the bull pen.... you will see some stuff like this soon.  Right now focusing on getting the airplanes lined out right and fleshing out the RACS portion of the mod. 

• Like 3

I have done some of this with the things I have made in the past -  BRDM adding different turrets, Pandur doing the same, etc.  Some things can be relatively easy copy/paste and some... not so much.  That Type-85 tank is based on a long cycle development of captured T-62 tanks into what became the "Type 85", which then eventually went on to become the "Type-96" aka ZTZ-96, and now the ZTZ-96A MBT.  The Type 85 started with the obsolete 105mm gun, and was updated to the "standard" 125mm gun (as found on the other Soviet design tanks).  So the Chinese ended up with their own branched-off design which you might consider a T-72.  It would take some work to get right... stretch the T-54 model, add a wheel, and redesign the turret.  It still makes sense to build-up things like that in some cases... not sure about the Type 85 however.

• Like 1

In that case, don't stress to much about it. I'm sure the team has plenty of armored vehicles planned. I recently got a new computer setup so I'll just download a bunch of modeling tools and play around with it until I get a proper model. I think this earlier version of the type-85 would be easier since it's chassis resembles a little more to previous designs. Maybe I should even go forward and create a type-80/88 since they look very similar, as seen in the picture below. 

Type-85_Chinese_PLA_MBT-storage.jpg

i'm wondering how would is Saharani with Tanoa's buildings.... I would leave the vegetation as is (tanoa is unplayable) so the source of saharani is in public data....

Yes it is, the SLA has a pretty well rounded Air Defense suite.

• Like 1

I can’t wait when I can use this addon in my scenarios. Is there any information on the release date for "alpha / beta /other" build for "use / testing"? And will there still be recruited testers for this add-on?

• Haha 1