9 hours ago, sv5000 said:

What about a parachute for the Jet, its far to good looking to crash!

well the Mig-21 did have chutes when landing, so i am sure they could be used for another purpose :f:

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 10:03 PM, pkmlover said:

Hello, any news fellas? I can't wait to download this mod !! 

;3

[]

Its about time for Jack Black to go the way of Jim Belushi and Chris Farley......

• Like 4

Morning patrol around Isla de Victoria and through Eponia......

i9G7GMr.jpg

5D4LQbE.jpg9rmZidZ.jpg5iQaziW.jpgYJx5N6i.jpg

• Like 18

where are all the good people of south sahrani hiding though why do they not greet their wonderful protectors with flowers and pastries?

38 minutes ago, knightlight said:

where are all the good people of south sahrani hiding though why do they not greet their wonderful protectors with flowers and pastries?

This cruise was north of the wall.....

Finally, an MTLB. Awesome.

Will these vehicles only come with SLA skins, or will it be possible to change decals and and camo patterns like RHS vehicles?

The jets are looking amazing too. Are you going to use the new Pylon system with them?

1 hour ago, yevgeni89 said:

Really like the attention to detail for the vehicle roundels/decals, any chance in the future to see varying helmets like some with covers or nets?

yes... but on different units yet to be seen. 

1 hour ago, Staines said:

Finally, an MTLB. Awesome.

Will these vehicles only come with SLA skins, or will it be possible to change decals and and camo patterns like RHS vehicles?

The jets are looking amazing too. Are you going to use the new Pylon system with them?

yes they will have hiddenselections, and yes the planes use the new pylon system. 

9 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

Seems like they lost a turret...

Hide contents

you have no idea what i still have up my sleeve......

• Like 7

It is a great time to be an ARMA fan right now, on all fronts top notch quality!!!!

• Like 1

On 13 August 2017 at 7:39 PM, wld427 said:

DoD9a1l.jpgjdNDv0P.jpg

It's great to see this mod in Arma 3! One thing I find is that having the units transport like this is not very practical in battle although it does look cool,  much like I witness with RHS a squad riding like this is easily wiped out in a firefight, it would be nice to have an option to force them to ride in the back.

2 hours ago, katipo66 said:

It's great to see this mod in Arma 3! One thing I find is that having the units transport like this is not very practical in battle although it does look cool,  much like I witness with RHS a squad riding like this is easily wiped out in a firefight, it would be nice to have an option to force them to ride in the back.

My squads are much larger than typical western squads. I use a full 20 man squad similar to Soviet and Warsaw Pact doctrine.

The inside cabin is already full with 8 troops before the external proxies will fill. 

Image result for russian troops in georgia 2008            Image result for russian troops in georgia 2008

The practice of riding on top of Russian made APCs is pretty much standard. 

• Like 4

anyone interested in joining the testing crew for the purpose of doing short VIDEO CLIPS please contact me with credentials. 

Yep i fully get that, and its not just the Russian's... but they definitely dont when under fire or going into battle, and in Arma, mech groups get wiped out quickly riding on top... but if the cabins already full then hey! thats the way it is.

Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wld427 said:

My squads are much larger than typical western squads. I use a full 20 man squad similar to Soviet and Warsaw Pact doctrine.

The inside cabin is already full with 8 troops before the external proxies will fill. 

That's how I did the APC ride-on-tops for the Unsung M113's.  It would be more accurate to not even fill the interiors although in-game that wouldn't make sense.

That is because land mines will quickly make dogfood out of anything on the inside of the APC's.  Better to take chances against small-arms fire than a guaranteed puree' of your innards riding on the inside.  So "YES" it is very practical. 

• Like 3

Not only landmines, but any type of AT weapon, including RPGs. The blast of a HEAT charge is actually much less deadly than the molten metal jet, so if the vehicle is nailed with an RPG you're more likely to survive if you're sitting on top. It's also an advantage if you come under attack, you can dismount rapidly, have a good FOV and freedom to fire your weapon, which the interior doesn't provide (the firing ports are of little use most of the time). Riding inside is pretty much only for when you're dealing with extreme weather, NBC conditions or driving at maximum speed (that is, on a road through an uncontested zone). 

10 hours ago, hcpookie said:

That is because land mines will quickly make dogfood out of anything on the inside of the APC's.

This is because of thin armor, that makes no difference are you inside or outside!)) For example IRL the BMP-2 can be disabled by heavy machinegun. Besides, the MTLBs is not the forward assault vehicle. Army using it for transporting crew and artillery behind the frontline only...

3 minutes ago, Rayko said:

This is because of thin armor, that makes no difference are you inside or outside!)) For example IRL the BMP-2 can be disabled by heavy machinegun. Besides, the MTLBs is not the forward assault vehicle. Army using it for transporting crew and artillery behind the frontline only...

But this is the SLA so perhaps they have no other choice.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

But this is the SLA so perhaps they have no other choice.

maybe its moving an anti-tank missile team and their equipment into place..... or maybe taking an infantry squad on a mounted patrol in a low threat environment where heavy mud is expected..... or maybe its chosen to opperate in this area because of its amphibious capabilities..... that is up to the mission maker to decide

• Like 3