16 hours ago, wld427 said:

So i guess i don't want them to be "modern" but more "modernizing".... does that make any sense? 

According to this statement - Russian army is modern,but have stocks of outdated equipment.while US army is "modernizing" cuz uses 70-80 era vehicles,update to modern standarts.

Talking of this... ex-pact vehicles doesn't really have reserves for modernisation.There is lots of weapon modules,which increases vehicles firepower,but there is no armor enhacements.

4 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

The world full of fake M113...

Reveal hidden contents

1280px-M59_(APC)_3.JPG

photo_uk_fv432_1.jpg

cfc00fd1e894ae46bd8c8748194762b6.jpg

110864714.jpg

Nothing wrong with copying what has for the most part been a successful vehicle/weapon design. I mean the Panzershreck was developed from captured bazookas and as well as a majority of the tanks China has used like the Type 59. 

Plus it's easier and cheaper to copy(or import) existing designs than to design a whole new vehicle and/or weapon. 

20 hours ago, wld427 said:

I shyed away from those modern Russian helmets. They really are not that widely distributed. Plus i didn't want to make the troops look too Russian. I am looking for a feel of the Arma1 SLA units with the thought of them purchasing every a lot of legacy Eastern Bloc hardware out there, to refill and fix an unsuccessful ORBAT from the first war. Sort of a lessons learned kind of thing.  

So i guess i don't want them to be "modern" but more "modernizing".... does that make any sense? 

Re: helmets - the "usual suspect" with upgrading from steel pots IRL is a surplus PASGT or (equally or more often) a chinese/other noname knockoff. Bundeswehr and Bittish 90s surplus kevilars are also widespread (Africa, Ukraine).

Early MICH2000s/knockoffs are also steadily creeping their way into that "somewhat affordable" zone and earlier RusFed kevilars are also showing up (obviously Syrian gvt forces, Donbass, Venezuelan Army).

Steel pots (even the more collectable WW2 ones) are pretty much "freeware" here in E-Europe. Got mine for around 6 Euros and didn't even bargain. Pretty much the ChiCom rigs of the helmet world... :drinking2:

29 minutes ago, (2142)gen.reaper said:

Nothing wrong with copying what has for the most part been a successful vehicle design. 

a)Not a copies.It's developed separately.Just looks similar.Not even closer for characteristics.As example - swedish one equipped with 20mm cannon by default.

b)M113... successful design... seriously?Even US army use this only as utulity vehicles in HCBT.

12 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Re: helmets - the "usual suspect" with upgrading from steel pots IRL is a surplus PASGT or (equally or more often) a chinese/other noname knockoff. Bundeswehr and Bittish 90s surplus kevilars are also widespread (Africa, Ukraine).

Early MICH2000s/knockoffs are also steadily creeping their way into that "somewhat affordable" zone and earlier RusFed kevilars are also showing up (obviously Syrian gvt forces, Donbass, Venezuelan Army).

Steel pots (even the more collectable WW2 ones) are pretty much "freeware" here in E-Europe. Got mine for around 6 Euros and didn't even bargain. Pretty much the ChiCom rigs of the helmet world... :drinking2:

SLA in ArmA1 was inspired by soviet army... There was an soviet belt equipment system,steel helmet and sort of 6b2 armor.It's unacceptable for modern times,might be used for reserve service,but not really for modern warfare.

Agree here,PASGT or it's clones is a solid solution.

13 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

SLA in ArmA1 was inspired by soviet army... There was an soviet belt equipment system,steel helmet and sort of 6b2 armor.It's unacceptable for modern times,might be used for reserve service,but not really for modern warfare.

It was ok'ish for 2005-06 when A1 was released. Kind of "North Korea" style of keeping old stuff as pristine as possible in light of total isolation.

EDiT: or they just spent all that Def budget on those expensive-ass SU-34s :dozingoff:

23 minutes ago, bars91 said:

It was ok'ish for 2005-06 when A1 was released. Kind of "North Korea" style of keeping old stuff as pristine as possible in light of total isolation.

Actually not really too ancient equipment and vehicles compared to north korea.Just BIS do like make such mistakes in both ArmAs before - in one hand we have Ka50,Su34 and so on,in another - Cold war era equipment.

Well,usually fixing this is a mod makers job... :P

The Ka50 and Fullbacks weren't there in the SLA arsenal story wise. They never featured in the campaign. They were there mainly for MP missions and to give OPFOR a counter to BLUFOR attack helicopters and jets. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, slatts said:

The Ka50 and Fullbacks weren't there in the SLA arsenal story wise. They never featured in the campaign. They were there mainly for MP missions and to give OPFOR a counter to BLUFOR attack helicopters and jets. 

There was side mission in campain(Night diversion) with Ka50,they patroling air.Also there was single scenario with full airfield of Ka50,something like conquer pita and masbete.

Actually campain allow you to play helicopters and tanks only at the end... I never forget that nightmare,when you had to destroy 3 BMP2 using only one TOW carrier...

5 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

There was side mission in campain(Night diversion) with Ka50,they patroling air.Also there was single scenario with full airfield of Ka50,something like conquer pita and masbete.

Actually campain allow you to play helicopters and tanks only at the end... I never forget that nightmare,when you had to destroy 3 BMP2 using only one TOW carrier...

I stand corrected. 

Haha don't remind me!

22 hours ago, CannonSong said:

Which is all to say- We like the classic brain-pots more. They're more 'proper SLA.' So they stay.

To be clear, "So they stay" isn't "oh, but maybe if you try to convince us otherwise we'll change our minds"

To be more clear, while speculation is all well and good, please try to keep the 'suggestions' to a minimum of zero. It isn't exactly heartening to work on something, show it off, and have the reveal thread filled with people telling us what we're working on isn't right because it isn't what they wanted. You're free to have your own ideas and concepts about how things should look and what should be included, but take it somewhere else, please.

• Like 4

To be fair, i do like feedback.... but i am pretty set in what i have already done with the infantry. plus you have not seen the Revolutionary Guard yet nor the Especas and other stuff yet. In fact so far we have only shown about 30% of the mod that is already done. Plus i just got permissions for several more vehicles to be added, and i have not even started making funny rocket launchers and home brew vehicles yet.....

this mod will be a crap ton of fun..... i promise   

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, wld427 said:

i have not even started making funny rocket launchers and home brew vehicles yet.....

oh booooyyy, now im even more hyped to see Northern Sahrani's Arsenal! 

13 minutes ago, colonelhartigan said:

Make SLA nostalgic again :hammer:.

Out of curiosity what exactly do you mean? as stated before i really like feedback and discussion on the addons. Helps me to explain and justify my decisions. with that said i have been persuaded to adjust, change, and modify things in the past.

Hell....

one time Darkhorse talked me into adding an entire marine wing to the RACS.... it was a hell of a lot of work but it made sense and i did it...

tell me whats on your mind

• Like 2

I think he means, that with keeping light-OD vehicle paint, A1 style camies and weathering aircraft visuals you made the right call and kept the classic (nostalgic) feels but also improved upon the setting without going too Fast-and-Furious-after-3rd-movie batshit. :don16:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bars91 said:

without going too Fast-and-Furious-after-3rd-movie batshit. :don16:

I am stealing this phrase,  will use it the rest of my life, and there is nothing you can do to stop me..... 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, wld427 said:

I am stealing this phrase,  will use it the rest of my life, and there is nothing you can do to stop me..... 

Criminal_scum_bathtub.jpg 

• Like 4

I think you should make the whole mod align with the Arma3 laser-soldier-in-the-year-2525.  2525 SLA soldiers with bug-eye helmets and FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ON THEIR HEADS

• Like 9

What I meant is that whatever you give to us will be an incredibly unique gift if, when playing it, one hears on the radio...."Man....this reminds of that one mission in (insert historic arma landmark)....I was going around a corner and this slag...."

I don't mean it as a request, what I am saying is that this mod will be perfect simply for capturing the feeling of the SLA, regardless of what the specific assets are.

Take how you feel about this mod and run with it, we will only love for you it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

I think you should make the whole mod align with the Arma3 laser-soldier-in-the-year-2525.  2525 SLA soldiers with bug-eye helmets and FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ON THEIR HEADS

SLA conscript holding off RACS invaders near the border town of Corazol. 2006. colorized call-of-duty'ed:

• Like 2

On 4/20/2017 at 5:49 PM, colonelhartigan said:

What I meant is that whatever you give to us will be an incredibly unique gift if, when playing it, one hears on the radio...."Man....this reminds of that one mission in (insert historic arma landmark)....I was going around a corner and this slag...."

I don't mean it as a request, what I am saying is that this mod will be perfect simply for capturing the feeling of the SLA, regardless of what the specific assets are.

Take how you feel about this mod and run with it, we will only love for you it.

again as i said i do like feedback and discussion. So if you do have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to share and we will discuss them here. 

• Like 1

What's the plan for vehicles...the original green or are you going with any camo versions?

So far, it looks to be the original green.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, C.T said:

...original green or are you going with any camo versions?

Green camo...

Spoiler

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Green camo...

Reveal hidden contents

s-l300.jpg

420 was 3 days ago....... :tounge_o:

Most vehicles have the OD you see, save for fixed-wing aircraft. Guards units (Who will be getting a spotlight very soon!) have a three-tone temperate camo.

• Like 1