Same launcher, just tracked not wheeled )

Also I find your lack of track suits disturbing,,, :f:

• Like 1

The SLA are a pseudolatin pseudocommunist military force, not dash cam rejects or the Sicilian mob. There will be no cheeky breeky here, gringo.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CannonSong said:

There will be no cheeky breeky here, gringo.

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CannonSong said:

There will be no cheeky breeky here, gringo.

I beg to differ cyka blyat :drinking2:

That SA9 looks even better than mine.  Good job!

On 6/2/2017 at 4:36 PM, knightlight said:

How are SLA relations with South Am countries like Argentina?

I have not really thought about that. What's on your mind?

Well theyre close by and I'm sure if the SLA has money some SA country that dislikes the Royal Army would maybe sell to them. Just an idea if you guys are still looking for more unique content. Like some copycat of south am domestic designed weapons etc. 

51 minutes ago, knightlight said:

Well theyre close by and I'm sure if the SLA has money some SA country that dislikes the Royal Army would maybe sell to them. Just an idea if you guys are still looking for more unique content. Like some copycat of south am domestic designed weapons etc. 

I really don't feel this connection to be honest. The SLA and DRS are more of an homage to the Eastern Bloc and Warsaw pact armies of the cold war. 

I don't see much if any similarities or any type of influence by South America.... especially with a mostly western equipped Argentina. 

• Like 3

Couldn't have said it better myself. The Eastern Bloc is the heaviest inspiration for the SLA's forces, and if anyone in the modern era has a working relationship with them, it'd be the successor states to said bloc. That said, there has likely been a bit of a diplomatic warming between the DRS and the rest of the world since the '06 war, but it is highly unlikely that south american states using primarily imported weapons of their own would be jumping to sell those stocks to a country still facing that kind of a taboo.

I should also note that despite being a Spanish-speaking country, Sahrani is more closely descended from Spain than south america. Hell, BI, in their... er... infinite wisdom... put the country's 'official' coordinates as between the US and Europe, so if anything, their influences come from the northern hemisphere, not the south.

• Like 2

I'd say they resemble the real life Armed Forces of Venezuela the most with mostly RusFed equipment.

On 6/5/2017 at 7:12 AM, bars91 said:

I'd say they resemble the real life Armed Forces of Venezuela the most with mostly RusFed equipment.

I could feel a bit of this if Venezuela wasnt still operating so much western equipment....

I would feel more of an Iberian/Northwest Africa flavor with a relationships int he middle east being supported by Russia, China, and red client states....

at least that's my $1.05....  what does your freedom.... or revolution cost?

as usual i encourage this discussion. It did make me sit and think a little bit. Made me make some other equipment considerations as well......

AFAIK Venezuela is REALLY pushing the RusFed/ChiCom equipment up-front (Chinese MRAPs and AK-103s, Mil helos, mobile SAMs, T-72BVs etc) w. older western weapons being upkept mostly due to their numbers in inventory.

Now, equipment (PASGT, tac. gear) is mostly western and/or ChiCom copy.

WOW!!! :drinking2:

I have little interst in A3, I spend most of my arma time playing A2 PRACS Domination solo! (long time fanboy :eyeheart:)

Great to see you bringing you work and imagination to A3 wld427!

• Like 2

So have the SLA invested in small gunboats etc.? or are the focusing on air and ground?

• Like 2

I'm so glad to see this, PRACS was one of many favorites for Arma 2 , and I love the direction you are going, though I have always been a loyalist myself :p 

• Like 2

just been doing some thinking about the back story... back stabbing and not so legitmate behind the scenes leadership changes are a common thing in Sahrani's past, labour camps, PMC's, covert operations. The 'unification' of Sahrani was built on very shady, bloody ground.

Would the thinking still be that the RACS are still a NATO backed member of the UN? If for example RACS went it alone, left NATO and withdrew from the UN then perhaps the newly re-equipped SLA might see it as an opportunity to, address some old wrongs?

Whats the mood of the people of Sahrani? would they welcome a new SLA govt, a new 'Peoples Republic'?.....or would the ranks of the RACS be swelled by 'home gaurd', vets from the 06 war, keen to fight to maintain the current way?

Who has backed the new SLA? The DPRK would like nothing better then seeing a once Western backed country fall....Perhaps China, always looking to the future, would like a foothold beween Europe and the US and well, modern war chews up equipment like never before and Rosoboronexport is always willing to turn a dollar...

• Like 2

On 6/24/2017 at 7:06 PM, knightlight said:

So have the SLA invested in small gunboats etc.? or are the focusing on air and ground?

yes.... that is all i have for right now. I have some stuff in the works but i do not want to disappoint if it does not make completion. 

15 hours ago, sv5000 said:

just been doing some thinking about the back story... back stabbing and not so legitmate behind the scenes leadership changes are a common thing in Sahrani's past, labour camps, PMC's, covert operations. The 'unification' of Sahrani was built on very shady, bloody ground.

Would the thinking still be that the RACS are still a NATO backed member of the UN? If for example RACS went it alone, left NATO and withdrew from the UN then perhaps the newly re-equipped SLA might see it as an opportunity to, address some old wrongs?

Whats the mood of the people of Sahrani? would they welcome a new SLA govt, a new 'Peoples Republic'?.....or would the ranks of the RACS be swelled by 'home gaurd', vets from the 06 war, keen to fight to maintain the current way?

Who has backed the new SLA? The DPRK would like nothing better then seeing a once Western backed country fall....Perhaps China, always looking to the future, would like a foothold beween Europe and the US and well, modern war chews up equipment like never before and Rosoboronexport is always willing to turn a dollar...

Like cannonsong and i kind of laid out before.....

Im thinking the Sahrani government is on shaky ground because of the Kings hard line policies, economic woes, conscription policies...etc. The SLA is sees an opportunity with dissent in the RACS ranks, and with the RACS busy with military commitments abroad. This opportunity would be, yes, the chance to right old wrongs, regain a foothold on the main island from the islands the SLA still hold, or a blatant violation of the former peace agreement. Maybe even a UN mandate to return occupied lands. Just because a country is friendly with some western nations does not mean the UN supports it in any way..... just ask the Israelis. This could also provide the opportunity to fight old battles but this time you will have a full red faction with a well thought out and equipped order of battle. 

Then again this all could be buttkiss and the damn commies straight up invaded the homeland..... viva la revolution...

• Like 5

On 02/07/2017 at 2:13 PM, wld427 said:

Then again this all could be buttkiss and the damn commies straight up invaded the homeland..... viva la revolution...

More then one way to skin a cat!

• Like 1

@wld427 how about something different for attack chopper & Tank

20170704212945_17vr44.jpg 20170704213149_1gmo17.jpg

the A129 chopper is proposed for export to couple nations and even turkey is building and modifying it (T129 ATAK)

it is a small but capable helicopter

and me thinks a wheeled tank/tank hunter would make sense for a small nation. better fuel economy then tracked vehicles and more mobile as well as easier to operate

yes.took pics of them from the mod. but maybe wld could ask them to provide the models if wld likes the idea for the sla.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think they would fit into the scope of the SLA forces. I would like to stick more to eastern bloc, chinese, or their affiliated nations style of equipment. 

• Like 4

hm, basically it is european stuff, after the wall came down few eastern block nations got western stuff. me thinks at least the a129 would make more sense than a Ka-50(if that is still on the list) or so. maybe you could sell it as chinese copy of the a129 or a sahrani license build version i mean sahrani is known for having a good helicopter industrie (at least the south modified littlebirds and cobras)